-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
Dave - your results are interesting. They confirm my preference for reducing buffetting: 1) Use the side screens/doors with top off. Minor buffetting and pretty comfortable on long highway drives. 2) Use a bikini top, clear polycarb winglets and a mesh screen between the two seats (a soft bits for sevens design). My winglets were a modified Westfield UK design although I plan to modify them further so they stick out further from the car. In their current guise, holding them out while driving demonstrates to me the buffetting point from the airflow moves back behind the driver and the reduction of buffetting is significant. With the winglet modifications, option 2) would be the most comfortable. Without the winglet mods, option 1 is more comfortable. I would be curious to see the pictures of your set up, particularly the winglet design to compare with the results of my experimentation.
-
Another vote here for Driving Impressions. They came highly recommended when I was looking for gear.
-
Rotisserie... Two Roti... Nothing to spit at.
Croc replied to Ruadhd2's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I dont think Mazda has a Rotus anymore....it went to Seventh Heaven...and was reincarnated into something more evil -
Just wondering. Is there a rotary powered 7 subgroup here?
Croc replied to Ruadhd2's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Sort of - Under the technical heading on the main forum board page there is a heading for "Bike Engined Sevens" Similar concept - they go round and round then boom! Now let me get this straight.....you are collecting sevens? :driving: -
Bster - send a PM to 11budlite. He will know the rules in CT better than most. I vaguely recall it as the only state where bumpers have to be fitted for inspection. I do want to see a pic of that when it happens! :rofl: Another source of information on state regs is the Factory Five Forum. The Cobra replica guys usually have some information on each state - they have more cars than us - they had the best information on NJ when I was trying to work out how to get through.
-
Been there done that! It is always amazing to me how my pin sharp handling car turns into a pig with understeer when I have two aboard and I forget to put more air in the rear tires :ack:
-
NY/NJ/PA Sevens came out to play today - June 19 2010
Croc replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I will claim that dubious prize. I was distracted by chatting with Bster and then I was branded. :ack: -
NY/NJ/PA Sevens came out to play today - June 19 2010
Croc replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Hi Al - It is good to see you back here. :seeya: I thought about your kind offer and I think looking after a website would be a step too far for me given everything I have going on. I think USA7s site works pretty well as a forum for all things seven and can cover regional matters too. Thanks for thinking of it though. -
NY/NJ/PA Sevens came out to play today - June 19 2010
Croc replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I was topped off at Exit 15 like everyone else. I got back home and I still had 3/5ths of a tank left. I guess you drive with a heavy foot! :jester: -
I figured there was a catch somewhere with this circuit - it looked like it was being shunned - and for a good reason it seems. I will check out prices and post them here later.
-
Has anyone been to the Old Bridge Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ? http://www.etownraceway.com/road_course.aspx The prices for getting on their road track look reasonable for a cheap track day. The track is short but it sounds interesting. Have not found a map of it yet but figured I would open this up for comments from others.
-
NY/NJ/PA Sevens came out to play today - June 19 2010
Croc replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
So it was off for a drive....well actually no....someone called Boxologist had flattened the battery. So we were treated to the entertaining sight of S1Steve push starting Jon. Even funnier was at the end of the lot the car was still not running and so it was pushed back up the hill to try again with some cat calling by those who could start their cars. Success on the second time around. I had no pics during the run as I was concentrating on the driving. I think Bster took some so hopefully he will post. Needless to say the roads were brilliant - great twisties. Just to prove to Steve that there is such a thing as karma, I was bedevilled by Roman's lack of brake lights. Keen members from last year will remember Steve was stuck behind me on this exact same run when my brake lights went out to lunch.... Roman demonstrated his skill in stalling his car on the wrong side of the road at an intersection. As I was behind, Bster (my shotgun passenger) and I were perturbed to see smoke coming from the tail pipe while the car was not running.... Both of us can attest that the car runs a little "rich" ...lots of pops, backfires, and flashes of flame from the dual exhaust but the sound from his car was absolute magic.... Back at Bruce's place we got the seven Seven's (nice ring to it ..eh?) into 1 photo: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3222_edited-1.jpg Keen readers will note the garage at top of pic - Bruce has great taste in cars and we all avidly checked them out! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3228_edited-1.jpg After lunch at the Ship Inn, the few that were left went for a group pic at Tinicum Park. Left to right - Tom, Bruce, Roman, Ron, myself, Jon. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3242_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/seven_panorama2.jpg Thanks to Bruce and everyone else for making a great day. We need to make this an annual event. -
NY/NJ/PA Sevens came out to play today - June 19 2010
