Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. No Bruce - you did everything fine. What you forgot is that Boxologist and S1Steve are just like their cars - SLOW :jester:
  2. Regretably I will not be able to make the June 12 date for family reasons. Given how much fun last year was I will be praying for rain as I can make the rain dates of June 18 or 19.
  3. :rofl: I love it!!
  4. The seller has a second Seven type car for sale with very different styling - again no affiliation http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-Custom-Built-Super-8-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceefb3ea4QQitemZ330426957476QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks You are bidding on a custom built car. I have built numerous Super 7 style cars since I admire their disighn. The car is built around full square steel space frame and is a much larger car than the origional Super 7. Steel and aluminium body except for the nose, fenders and the deck lid. For the drivetrain I used a Turbo Datsun 280z mated to a 5 speed trans.. The motor is fully rebuilt with 0miles. Spearco intercooler, autometer fuel pressure guage, JSK fuel rail, large B&M oil cooler, custom made intake manifold plus much much more. The motor is controled with a fully adjustable computer box by Mega Squirt for the fuel and spark. No more distributor now it obtains a crank trigger with a coil pack for the spark. The rear suspension came from a 240z and has adjustable cambers for better cornering. The front suspension is all custom built and fully adjustable. The hubs are from an Alfa Romeo for easy servicing and fully adjsutable coil over shocks. Custom rack and pinion steering. This is not a cheap home built kit car as a matter a fact its a very serrious car. Its presense is always felt on the road. The car has excelent handling since the motor sits behind the front axle line so it is very well balanced on turns. This is a very very fast car, This car will need some finishing work. Seats will need to be upholstered and I will supply the blue leather. The front glass needs to be cut and installed. The right rear tail lights need to be installed and are included. The rear deck flew off while transporting and will need some body work. The hood will need some body work. Fog light is damaged $30.00 And small things here and there The car runs and can be driven on a car carrier. Shipping costs are the buyers responsibiltiy. I can help with loading. This car is being sold asis with a bill of sale and no title. It is the buyers responsibility to ask questions since I am pretty sure I did not include everything in my discription. So if anyone is interested in this car you can call me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks Van 818-455-7836
  5. This caught my eye on ebay....no affiliation. Some interesting ideas here...V12 with 6 webers!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-Custom-Built-Super-8-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceefb12afQQitemZ330426946223QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks You are bidding on a costum built car. I have built numerous Super 7 style cars since I admire their disighn. The car is built around full square steel space frame and is a much larger car than the origional Super 7. Steel body except for the nose and fenders. I used Ford drivetrain and Jaguar suspension. The motor is a Ford 4.6 modular V8 with a 5 speed manual trans. The rear suspension came from a late XJS and the front are from an E-type jaguar, chrome with updated calipers. Power rack and pinion steering and adjustable coil over shocks. The wheels are 20x8 front and 20x10 rears manufactured by Antera. The car has convertble top that operates with ease and I think is a first on a super 7. Using the best fabric for the top and the removable doors. Carbon fiber large Autometer guages for the interior. Origionally I had installed a V12 Jaguar motor with six Webers. It looked exotic but i just could not get it to run right although it still was a very fast car. I desided to switch out the motor with Ford 4.6 and so I did. I ran the car with this motor with a 4 barrel carb using its origional comupter box to control the spark on the motor. In this configuration the car ran good, very fast but not as responsive as a fuel injection. So 4 months ago I decided to install the fuel injection system. So now the motor is a Ford 4.6 modular V8 from a 2001 Mustang with around 40000miles. The car will need a ECU to motor piggy back. The ECU is included you will only need the wiring. At most it should cost 1000.00 for a plug and play wiring and 5 year old can connect it. Until 7 months ago I drove the car to my house and started the EFI swap. Overall this is going to be a very fast car with minor effort. This is not a cheap home built kit car as a matter a fact its a very serrious car. Its persense is always felt on the road. The car has excelent handling since the motor sits behind the front axle line so it is very well balanced on turns. The car is registered as a pre 1974 Jaguar so it will not requre a smog check with strict California rules. The car has a vin plate that was issued by the State of California and is registered with the DMV. This should give you an idea about the car. I am pretty sure I missed alot of things in my description. So if anyone is interested in this car you can call me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE!!! Thanks and Good Luck!! 818-455-7836 Van
  6. Quote: "Almost every new car available today has that wind tunnel defined suppository shape." :ack: Takes driving by the seat of your pants to a whole new level.... If a stalker is a suppository then I suppose that makes Franken7 the automotive equivalent of a colonoscopy.... All jokes aside - great website - I was not aware of it before now.
  7. This TVR won the sleeper of the day award. The owner dumped the original 6 cyl engine and substituted a Toyota Supra straight 6 with turbo charging with about 500hp. A lot of custom work was done to make it work well - the exhaust system is a work of art. Lots of great ideas on here. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2837_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2836.jpg
  8. Jaguar XK120C. The owner of this car gets full marks for having a car that he drives a lot and does not worry about minor stone chips and being in less than concours condition. It was also pretty neat hearing him drive away and put the boot into the old girl and run it up the gears. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2827_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2828_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2830_edited-1.jpg Ferrari Daytona http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2831_edited-1.jpg
  9. Aston Martin DB6 http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2833_edited-1.jpg Alfa Guilia Spider http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2818_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2817_edited-1.jpg
  10. 1963 Alfa Guila Sprint GT. 60000km and all original - just beautiful. Unlike its more common outwardly identical cousins, this is the rare racing version. Full aluminium body, magnesium alloy transmission, modified engine and drivetrain. Still the same Bertone designed body. Quite an expensive little beast as only 500 were produced as road going cars for homologation and most of those would have rusted…. Current owner bought it about a year ago. The previous owner apparently only put 3000km (km not miles) on the car in 18 years. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2842_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2841_edited-1.jpg 1961 Alfa Romeo 2600 Touring Spider http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2820_edited-1.jpg Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. I was not aware these were sold here. Much larger car in the flesh than I expected - somewhat ungainly in proportion - quite big and bulky looking. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2840_edited-1.jpg
  11. Just to prove a point that it is not only the West Coast that can have gorgeous weather, I turned up at the Cars & Croissants event today in Chatham NJ. A nice sized event with plenty of interesting autos to inspect and chat with the owners. A large number of Porsches, nice smattering of Ferraris and Alfas, the odd Corvette, a few Astons, Loti and a couple of Dodge trucks…oops sorry Dodge Vipers. 1968 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 and its lovely sounding 12 cyl engine. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2824_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2826_edited-1.jpg 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta and another v12 engine note to die for http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2821_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20April%202010/DSC_2823_edited-1.jpg
  12. G'day Kiwi Caterham also use a modified bell housing to mate a zetec with a type 9. The standard transmission options for the Zetec in Fords were all for front wheel drives so I am not aware of any rear wheel transmission that bolts on other without modification. From memory I think even the Quaife, Elite, or other aftermarket boxes (including the Caterham 6 spd box) needed the modified bell housing. I suspect the Birkin bellhousing option would be cheaper than the Caterham option though! From memory the bog standard blacktop Zetec running FI put out 147-150 hp at the flywheel. Probably drops 30% or so to the rearwheels. With throttle bodies and other engine mods I have heard that this gets up into the 175-185hp range (flyweel hp) but someone else here maybe able to refine how they achieved this in practice.
  13. Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to the temperature issues you experienced with my own adventures. The car looks wonderful and I am sure you will sort out these types of new build issues with fettling over time.
  14. Due to uncooperative weather expected for this weekend, the Fish and Chips Run has been postponed to Sunday May 16. Meeting time and place remains the same.
  15. That would be the least of your problems if you were driving it!
  16. It looks such a dog that I would tie it to a tree and leave it there. I mean honestly, what market are they aiming at?
  17. Pssst...Arya - I am whispering so we do not let Mazda know your dastardly plans.... Excellent idea! We kick off from Milford NJ. From memory it is about 1 hour from downtown Philly (about 30mins to Trenton on I-95 and then 30mins on Route 29 to Milford). You could also follow the route the other side of the river that runs through New Hope. Both are nice cruising roads to get to Milford. Last year we did a nice loop starting and finishing in Milford with lunch at the Ship Inn. It is very nice Seven country up there - if there was work there for me I would move there. Jon - Echo you on the low speed caravan. No stop lights that only let 3 cars through each cycle.... better route planning needed. And more batteries in the GPS!
  18. That is brilliant. The sad thing is that it is so like various people I work within at the office with their love of acronyms, jargon and over-technical words. I like to play buzz word bingo during meetings :jester:
  19. It is looking better than when I last saw it a year ago at Carlisle. I like the work you have done with the dash - that looks nicely finished. EVen the bonnet shape looks good in these shots. What is you plan for the scuttle between the windscreen and back of the dash? Maybe enlist Jon at Carlisle to clean the car with Windex like last year? Nice shiny paint job? :rofl:
  20. Croc

    What am I?

    It is hardened steel - that was confirmed. I think it came from outside the bellhousing - there is a small access hole at the top - I think something fell in - nothing inside the bell housing was missing or damaged (other than by flying bits). I suspect a clutch bleed nipple or something similar that would be located in the vicinity of the access hole. Hole is now covered up so it will not happen again.
  21. Croc

    What am I?

    Gert - As you noted, it is identical to what happened with MoPho - same symptoms, description of offending object and damage - even to the point where I also unfolded the object to try and recognize it. Very curious.
  22. Croc

    What am I?

    Martin - A very good guess too as this was my initial thought - either a tooth from the flywheel or starter gear. However, apart from some gouges across the face, the starter gear is whole and looks in pretty good condition. Gert - I had forgotten all about that incident until just now - thanks for the lead. I think I will go and search the back posts to see. Either way I think it got in through the little opening on the top of the bellhousing - now it is covered up to prevent future surprises.
  23. I love the pic of you with the smile - just says it all! Congratulations
  24. Croc

    What am I?

    I was fitted somewhere near the top (outside?) of a Ford Type 9 5 speed gearbox mounted in a Caterham Seven SV I make a very loud crack crack bang bang noise in the bellhousing when the car is being driven at speed. I must be illegitimate of underdetermined parentage based on my car's owner calling me a bastard - several times over too - along with lots of other exciting expletive deleted words :cuss:. I can stall a revving Zetec in less than 20 seconds I leave great big gouges on the inside of the bellhousing, flywheel, starter gear, etc I am made of hardened steel but that did not stop me from transforming like a butterfly into multiple pieces of lovely abstract art I can take blood from my owner via scrapes, knuckles bashed and general mechanical incompetence (and get more owner expletives deleted). I am the cause of a recent engine and gearbox removal to find me (and more cursing from the owner). However, I really do not know, what am I? Some pictures of two pieces to help you out: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/DSC_2814.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/DSC_2815.jpg My guess is a bleed nipple but heaven knows how it got in there. Little banged up to be really certain and multiple fragments as it broke up on impact. It left some really nice gouges around the place. Car is mostly back together and runs smooth again - just need to finish tidying up tomorrow.
  25. Croc

    Pink Hummer

    or maybe the bumper sticker was: "I really am a different man behind the wheel" :jester:
×
×
  • Create New...