Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Coming along nicely Mazda. :hurray: Looks like your head is pretty close to the height of your roll bar. With a helmet on, you may be a little above it. Might want to measure that just to be sure, if you plan on doing any track events. Tom
  2. My 7 is also undergoing some refreshing. Waiting for a new starter to arrive and fabrication of a new altenator support bracket, New hoses, Cambelt change, new sperical bushes, and a few other minor tweeks in order to get it in top shape for the upcoming trackday season. Enjoy your Blat! Tom
  3. :hurray:Sounds like a great trip. We want Pictures! Just don't tell them that you're an O supporter. :puke: Tom:jester:
  4. Karl, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought you'd went and dropped another 300+ Cosworth engine in and made yours a twin engined beast like they once did with the Tiger over in the UK. [/url] You would have given Croc fits trying to compete in the arms race.:smilielol5: Tom
  5. I knew it. Stinkin liberal Commie.:jester: :seeya: Hi Mike. Looking forward to more spiritied discussion in June. Could be really fun with a bigger group this year. Dinner should be a hoot. Tom
  6. We just returned from a cruise on Saturday. The women all had a good laugh at that pic. They want to know if they come in a closed toe too.:jester: Tom
  7. Ditto, I'll take a ride over too. Tom
  8. Karl, I believe this is the event that a buddy of mine took to get his scca racing licence. I watched and it was really wheel to wheel racing practice. Have fun:willy_nilly: Tom
  9. Welcome, "Superlights originally were cars that were speced to a certain level performance, and each "option was listed as additional "weight" If I remember correctly, paint was about a 5 pound option (weight not price) The goal was to get to the 300/400/500 horsepower per ton. Orginally it there was the Superlight, the Superlight R and then the R500. The Superlight had 136 hp, the Superlight R had 190, and the R500 had 242 hp. The newer R300, R400 and R500 have significantly upped that as the R500 now has 263 hp. I don't think the superlights are less streetable than the Roadsports. They typically just have less "options as standard. I.E. Weather equipment, heaters etc. As for the R500 vs the CSR, I'm sure Croc will be along shortly to give you his opinion, as he has a CSR. Your other decision will be Series 3 or SV. It is a matter of fit and comfort more so than performance. Hopefully you will come out to NJMP in June to watch or join in the fun. If you haven't made your choice by then, there will be plenty of models to view. Tom
  10. Mike, at our little get together, there is no competition. Karl wins. Period. Even thought his trailer is the smallest. It's not the size that counts. :jester: IMHO Tom
  11. Ron, I spoke with my mechanic today and he has a 24 ft. Pace trailer for sale. It also has airconditioning. It may be a little more trailer than you need, but you can always fill it with extra tires, etc. It has New tires and brakes. Good overall condition. I think he paid over 9K for it. He is asking $5K for it. He wants to get a larger one for his racing BMW, and all the parts and tools he brings to the 12 hour enduro races he does. Let me know if your interested in it and I'll put you in touch with him. Tom
  12. The guys over their are extremely knowledgable on all things Caterham related. When I was assembling my car, which has the Rover K series motor common over there, they were amazingly helpful in guiding me through the build process. As a not very mechanically gifted hacker, I couldn't have done it without them. To this day I still check in with them just for the breath of information. If you have a question, you can usually find the answer in the Search area, the FAQ area or just post your question and you'll get someone who can walk you thru the solution. Tom
  13. I've been a member since 2001 and obviously have no issues with logging on and posting. Sam (samantha) Pierce is the membership secretary. Email her directly or call her. She has been very helpful in my dealings with her. I believe Barry Sweeney is the Website/server guru. He has also been known to help with issues. If Sam doesn't respond for some reason, let me know and I'll post up your issue. Tom
  14. Mazda, any chance that one is the clutch Master cylinder? Tom
  15. Just heard from another Seven owner out in State College Pa. Jim, has a Caterham SV and he has convinced the wife that this is a MUST Do event. He will be joining in on the trackday fun in June. :hurray: We still haven't heard from all the potential Sevens drivers in the area yet. We have 15 sevens expressing interest in attending and at this point, 13 are drivers. I honestly think we have a shot at close to 20 sevens. Come on guys Step up! Tom
  16. Karl, tell him to bring it out. It's been autoxed in the rain before. It's not a virgin by any means. Tom
  17. Great Robert, Yellow 7's are the fastest of all and the best looking too. Stay tuned as we will try to coordinate rooms and other details as the date gets closer. Tom
  18. Sounds like you need a road trip. Come on up for the Sevens at NJMP outing in June. So far guys from St.Louis, Cincy, North Jersey, NY, Pa and Maryland are planning on attending. The more the merrier!:party: You certainly would get the opportunity to compare your car to some of the Big Dog Caterhams (Croc,Karl,Ron) Those guys have big hp cosworth Duratecs, then there are the rest of us. The driving is only half the fun. Tom
  19. Great news Ron. Have you called Don F. yet? I drove by the house that had the trailer for sale but it was gone. Sorry. Tom
  20. Ron, there was a nice looking trailer for sale not far from me a couple of weeks ago. I'll drive by and see if it's still there. Looked like a snowmobile trailer as it had a front door that had a ramp out. Looked really nice, If it's still available, I'll get more info for you. (does this mean you may join Croc and I as regulars? :jester:) Tom
  21. Crewst, your S1 roll hoops are ok by SCDA standards as long as you head is below them. I checked with Ian last year and he ok'd it for track use. Tom
  22. Ski, you should note whether your car is a live axle or a de Deion as I believe it makes a difference. Tom
  23. Steve, hope you can join us. However, I disagree with Croc, I think TBolt is the track where you can get blown away by the big HP cars down the front and back straights and still be on their tails by the begining of the front straight. The back half of TBolt is very twisty and plays to our cars strenght. Up to 11 potentials in 24 hours, not bad. We just need to get Mazda, and Al motivated to get their cars done and join us. Oh, and I'm sure Boxologist will become a track rat and give up Autoxing once he stops being a chicken.:rofl: Right Box? :jester: I can see us potientially getting to 15++ cars on track with a little luck. Only five more months... to get your cars ready and clear your schedules. Come on Mazda and Al. Speak up.:seeya: Tom
  24. Michael, I'm going to try to make it. Right now I have a conflict which I'm trying to get out of. Will let you know shortly. Check in with Scott and your other southern contingent. I think we could end up with 15 or more 7's with a little luck. Tom
  25. On the Caterham 6 speed, 6th is a 1:1 ratio, so no overdrive. Typical diffs for the 6 speeds are the 3.62 or the 3.9. I believe the 3.62 gives a little less accelaration but a little better top end as compared to the 3.9. Tire circumference also has an impact on top speed, as my speeds in gear are less with the low profile slicks vs the slightly larger Avon CR500's or the Toyo R888's. Not sure about the 5 speed options. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...