Croc replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I must be getting old but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the owner of this nice BRG Seven. Someone will help me out here.... Note the rare luggage rack option on the back of the spare tire. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3220_edited-1.jpg Tom decided to risk getting the paint job dirty and flashed his engine for everyone. I love the carbon trumpets. Yummy. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3221_edited-1.jpg The closest 2 cars front to back are Steve's S1, Bill Thomas's anniverary edition. Steve could not join the drive but made the effort to come down and join in the fun at the beginning and drive part of the way with us. Bill came for the wave off as he had similar committments. I and others really appreciated their effort to attend the beginning. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3218_edited-1.jpg We had hoped to see Al but alas it was not to be. Al...come back all is forgiven!!! -
The NY/NJ/PA Sevens group converged on Milford NJ today for a run. Great turnout - the best I have heard of on the east coast since Tail of the Dragon a few years back. For those of you who do not know Milford NJ, it is sleepy little river town by the banks of the Delaware River. It is fortunately blessed with some brilliant driving roads with very little traffic. The Lotus Enthusiasts Organization (LEO) of NY/NJ use the area frequently and there are a ton of motor bikes. Enough chatting here are the pics. Tom (Yellowss7) is explaining to Bryce (Bster) the finer points of an Ultralite (EvilRomeo's): http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3215_edited-1.jpg Ron (Redgoose) is checking out Tom's very nice Superlight! I would not mind borrowing those wheels for my car! Steve (S1Steve) is doing a walk by at far right). http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3216_edited-1.jpg Here we have Jon's (Boxologist) green/yellow SV and Ron's (Redgoose) Vauxhall powered S3. If you will look carefully someone with a green/yellow SV has left his headlights on.....this will bring trouble later... http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3217_edited-1.jpg Front to back - Bruce's (Bowker) S3, Tom's (yellowss7) superlight, my SV, and Roman's (EvilRomeo) Ultralite http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Sevens%20Run%20June%202010/DSC_3219_edited-1.jpg
-
Yes the headlights are turned sideways. I used to do the same thing vintage racing - there was less drag than if they were in the full frontal position. When you have a lawnmower engine powering you, every little bit helps! Not sure about the taillights - they look correct but I cannot remember which parts bin they were stolen from originally.
-
Hi Leeper Now hopefully I do not reopen a can of worms here....but I found another post with good pics this morning on the WSCC site in the tech forum which probably validates the way forward that you describe above. It is a s2000 with type 9/quaife going into a Westfield with the regular bonnet (not the seight bonnet). http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=82482 I love the engineering that has gone into this, the dry sump looks particularly nice, however the ground clearance would be fatal for a car intended to be driven on the road. Having followed this thread with interest, I thought this would be a useful data point in the consideration. Cheers
-
I would suggest 9.30am at exit 15. It takes some time to get to Milford from there. When you come off I-78 at exit 15 at the traffic lights at the end of the ramp there is a gas station on the right hand side at the lights. I think it is a Shell but dont hold me to it. There is only 1 gas station and it is plainly visible - you really cannot miss it.
-
Updated Roll call of attendees: - Bruce - EvilRomeo - Boxologist - Croc (with Bster as a passenger) - Redgoose (Ron) Possible - yellowss7 - working on the parking issue here - Bruce did you see my PM Definitely not able to make it: - Proj217 - cannot make it - at a brewfest (lucky bastard!!!!) :cheers: - Stewart (new Seven in NJ) - out of town - Jack and Jen - at the red bull air races - should be a fun event! - S1Steve (although hoping to turn up to wave us off):seeya: Missing in Action - Al Navarro - Bill Thomas
-
Jon - I am not on the 7s list so cannot send it out. Bruce/Nancy, Arya/Mazda and Tom G are regulars here so should see this post chain. I do not know Ken G or the "other Tom" - you have any way of getting in touch with them?
-
Roll call of attendees: - Bruce - EvilRomeo - Boxologist - Croc - Bster (needs a ride) Messages sent out but awaiting response: - Ron (Vauxhall Seven) - Jack and Jen (yellow seven) Definitely not able to make it: - Proj217 - cannot make it - at a brewfest (lucky bastard!!!!) :hurray: - Stewart (new Seven in NJ) - out of town Missing in Action :seeya: - S1Steve - Al Navarro - Bill Thomas Any others I have missed?
-
I did not end up in Korea this week so I am a go for Saturday. Lets hope the weather holds - looks ok as of this morning's forecast. Bruce - what is your email address? I have the scanned route directions from the LEO Group run in May which was very good run around the Milford area. I wanted to give you ideas for your route planning this weekend.
-
Its ok I have a windscreen and if necessary side curtains or the perspex wings - you will not need a helmet. I drive ok - I have only ever hit one skunk although I have hit about 5 kangaroos in my driving career. Anyway it is Boxologist you have to watch for. He tries to maim his passengers with cones!
-
OUCH.......What is wrong with these PHOTOs
Croc replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
That is just so damn frustrating - good luck with the repeairs. I wonder how much the front diving under brakes reduced your clearance. A few times I have come across similar on NJ roads and I have time aim elsewhere. However, I know the front of my car dives under brakes and I am conscious of this when driving in case of bumps like this. -
If I dont get sent to Korea next week on business then count me in. No family events to distract me this time either. Bster - I think I have a passenger seat available for you. There will probably also be others to try ouy
-
OUCH.......What is wrong with these PHOTOs
Croc replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Good grief! Was that a speed hump or a pathtic display of a road patch filling in a pothole?
