Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. My Yellow 2000 Superlight with the Rover K series and MB magnesium wheels, came in at 1162 lbs when I had it corner weighted. Now with the full cage, probably a bit more. I don't know what my Orange Sumo Version weighs. But with all the carbon that the prior owner put on it, it might be a negative number. :smilielol5:
  2. Croc's Australian accent is pretty bad too. :leaving:
  3. Skip, do you have a butt extractor for that one or do you just stand up and take if off?:jester: Tom
  4. Nice driving, but I'd hate to have to walk that course a couple times prior to running. Tom
  5. Did use the airlift originally when I first took out the thermostat, but when I replaced the thermostat, the water pump and the radiator I have not. I have put the car on a slope or winched it up backwards on my trailer ramp and let it idle with the cap off, and revved it occasionally for several days in a row until all bubbles stopped coming out of the small 1/4 inch hoses into the expansion tank. Pretty confident that that has been a complete bleed of the system. The fact that the car will now idle for over an hour and hold steady at 195F with no pressure build up is a big plus now. Originally, it wouldn't last long idling and would hit 220F before I'd shut it down.
  6. Correct Jim. I've had the oil checked, done at least 15 exhaust gas tests. Spent a good bit on replacing all of the cooling system parts and Although the coolant temp issue is now good, I still have it puking coolant and pressurizing when at track RPMs. Head gasket or an electric water pump are the only things left that I can think of.
  7. Just waiting for a point by from you. :driving::smash:
  8. Have had the leakdown test and done and no bubbles in the coolant tank. Just got back from the mechanics and next suggestion is to do a session on track holding the rpms to 5000 or less to rule out the water pump cavitation. So I'll try that next I guess.
  9. This is a Cosworth built motor, and does have the cosworth larger pulley on the water pump. I know SBD in the UK only use an electric water pump, but I have not got to that yet. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks Tom
  10. Jim, I've run it 3/4 full, 1/2 full, at the Max Fill line, at the MIN fill line, Below the Min fill line. Pukes when at Max or above, but still builds pressure and gets the bubbles when run hard on track. I've checked all the clamps, hoses and as I said, replaced every cooling system component. Coolant temp is fine on track now, but the air/gas displacing the coolant can't be good. If you have'nt already tried that, I'd certainly do it before I'd pull the head. Jim A.
  11. Shane, I started with a 16 psi, moved up to a 20 psi and now have a 29 psi cap on.
  12. I've been chasing a coolant pressurization issue for about a year now on Orange. It only occurs after running hard on track. I've had it idle for over an hour at 195F and there was no pressurization of the coolant system using EVANS coolant. However, on track, while the coolant temp stays steady at 195-200F during a 25 minute session, I've had the coolant puke or burp from the expansion tank, and I then see a significant stream of air/gas bubbles rising up from the bottom hose on the expansion tank into the tank. I've done at least 15 exhaust gas tests, for exhaust gas in the coolant, all negative. Car runs great, but obviously something is not right. I've replaced the radiator, water pump, idler belt tensioner, thermostat, moved the expansion tank up to the highest point possible, installed a few one way valves on the small bleed lines, installed a bleed line from the radiator to the expansion tank, and switched to Evans coolant, which has a 365F boiling temp. And Still I'm getting pressure/bubbles in the cooling system after running on track. So even though the exhaust gas tests are negative, I'm at the point that I'm going to pull the head to see what's going on there. My question is, "Can the head be pulled with the motor in place, or is it an engine out job"? It is an SV with the dry sump tank infront of the timing cover. Tom
  13. Either he's got a little toe out on that left side or he's set up for an oval track race. :rofl::seeya::seeya:
  14. Lotus Bike? And I see Norm Beaver's Caterham with the wings on the front and back in the 5th picture. Tom
  15. Yeah, Yeah, Eze is great Blah Blah Blah. :jester: No way you can speak French with that Accent of yours. :svengo:
  16. Croc, is probably still out in some French vineyard trying to get the purple stains off his feet. :smilielol5:
  17. Yeah, but will you let us park right next to your Elan? :troll: :seeya: Tom
  18. must be that Rocky mountain HIGH, that has them all chilled out. :leaving: We'll see how friendly they are when they come back east next year. Tom
  19. And just for Clarification, the Duratec is Ford engine, not GM. :cheers:
  20. Just stick it on with Double sided tape. Don't drill any holes in that pretty shiny aluminum. Tom
  21. Glad to see that you are progressing Shane!!! Baby steps, don't go running off in an LS6 monster just yet. Tom
  22. :iagree: What ever suits the fruitloop agenda.:troll: Tom
  23. Is it possible that your handbrake cables are rubbing on the axles?
  24. Nice video, but I'm going to guess that Bruce and Mark were sandbagging a bit, hoping not to walk away from the field to get invited back.:blush::blush::blush: Just a bit curious that the heavier BMW would catch up in the braking zones, and after pulling away, somehow the BMW just happens to close up the gap. R500's don't get caught very easily, Nice Job Bruce! Tom
×
×
  • Create New...