-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Now that is funny. Croc giving advice on healing. :rofl: How's that advice working out with the foot?:smash:
-
Shane, I can't wait to hear Suave's version of the incident. :driving: Rest up and follow the doctor's orders. If you think you are in pain now, just wait until you are healed up and Robin can really set you straight. Tom
-
Glad to hear that he is recovering. I think pulling off at least 4 of his spark plug wires will slow him down just enough in the future. And make him take those silly wings off the car. What does he think he is, a pilot or something! :jester: Hope the recovery is a quick one. Take care. Tom
-
seven wanted to autocross. prefer s2K motor and IRS.
yellowss7 replied to t walgamuth's topic in Cars For Sale
WOW!!! If I remember correctly, that car is a multi National SCCA Championship winning car. You certainly are going to be a player in the DMod scene if you can drive a little. :jester: Best of Luck with it and the autoxing. Tom -
Mike, they are Hoosiers. The 25B compound is what I've been using. tom
-
This will be the 5th year gathering of a group of Se7ens at NJMP for a weekend of trackdays and good fun. Last year we had a great turnout, with 18-20 cars, including, Caterham S3's and SVs, Storkers, Superformance S1s, and a WCM Ultralight. This year we may even have a couple of Birkins join us if they get their act together.:jester: So if you own a Se7en and want to get on track, or just want to hang out with other Se7en owners/Nuts, or are thinking of buying or building a Se7en, then this is a great opportunity to compare cars and sit in them to see how you fit. If you bring a helmet, you may even get an opportunity to ride along on the track. Tom
-
Taber, I ordered the Wide track front suspension on my S3 with the clams and was apparently the first to do so. No issues and some of the BlatChat guys like Angus have followed suit. James, I believe that Caterham still stock replacement Clams, so if you are thinking of ordering a car, just ask them. Again, I believe that it has just been a lack of orders for Clams that has caused them to stop listing them. I'm sure they still remember how to attach them. :rofl: Go for it. Tom
-
I ordered my Yellow Caterham in December of 1999. When it was delivered in late August of 2000, I was told it was one of only 2 ordered with Clams that year to date. Clams get a bad rep for lift, which I personally think is overrated. I've had mine yellow car up to 125mph and I never felt like it felt light up front. The big plus with the Clams is that I can fit the 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks with no problem. :driving: Tom
-
This will be the 5th annual East Coast Seven's gathering at NJMP. As in previous years, expressing interest in attending allows us to do some preplanning and gives us an estimate of the potential attendance. No financial commitment is needed at this time. So if you think you maybe able to join us, either on track or as a spectator let us know. Potential attendees to date: 1) Croc 2) Yellowss7 3) BBall7754 4) Kitcat 5) S1Steve 6) SK400 7) Sabbot 8) Wemdt 9) RGTorque 10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating) 11) FE07 12) Dave D (and Bev) 13) 951N914 (Scott L) 14) JBH
-
Will Do Dave, Glad you are going to join in on the fun again. What new tricks do you have in store for this year? You really stepped up your game last year. :seeya: Tom
-
Sounds like you are going to be playing with the big boys this year Stewart. :seeya: Tom
-
Two newly race tracks beside Limerock
yellowss7 replied to BusaNostra's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Our 7's gathering track day is the perfect place to get a taste of what our cars can do on a nice track, with the benefit of running with just other 7's so there is no issue with bigger cars on track at the same time. Add in a little good natured ball busting and you have a really fun event. So as Jim says, take it to the track! Tom -
Two newly race tracks beside Limerock
yellowss7 replied to BusaNostra's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Yeah, Croc, can you provide us with a list of the metal and hardware in your body? :seeya: There is a certain level of crazy you can get away with, but once you cross that line you are just a contestant in the Darwin awards program. :rofl: i.e, "hey bubba, watch this." :driving: Tom -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Hopefully he's doing something more productive, like working on the video from LAST year's 7s gathering. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I think Shane may have shamed him into it with his last posting. tom -
Two newly race tracks beside Limerock
yellowss7 replied to BusaNostra's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I know that the track was still under construction in the video, but rock walls on the turn exits??? and not much runoff. Sorry but that doesn't look too forgiving for high speed driving let alone racing. IMO. Tom -
This will be the 5th annual East Coast Seven's gathering at NJMP. As in previous years, expressing interest in attending allows us to do some preplanning and gives us an estimate of the potential attendance. No financial commitment is needed at this time. So if you think you maybe able to join us, either on track or as a spectator let us know. Potential attendees to date: 1) Croc 2) Yellowss7 3) BBall7754 4) Kitcat 5) S1Steve 6) SK400 7) Sabbot 8) Wemdt 9) RGTorque 10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating) 11) FE07
-
Tom, don't knock it until you try it. :drool: Doing 100++ mph down hill into an almost 90 degree left hander and trying to get from 6th to 4th without locking it up is a heck of a lot safer and when you just have to pull your finger back twice and then get back on the gas. :driving: Ask Kitcat how he likes finding 4th on his six speed during that little maneuver. :banghead: I don't pretend to be a ballsy driver like Kitcat or Croc, I'm just out there having fun at 7 tenths. I like shifting the six speed, and was getting decent at heel and toeing, but the sequential seems to be ok for the F1 guys and they are driving gods.
-
I have my yellow car with the Caterham 6 speed and the Orange car with the Sadev 6 speed sequential and the geartronix paddle shifter. I can say that the Caterham 6 speed is equally at home on the street or the track. Easy to shift, clutch firm but communicative, very good all around. IMO The Sadev in the other car, seems to be ALOT noisier, very quick on track, and with the flat up shift and Blipping on the down shift, it makes you feel like a driving god on the track. This car is set up with an extremely lightweight flywheel and a race clutch, which makes starting out a chore. The fact that you have to shift all the way up or down before getting to Neutral makes it a little less Street friendly IMO. I tend to think of this car more a track weapon than a street car. Now that may just be how the clutch and throttle are set up, but It is noisy, and harsh. Like I said, on track it is like butter if you just think about lifting on the upshift and the down shifts no longer require heel and toeing. Tom
-
Stewart, just don't go putting on a big Turbo a week before the gathering. :jester: Hope to see you out there with that beautiful blue car and BDA. Tom
-
I said "handicap him" not "MAIM" him. :rofl: But that will still work. :seeya:
-
Seb, great to hear you will be joining us again. But we are definitely going to have to handicap you for the Karting event. Not only do you have a significant weight advantage, I seem to recall that you were a former Canadian Karting champion. Isn't that correct? :willy_nilly: Tom
-
10 inch wheels are the way to go. Ditch those skinny little ones and come on over to the dark side. :jester: Tom
-
Any chance you have adjustable spring perches? That allows you to raise or lower the height and also corner weight the car properly.
-
Yes.:jester:
