Removing Caterham Immobilizer

11Budlite

10 hours ago, ImposterFromUK said:

Pretty please could some kind soul pm a copy of the how to doc to me? 

I sent you a message.

On 6/3/2023 at 12:57 PM, ImposterFromUK said:

Fair point. How do you suggest I prove myself worthy? 

For starters, you could respond to my message that I sent with the info on how to remove the immobilizer! 

Yep, I don't think we'll see him again.  I sent him a PM yesterday thanking him for his understanding the extra due diligence given the sensitivity of the content.  As with Bruce's PM, it was read yesterday but no response or acknowledgment followed.  Although there could be a valid reason for his actions (medical emergency, realized he forgot it was his wedding anniversary, alien abduction, etc.) it doesn't take that much effort to simply reply with a perfunctory "thanks" especially to Bruce who helped him out.  

-John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, wingers said:

Hi there, not sure how this will go given the last few messages

Honestly?  It's not overwhelmingly promising.  Given the sensitivity of the information, I'm not a big fan of sharing it with someone who joined the forum expressly to access it.  Particularly when their IP points to the UK where the likelihood of misuse is much higher given the far larger number of Caterhams on the road.  Ultimately, it's up to the person who owns the IP.  If you PM me a username on Blatchat or pistonheads that I can verify by PMs there, and you have a positive reputation, I can share those results with him.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:54 AM, wingers said:

I don't really use other forums much, but if you look for jameswingfieldracing on socials you'll find me. 

wingers - I sent you a PM.

Edited by 11Budlite