-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Those McIntosh amps and preamps were waaay too expensive for me as a 20 year old. Even now, go on to ebay and look at the prices of those old beasts. Karl you were way ahead of your time if you had that as part of your system in your youth.:flag:
-
How old is Jagger now? Charlie Watts has to be in his Mid 70s right? No 15 minute drum solos from him. :smilielol5: I can just see the groupies now. The young ones are probably in their mid 50's. :puke:
-
You're welcome you Carbon Tart! :jester: It's only Money. You can't take it with you, so you might as well spend it and enjoy it! Think of it as an early Christmas present to yourself. Tom
-
I have a closet that my wife calls old junk, I call it "The Museum" :cooldude: I have my old Teac reel to reel, Dual TurnTable, Big Sony receiver with dual power meters, Cassete tape deck, and some vintage JBL speakers. I've tried to set them up a few times but she always finds them and threatens to put them on ebay. Each pieces is nice and heavy so I doubt that she could lift them. :jester: I think the speakers weight close to 60 lbs each. Ah, the good ole stuff. Tom
-
Just got home from the Who Concert in Philly. Saw them do Quadrephinia in 96 or 97with Billy Idol and Gary Glitter playing parts. This version integrated old concert video of Moon and Entwhistle playing and singing(Bell Boy) for a couple songs. Very well done. Daltry still looks good, (wish I had his abs) but his voice has lost its power. Townsend actually sounded very good. They did an amazing version of 5:15. Not bad for a bunch of old guys. They played for almost 2 1/2 hours, but other than introducing band members, no other dialogue with the audience. I'm glad I brought my earplugs, they can still blast it out. Tom The Who - Baba O'Riley (Philly) 12-8-12 - YouTube
-
Here you go Mike, this will definately lighten up your FB and wallet. :jester: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/you-asked-we-listened-chimeras-newest-offering-108643/
-
Ok, as long as we don't have to hang with the snobby Loti folk. DeanG excepted.:flag: Tom
-
Oh goodie, we can be shunned again!:boxing::toetap05:
-
Glen, you forgot that Mike's car is the "Sumo Version" or "Fat Bastard" as we affectionately call him, I mean it. :smilielol5:So it is much much heavier than a svelt S3 superlight. I'm suprised that it doesn't just crush those concrete curbs when he goes over them Tom
-
Caterham related video's by Global 4 Images
yellowss7 replied to Certified Lotus's topic in Seven Videos
Glen, it's only a matter of time and a little money before you join our little club and buy a 7. Come on, you know you want to. Just think of how fast you'll be. :cheers: Tom -
I've watched one of my sessions and I do have some good shots of you, Mike and Karl, I don't have much of Mary. Unfortunately, I won't get to editing before Monday. Tom
-
Karl, that car is just sick! I'm reving the nuts off mine and yours is just loafing, and the shifts are so quick there is no loss of acceleration. It is surprising that you guys didn't lap us. Must have been slower traffic that held you up, like that Mustang. Tom
-
I met with the flood ins. adjustor yesterday morning. Not much covered other than the AC and heater. No coverage on the water damage, drywall, furniture, debris removal etc. Claims that there is no coverage on "ground level" damage. We are trying to argue that the house is above flood plain level. But it's like pissing up a rope. All in all, it looks like about 50 to 60k in repairs. Just going to have to raise my rental prices. :nopity: Could have be alot worse. Big issue IMO is that the high tide is now just 10 yards from my yard which is only about 5 yards from the house, with no dunes inbetween. Next full moon tide and or storm could be ugly. Tom
-
Karl, he must have been getting close because after the first lap when I tried to keep ahead of him, figuring he was just learning the car, you guys blew by me so fast and put so much distance on me down the back straight that I was sure you guys would have lapped me at least twice during the 25 minute session. You must have told him to back off a bit. :jester: Big discusion going on over on Blatchat about your Sadev/paddleshift set up. Seems to be the "in" thing in the UK now. Happy Thanksgiving Tom
-
