LOG 29

sparecr

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See I let you guys down, forgot the theatre and Bass Pro.

I am not sure about a dues increase but next time there may be an registration fee. It may be hard to keep the registration fee at $0.00.

Yeah, I don't think we'll increase dues by much. The biggest issue with that is that what about the majority of folks who don't make it to the national meet? A portion of their annual dues would be going to support the folks who attended. The dues go towards hosting the forum and regalia/swag, as well as the door prizes we've given at all of the major USA7s events so far this year (a publisher's edition of Dennis Ortenburger's "Lotus Seven & Independents").

In some ways, we got lucky that we were able to partner with Lotus Ltd. for this year. For future nationals, we may be on our own for trackdays and auto-xes (two topics that we need to revisit...because it seem like people want to do them, but perhaps not enough to host either on our own).

Edited by Al Navarro
Added some info.

Thanks to everybody for coming. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Special thanks to the gentleman who let me drive his French Blue Seven (sorry I don't recall your name but I met a million people this weekend). After just a short drive around Barber I'm hooked. I want a Seven before I die. Incredible experience.

My son Jeffrey and I arrived from Fl. in my Stalker Thur. AM. Drove about 650 miles Wed.

An epic drive and your car looks very good. It was a pleasure to meet you folks.

Dean G.

We just got back home about 2 hours ago. I missed several Sunday driving events because of brain fade. It was probably just as well as high performance driving and brain fade do not make good companions.

Talledega was a hoot. I ran the car at full throttle for at least 1.5 laps although it was probably not the smartest thing to do on a recently rebuilt engine. When the cars in front of me slowed down to create a gap things got interesting. They would slow to create a gap then charge the corners. I would floor the throttle but not much would happen as I was so close to terminal velocity. I would then have to fight to stay up on the banking. It was great fun but I will admit to being a wee bit nervous. It was a joy to be following directly behind a beautiful type 14 Elite.

The Barber museum was fabulous. The luncheon was very good. The tour excellent. They do great work and the museum deserves support from anyone who likes Lotus or motorcycles. They even have an 1982 Yamaha RD350LC on display that is similar in all but condition and color to the one in my garage!

There were some great cars at the people's choice Concourse. It was easy to covet any number of the neighbors cars.

The track day was great. I missed the first run diagnosing and fixing stuck jets in both SU's! Being the slowest of the slow I didn't get many laps in each 15 minute session. I took it easy and had no incidents. I even learned a bit about the the track and driving.

From LOG we went to the Tail of the Dragon. I managed one pass on the Dragon and some of Hell bender. True Seven roads. I managed to get rained upon which made some of the drive even more interesting. The Seven does great on wet roads. The reduction in grip makes it even more smooth and responsive.

It was wonderful to meet and get reacquainted with so many Se7en people. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with all of you.

Thanks. I have no idea who owns the yellow car. The method of packing is cool. It reminds me of Tony V. on his expeditions. I can't even tell if the rear end is sagging or if it is powering out of a turn.