-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Great News. Take care of those ribs and get well. :seeya: Hope to see you back on the track soon. tom
-
It's usually in the sign in packet. They sometimes have the NJMP crew do tech. Tom
-
Just sent an email to Ian Prout at SCDA. We'll see if he can sort it out for us. Tom
-
Just checked my confirmation, I'm in intermediate 1. Karl, Give Ian Prout a call or email to get yours aligned with ours. Make sure we are all together. Tom
-
Stay on them Karl. :hurray: No need for lights, passenger seat etc. Just extra weight and time. How's the new cage look? Have you tried getting in and out yet? Tom
-
Well, we'll have just about the same number of Sevens in attendance and I have a tent, you have the grill, Steve's bringing the special brew. And they don't have Croc and Kitcat to provide the entertainment. So They've got nothing on us. :leaving::driving: One week to go. Still time to sign up Stig!:seeya: Tom
-
SA2010 helmet - any recommendations?
yellowss7 replied to The Stig's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Martin, the SCDA website looks like they still allow SA2000 helmets. Although I know that the NJMP tech guys are looking for 2005 or newer. Bell do some nice ones in your price range. Tom -
Mike, et.al. I will put the ez up out along with my well recevied Salsa and chips, Some Cheese and Salami, and a case of beer. Feel free to add to the spread. I figure we will sit around and check out each others cars. I hear that Croc has added more carbon. Rumor has it that he's added so much carbon that it now weighs only 350 pounds.:bs: Bring a folding chair if you have room. Once everyone gets in, we can head to dinner. I'll check and see if the Finish line pub on site is open and make reservations if it is. If not we can head out and do dinner in town. Still room for any other local seveners to join in. Tom
-
A friend of mine is building a Jag XJ13 that is powered by lithium Ion batteries that are charged onboard by a Hydrogen fuel cell. Unfortunately, instead of a nice throaty v12 it's totally silent. :svengo: Pretty car though. http://www.z-type.net/home.html Tom
-
Yes Karl, Croc and I are both doing the member days on Saturday and Sunday. I think I'm arriving on Friday night. We'll be on the track opposite you but I'm sure we willl stop over to see you. Looks like we will be partying in the paddock for a few more nights this time. I'll make a bigger batch of salsa. I think Jack is coming in on Saturday to ride with Croc. And Michael D will be there on Sunday I think. When are Steve an Kitcat arriving? Guys? Chime in. Tom
-
:hurray::hurray::hurray: Excellent news Karl! Your guys will soon be able to become an official Caterham Dealer, having put your car together a couple of times. My new slicks are in and I'm going to take my wheels over today to have them mounted. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :party: Tom
-
Yellow is the best color! :cheers: Your head appears to be above the rollbar. You may want to consider lowering the seats/floor or a taller bar just to be safe. Tom
-
The more the merrier. Send them a few pics from last year to whet their appetite. Heck with a lttle luck we could get to 15 on track.:driving: That would be a sight. See you soon mike.
-
Michael, I burned a few discs and will give you one when we get together. It is posted on my cousins site, but is a large file and takes a while to load. http://gallery.me.com/jjones17#100282
-
Here is a video by Glenn Schostak at NJMP on Sunday. Glen drives an Exige, but I think he can be converted to the 7 fold. [/url]
-
Three weeks to go before this event. 8 caterhams and a Fisher Fury, are registered for the track days and hopefully 2 to 4 more 7's will attend and participate in the paddock pictures and dinner. Still hoping to end up with 10 or more on track as we are still holding out hope on 2 or 3 more Caterham owners.:seeya: Get those work issues resolved and sign up. Any others in the area that have a 7 or want to see what they are about, this is the place to be on Monday and Tuesday June 26 and 27. Tom
-
I just got home after a great day at NJMP. Perfect weather, Just 15 cars on the Lightning track for the members day due to a bunch of members competing in the SCCA event on the Thunderbolt. The best part of the day was that Dyson Racing, the exclusive US distrbutor of the new Caterham SP300R showed up and were giving demo rides. Unfortunately we were not allowed to drive as this is the only one in the states at the moment and I don't think there are any spare body parts here yet either, so I don't think they wanted us amatuers at the wheel incase we dinged it. :ack: I got the first ride and all I can say is that my car now feels like my old spitfire, Underpowered and sloppy handling. Of course it helped to have a professional driver at the wheel, but the aero downforce effect is amazing. He just kept accelerating into each turn and it felt like the formula 1 cars look when they are on track, just like it was on rails. No roll, no drama, just speed. Going back tomorrow for the 2nd day, and my car is in the garage at the track, parked right next to the SP300. Hopefully they will get it on tonight and just maybe my car will learn some aero and power tricks. :devil: Oh, I was on track with it for a session, He was chasing down a Radical S3. I just gave them point bys and they were gone. No chance to stay with them. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some video of us together on track, sort of like those old vintage flybys of the B17 and the F22. :cheers: Tom
-
Karl, would you like me to post a question for you on Blatchat? I'm sure you would get a lot of good reasoned responses that you could show your mechanic. Tom
-
Blatchat is the place for great tech tips for Caterhams. Heck, when I was assembling my car, I had guys taking pictures and emailing them to me so that I could visualize what they were describing. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge there and a good searchable archive. Tom
-
Michael, try something like this. http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=1508&xparam=pickup-truck-rental Just check to see if they have tow hitches. I think I checked this out once, before I bought my F150. here is another one. https://www.hertzequip.com/herc/rental-equipment/trucks-&-trailers+pickup-trucks+3.4-ton Tom
-
http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=210729 Karll, here's a thread on running without the front ARB. Tom
-
Do a search on Blatchat or post a query and I'm sure they will answer promptly. Either that or someone will have one and ship it. Tom
-
Karl, if you don't get one in time, don't sweat it as some of the guys in the UK run without them, front or rear. Tom
-
Great Stuart! That now makes 9 of us on track, 8 Caterhams and a Fisher Fury. Plus possibly several more in the paddock. Still waiting to hear from a few more. Michael D. since you're going to be there Sunday, you might as well stay.:seeya: Come on, you know the fun buzzing those vettes and the partying afterward is worth it. I'm sure your wife will let you do it. It's only once a year. :driving: Still holding out hope for The Stig, Jvbtte, and Racerlrp. Michael, can you ping Scott L? Tom
-
:smilielol5::rofl::smilielol5: YOU Michael are a funny guy. :cheers: Tom
