Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. SK400 (Seb) in Red R400 with new aero screen, 13 inch wheels and matching red suit and gloves. Seb joined us on Sunday and was very quick out on track. I'm hoping my video came out well showing his great driving. I'll try to post when I get back from Vacation.
  2. Day two on the track has come to an end. Happy to report all cars made it thru the weekend unscathed. Lots of fun had by all. Heading Back to the track for the final dinner where the stories will continue to grow and become EPIC! Everyone had all the track time they could handle. And we already got the nod for us to come back again next year. Hopefully someone will get around to posting a picture or two. No rest for the Weary. Off to the Bar now!! :party:
  3. Sorry guys having too much fun and too tired. Just got back to the hotel and have to change for tonight's special BBQ dinner. :cheers: I'll TRY to post a few pics after I get back tonight if I don't fall asleep first. We miss Suave!!! Tom
  4. Well, The fun has begun. Croc and I spent the morning washing cars and faffing around his garage. S1 Steve rolled in about noon and BBall7756 made good time coming from St.Louis and after a few laughs, we headed over to the Lightning circuit and timed it perfectly, meeting Michael D, Scott L and Norm B. coming in the entrance. Then it was one after another. TBox56, made it in from west of Denver looking good. Kitcat, Roman, DaveD, Dave Hutchison and son, and then FE07, Paul M, and Fred with his BEC Locost. SABBOT and family joined in on the fun to. We Headed over for some spirited Karting, and Yes there was some Carnage. The new Karts were nice and the competition was fierce. The trophies this year were specially made for our event. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to post a picture or two. Dinner at the clubhouse pool deck was very relaxing and a great chance for everyone to socialize. Early start tomorrow. 7am tech and breakfast. 8 am drivers meeting and a group photo for the Se7ens on track at 8:30am. A few more cars and drivers are expected to arrive in the morning. We just added our 20th Driver with Len Clark in his SV Caterham joining us on Sunday. Smack talk is subdued right now, but just wait until tomorrow!:driving: Updated attendee list. Attendees: 1) Mike (Croc) Registered 2) Tom & wife (Yellowss7) Registered 3) Mike (Kitcat) Registered 4) Steve (S1Steve) Registered 5) Sebastien (SK400) (and wife) Registered 6) Stewart (Sabbot) Registered 7) Jim A. (FE07) Registered 8) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 9) Scott L. (951N914) Registered 10) Jeff (JBH) Registered 11) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 12) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 13) Fred (FMorser) Registered 14) Norm .B Registered 15) Paul M. Registered 16) Tom C.(Tbox56) Registered 17) Steve (BBall7754) Registered 18) Roman (RGTorque) Registered 19) Dave H. (and son) Registered 20) Len C ( NJMP member) Registered Spectating 1) Al Navarro plus2 with Lotus 7 2) Ottcycle 3) Rick Robey 4) 5 Celentano's 5) Paul (Wentd) spectating
  5. Seeing that valve laying on the piston gives me the chills. That sucks. Guess it could have been worse, but must have made quite a racket. Get it fixed. If not on track, big power is a waste on the street. IMO Good luck. Tom
  6. Just heard from another attendee. So We will be at 19 Drivers for Saturday now. One other attendee is Hoping to make Sunday and I should hear from him tomorrow to confirm. That would make 20 Drivers for the weekend. Plus several spectating. I'm assuming some like TBox, BBall and KitCat will be on the road now or early tomorrow for their Friday arrival. Drive Safely!!!! See you on Friday!! Tom Attendees: 1) Mike (Croc) Registered 2) Tom & wife (Yellowss7) Registered 3) Mike (Kitcat) Registered 4) Steve (S1Steve) Registered 5) Sebastien (SK400) (and wife) Registered 6) Stewart (Sabbot) Registered 7) Jim A. (FE07) Registered 8) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 9) Scott L. (951N914) Registered 10) Jeff (JBH) Registered 11) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 12) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 13) Fred (FMorser) Registered 14) Norm .B Registered 15) Paul M. Registered 16) Tom C.(Tbox56) Registered 17) Steve (BBall7754) Registered 18) Roman (RGTorque) Registered 19) Dave H. (and son) Registered 20) Len C ( NJMP member) Registered Spectating 1) Al Navarro plus2 with Lotus 7 2) Ottcycle 3) Rick Robey 4) 5 Celentano's 5) Paul (Wentd) spectating
  7. Mike, I take it that the car is almost ready??? When you get to the main gate, you will sign a waiver. Tech and Breakfast will begin at 8am and continue to 9am when the drivers meeting will begin. When you get there on Saturday morning, you will sign in with Carolyn Watson in the classroom, get your wristband and then go get your car teched. No forms required, they will put a sticker on your cage when complete. Bring your car and helmet or if we can convince them to come over and do all the sevens at once we will. Most of the Members do an annual tech, so we just need to have our logbooks stamped. So it does go quickly. Just remember that this tech is not a true mechanical certification of your car's track worthiness. You are responsible to make sure it is in top shape. It's your butt out there. So don't cut corners!!!
  8. Seb, Take care of Kelli. Family comes first. Do what you need to at home. This is an annual event that you can always get to next year. Sorry for your loss. Take Care. Tom
  9. Less than 5 days now till we get together once again. Can't wait. I left the Orange car at Croc's garage last week, Hopefully I'll get a chance to clean it up a bit on Friday before everyone starts to arrive. I just lowered the Yellow one down off the lift and switched over from the street Windscreen to the Brooklands. I still love the look of the Clams!:drool: My wife "asked" if I was putting a For Sale sign on it. Now why would anyone think 2 Caterhams is too many??? :ack: So if you see a For Sale sign on it, you'll know why. I know BBall77756 has his car polished to a brilliant shine because he just won 1st place at a local car show. So For those of you that are coming, get polishing. You don't want to be embarrassed by Steve's blindingly shiny Caterham. See you all soon. Tom
  10. I second Lucky Dawg's suggestion. Bruce has been very responsive to my requests. Tom
  11. What in the 'devil' is all this 'brake early' nonsense? :devil: . . . . I didn't think you braked at all! :jester: Hi Shane, we were on the Thunderbolt track yesterday. There is a turn complex that is called the Jersey Devil, in reference to a mythical creature that inhabits the Jersey Pine Barren Region. It's a nice complex of turns that are well suited to our cars catching the straight line speed guys. Even you would have to brake hard :jester: Tom
  12. Don't even think about a long range forecast. I was at the track yesterday and all week the forecast was 100% rain. then it changed to 50% then 80%. Then 100%. Guess what. It didn't rain at all yesterday. Sun came out track was dry, except for two little nasty patches at the end of the front straight and in the Devil turn. So you just braked earlier, and slowed down before the one in the Devil and there was no issue. Think Positive!!! One week to go!!!!
  13. Al, it will be good to see you again.
  14. We are now just over a week out from the 5th Annual 7's gathering at NJMP. Number 18 just registered (Roman) and I still think we have a chance at 20 after a couple phone conversations last night. So as of now we have: 12 Caterhams, 2, Superformance S1's, 1 Birkin, 1 Stalker, 1WCM Ultralight, and 1 BEC Locost. That's a pretty nice showing so far and I'm still hoping we add another Birkin and Caterham to the totals. Tom Attendees: 1) Mike (Croc) Registered 2) Tom & wife (Yellowss7) Registered 3) Mike (Kitcat) Registered 4) Steve (S1Steve) Registered 5) Sebastien (SK400) (and wife) Registered 6) Stewart (Sabbot) Registered 7) Jim A. (FE07) Registered 8) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 9) Scott L. (951N914) Registered 10) Jeff (JBH) Registered 11) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 12) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 13) Fred (FMorser) Registered 14) Norm .B Registered 15) Paul M. Registered 16) Tom C. Registered 17) Steve (BBall7754) Registered 18) Roman (RGTorque) Registered On the Fence 19) Paul A. 20) Dave H. (and son) 21) Paul (Wentd) spectating 22) Len C ( NJMP member) Spectating 1) Al Navarro plus2 with Lotus 7
  15. Glad you're coming out again Roman. I have a set reserved for you and still have more if anyone else needs them. Tom
  16. I have several sets on hand as well for anyone else that may need them. And I know where they are.:svengo:
  17. Gotta see if I can fit a LS6 in the SV to do what you call a fast lap. You were 6 seconds faster than my fastest lap. Crazy just Crazy. Tom
  18. Shane, is that a 7 you are building or a battleship? that's a lot of heavy iron. You might need to up the power level on the Phoenix.:rofl: Hope you are getting better. We'll be thinking of you at the gathering. Tom:seeya:
  19. Matt, sent you a PM with the link. Tom
  20. Less than two weeks to go now. We are at 17 drivers registered. We still have a shot at 20 if those on the fence get off it.:toetap05: We will have a great time either way. Admission to Croc's garageMahal alone will be worth the price of attending. Looks like right now we have all caterham variants, a stalker, a couple Superformance S1's, a Birkin and if someone gets off the fence, a WCM ultralight. :seeya: So anyone in the area that is looking to buy a Seven should think about stopping by to check them out and see how they fit. Looking forward to seeing old and new faces. Pack your bathing suits for the pool!!! Tom 1) Mike (Croc) Registered 2) Tom (Yellowss7) Registered 3) Mike (Kitcat) Registered 4) Steve (S1Steve) Registered 5) Sebastien (SK400) (and wife) Registered 6) Stewart (Sabbot) Registered 7) Jim A. (FE07) Registered 8) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 9) Scott L. (951N914) Registered 10) Jeff (JBH) Registered 11) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 12) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 13) Fred (FMorser) Registered 14) Norm .B Registered 15) Paul M. Registered 16) Tom C. Registered 17) Steve (BBall7754) Registered On the Fence 18) Roman (RGTorque) 19) Paul A. 20) Dave H. (and wife) 21) Paul (Wentd) spectating 22) Len C ( NJMP member)
  21. When I autoxed in the Summer, While sitting in grid waiting, if I sat too long, my car would start to require more and more throttle to keep the car from stalling, then if I didn't get to the line quickly, no amount of revs would keep it running. It would cut out and require the bonnet and air filter to be removed and cool off for a a few minutes it would be fine. It felt to me like the heat soak from the hot tarmac would cause an air compensation issue with the fueling. I never had a problem any other time on the street or track, just sitting idling for long periods in really hot weather. I think a bonnet cut out for the air filter would have solved the issue. And my car is on Fuel Injected TB's. Tom
  22. Congratulations neighbor! I'm in Media. You should come to the trackday at NJMP on July 4th and 5th to see what these cars are like on track. Roman will probably be there with his WCM ultralight which looks a lot like yours. Tom
  23. I'm going to hazard a guess that the Master and slave cylinders are the same for the 5 and 6 speeds. Now get er done!!! :willy_nilly: Tom
  24. Welcome aboard Tom.:seeya: And what little goodie are you bringing along? :driving: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...