This past weekend was the last of the member days at NJMP and Croc, JBH, and I hosted Kitcat and Blubarisax for two days on the Thunderbolt track. As in the past, we had a blast. Karl, (blubarisax) showcased his new Paddleshift set up, Mike M. (KitcaT), brought his new race prepped Caterham, and Jeff, (JBH) in addition to his SuperlightR brought his new Spec Boxter. Weather was a bit chilly, 30F in the morning for the first session each day and and the combination of cold track, cold tires, "I'm cold, I forgot to button my coat" excuses led to a few gardening and landscapiing forays.:jester: The temps came up to the mid 50s by midday and the fun on track contiued. I think a few of us had cameras mounted so I'm sure we will share some of the track footage once we unpack. A few bottles of wine, some nice Scotch, a year end party and 5 Caterhams on track made for a very festive weekend. We were already talking about the 3rd annual 7's gathering at NJMP in the spring. We are hoping the turnout will continue to grow. Box, Stig,Mazda and Al, get working on your courage and or cars. :party: Tom
-
That's pretty funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
-
Martin, he is Clearly adjusting the rake. :flag:
-
Ok, I'm registered for Sat. I Can stay for Sunday if you show up. Tom
-
Survived the 2pm high tide. Next one is at 2am. I'm heading down again tomorrow. Thx. Tom
-
Hi Jeff sorry to hear that. Are you planning on doing NJMP on Sat or Sunday? Tom
-
We kicked their ass with a bunch of Farmers when they were at the top of their game. They are still a bunch of little pansies. :boxing: Tom
-
Interesting design. Weird thing is that in Ocean City NJ., they have pretty restricitve height limits on new construction. Some of the older homes are built on pilings with just parking spaces underneath, but I haven't seen any new stuff built like that.
-
I really hate sand!!!:rant: Just spent another day Shoveling. Upstairs Neighbor showed up with His son and several friends and a Power shovel and a front end loader.:hurray: They took down the fence around the yard and bulldozed the sand into the street. Hard to believe that all that sand is just about gone. Hard stuff to get at is the stuff packed in all the remaining bushes. That is going be someone (younger) elses job. Drywall will get cut out tomorrow hopefully, it's starting to smell a bit. Elevator works but needs new inside sliding doors. The city has been clearing the sand from the streets. The streets reminded me of the scenes from the Movie HurtLocker with all the sand.:ack: They also started screening/cleaning all that sand and are now dumping it back onto the beach, sort of rebuilding dunes or at least putting a little barrier up temporarily. Believe it or not, some people are already complaining that it's now blocking their veiw. :boxing: Me, I'll feel beter when they put alot more sand out there. Like I said, could have been alot worse. Amazing thing is that other than hauling the sand in the streets away, the cleanup is being done by the homeowners or contractors that they brought in. There were alot of people from the local churchs, offering to help, Providing hot soup, coffee or water to those of us working. The clean up is progresing alot faster than I would have thought possible. Obviously we weren't hit as hard as LBI and some other towns were. I'll post a few recent photos, that will show the progress. Here is one more shot pre cleanup that shows the amount of sand around the houses. The one basically in the center top of the frame is ours. You can see how close the surf is now. Too close for comfort IMO. Tom
-
Here are a few pictures, First one is the view pre Sandy. The second one shows the current view taken from the yard, the third one shows the sand up to the house. The dunes are now in my yard and neighbors house. Hope they start putting the sand back on the beach soon. Tom
-
Bill, Hope you got lucky. In OC, Nj. there are houses two blocks away that didn't even have sand on their front lawns, 2 inch water mark on their first step. Just depends I guess. I did what I can, now it's up to stronger and younger backs, and power tools. Still waiting to hear from the insurance adjuster. I imagine they are pretty busy right now. Croc, Thx, Box, I'm sure mayor Gloomberg's main priority is to get things going in NYC. If it wasn't for the Marathon, I'm sure you'd be next in line. :puke: :jester:Tom
