Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. well that certainly worsened from when I looked at it yesterday morning! wow - 2-4 inches of snow! I think I would need to put the windscreen back on.
  2. What happened? Anything serious?
  3. Yep - also found here http://usa7s.com/vb/showpost.php?p=58690&postcount=27 Your car makes 4 found so far in the US and there are some possibilities the European kits sufferred the same fate.
  4. I played rugby at school growing up in Australia. Gave it up when I took out both collarbones and the right elbow in a tackle (the other player stomped me). My father called it character building. Rugby players play all facets of the game - none of this alternating defense and offense rubbish, so the game moves faster. I find it is a far more masculine and entertaining game than those overpadded and overpaid fairies that play American Football. Let the flaming begin! :jester:
  5. Drew - I love your idea but none of the auto glass places would supply automotive glass thin enough to fit within the frame - same issue that Kitcat saw? Ron - Anyone can go fast down the straight, its making good time through fast corners that sorts the men from the boys.
  6. Prices are slightly higher now assuming you can order one. I have been back ordered since July when I smashed mine up at NJMP. However, this delay did inspire me to go aero - :cooldude: Reducing drag should make me faster. Now how did the front end get out of alignment? Run off the road once or twice? I think I have a washer bottle spare which I would be happy to sell on if you need it.
  7. Hmm....i guess i can claim to have driven part of that track already in the seven as i use the roads through Weehawken and WNY to get up to the Palisades parkway. Yes the roads have a nice backdrop of NYC but River Road is notorious as a traffic congestion spot already what would it be like with the road closures to make a track. BUs service to get there is pretty poor but there is a light rail and a decent ferry services from midtown and lower manhattan. I think this is one GP i might want to watch from the comfort of my living room on tv- assuming this even happens.
  8. Yes - he needed to do some novice practice so he could run with us on Nov 12 in the intermediate category.
  9. For that money you are in Cosworth Duratec land with a lot more horsepower and they still sound pretty good.
  10. Correct but the Caterham S3 regular seats will fit in a Birkin as i have seen that installation done.
  11. Bruce - It was good to see I got your back up! :jester:
  12. In the "mine is bigger than yours" category was Jack's seven up against the Lamborghini LM002. 5.4L of V8 power taken out of a Countach to demolish the puppy SUVs in the local supermarket parking lot. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00949_edited-1.jpg I found something better to put my manhood up against - another E-type! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00951_edited-2.jpg Looking forward to getting out on October 30 when you get back Bruce!:seeya:
  13. This is Bruce Bowker's gorgeous E-type with the 4.2 6 cyl. just a work of art. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00944_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00940_edited-1.jpg While Bruce said it was ok to take his Astons for a run (I printed out this thread to show Wil) but they were sadly not ready for a run - the DBS had no brakes and the Lagonda had electrical issues - sort of figures! So we took out the E-type for a loop around the Delaware. I thought we had damaged it when we checked the engine bay and found enamel peeling off the headers but we were calmed down and told that it was like that before from when Bruce drove it. Phew! This Lancia Flamina Zagato bodied couple was gorgeous in deep plum. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00945_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00946_edited-1.jpg
  14. They may have been great roads but I was sort of lost confused by the detour on detour! We did pass Boxologist's Jump - a notable spot in the Delaware River Valley where Jon demonstrated he was the equal of the Dukes of Hazzard by launching a Miata. Anyway here are some photos - Here is a group photo from L to R - SteveS1, me, Redgoose's new R500, Karl's R400++, Jack's supersport. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00939_edited-1.jpg The quality of the cars on offer was diverse but exceptionally interesting: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00941_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00942_edited-1.jpg Wil's Maserati 300-style roadster he is building from scratch. That is a handformed aloominum body you are looking at. Beautiful workmanship. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/October%202011/DSC00943_edited-1.jpg
  15. Steve - Also planning for the 10am to 10.30am area, depending on traffic. Fall colors should also be impressive. As for Bessie, she is sadly still wheels off in Denver.
  16. Bruce I think we need a mix of both - little vigorous to have some fun then a bit of a cruise along an open country road. Personally I like a bit each way for variety. I am averse to anything near New Hope as it is always a parking lot anytime I go near it. Maybe a halfway stop at Van Sants airfield to check it out?
  17. I think mine is! It just chewed through the dirt at NJMP!
  18. Maybe it was the 9 or so layers of clear coat on the carbon? All jokes aside, you need to reweigh it. I think you will find it lower. I have a CSR - so an SV with the heavier IRS and all the extra chassis bracing. With no windscreen, no spare tire, or weather gear but with the heater and just the standard boot/interior carpets/insulation and no fuel and I came in at 1254 - 4 pounds above where Caterham says it should be. Of course mine goes 300 pounds overweight once the driver hops in.....
  19. I think it was Freestyle who made the superwide? Sean will pop up here shortly to confirm. I think they are now out of business unfortunately.
  20. I agree. Go for it John - it will be a nice upgrade from your Birkin! I love the hillclimb videos - magnificent scenery and a lovely drop off the side if you get it wrong. Which part of France is that hill climb course located in?
  21. Oh that was your Aston I left my handprints on when I was checking out the interior? They also had an Aston Martin Lagonda there which is a pretty rare animal. Seriously, the weather forecast is looking excellent. SteveS1 and I are planning to be there. The more that come along the better.
  22. After a quiet period of no seven drives, especially after our June 2011 drive was rained out, there are a lot of options for getting the seven out before old man winter hits us. Bruce is back in town at the end of October and so we are going to try for a drive on Sunday October 30, 2011. Meeting point is the parking lot opposite the Ship Inn in Milford NJ. For those who do not know where this is the the website link has directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=The+Ship+Inn,+Milford,+NJ&sll=40.570105,-75.095329&sspn=0.007596,0.012274&ie=UTF8&hq=The+Ship+Inn,&hnear=Milford,+NJ&ll=40.570301,-75.095329&spn=0.007188,0.012274&z=16&iwloc=A Arival time is 10am and we will leave around 30-40 minutes later once we have got our act together and finished socializing. Drive of about 1.5-2 hours will be guided by Bruce since he is a local and knows some nice roads. Following this it is lunch in the Ship Inn to taste some brews. I can say that Bruce is in and so am I subject to the usual weather constraints. I believe Karl was a definite for the Sunday. Boxologist and Crewst were tentative. Let's see if we can get seven sevens!
  23. I think I like the Liberty Bell layout better. It looks fairly flat in the photos but hopefully they work some elevation changes into it. From looking at their website they dont seem to have a member program like Alpine, NJMP or MMC.
  24. Nice observation - I had not focused on the track configuration. What was the issue with non-approval of MMC? Did they try for it or did they screw up?
  25. I was cracked up with laughter when I watched the race on Saturday night and saw this segment. It is not a track where you can be a passenger easily. I competed in this race once many many years ago when I was young and dumb and had no fear. The footage of the car is actually out of sequence at points - at one point it is heading down the mountain even before it has reached the top!
×
×
  • Create New...