-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
After 4 days of now power, light, TV or interent. Having to read by flashlight, I can now see why the lifespans in the times before the 1900's were so short. It's because they got up worked, went ot bed and did it over and over. They were literally BORED to DEATH.:jester: Hang in there Karl. Checking into a hotel, with Healt, hot water,Light, Cable TV and the Internet did wonders for my spirit. Tom
-
Well, power at home came back on today at 4:26 am, I know because every friggin lite in the house came on and woke us up. Then at 5am, just as I fell back asleep, my phone rings with an incoming text message from, wait for it........CROC!!!!!:toetap05: He's in London and can't friggin tell time!!!:svengo: Spent yesterday and today at the beach house Shoveling sand. Turns out our side showed a high water mark of about 8-10 inches in our lower level, I cut up and took out the carpeting, two sofas, Tv stand, tv, coffee table and assorted other crap, and put it all in the garage, after shoveling out 12 inches or so of wet sand. That took 3 of us 5 hours to do. Driveway and walkway to the front door had 12+ inches of wet sand. Luckily found a guy with a bobcat to clean the driveway off. Only took him 3 hours!!!:party: Got the heater and hot waterheater checked out and working. The front yard/ beachfront now has about 2 to 3 feet of sand. I'm thinking of just leaving it there and calling it a beachvolleyball court. :smilielol5: Bad news is that there is now nothing between our house and the ocean, but a 2 foot bulkhead. The dunes are gone, well not really they are in my yard and driveway. But at hightide today the surf is about 30 yards from the bulkhead which is 10 yards or so from the house, and I'm hearing that a NorEaster is forcasted for next week. That can't be good. All in all, not as bad as some other houses. The two next to ours have condemned signs posted on them, and my Upstairs neighbor, had the decking from the bulkhead go thru his sliding doors and now has over 4 feet of sand inside the house. Bad new there is that as this is a condo unit, we have one flood and insurance policy that covers the house. I'll post some pics later. Thx for your concern and support. Tom
-
Oulton Park Circuit UK - A Seven Track Day Adventure
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I agree, Cadwell Park is a great circut for a 7. It has it all, nice sweepers, good straights, Lots of tight turns, chicanes, and some great elevation changes. Tom -
We are still without power at home. Just checked into a hotel. 3 days of no heat, hot water, light, tv, internet, reading by flashlight. ARRGH!!!!! Well, I'm headed down to Ocean city Thursday am. Not good when the local tv stations feature your house and your neighbors on the Hurricane damage clips. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Sandy-Aftermath-in-Ocean-City/176494641 Our place shows up nicely at 34 and 55 second marks. That sand covers what used to be a nice green lawn. :willy_nilly::puke::svengo::banghead: Those Icons just about sum it up. Tom
-
No, He's not into Kitcars. :smilielol5: But a good guess.
-
He's having a mid life crisis, he thinks he's Steve McQueen.
-
Oulton Park Circuit UK - A Seven Track Day Adventure
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Only 180hp, poor baby, now you know how it feels to be underpowered. :driving::smilielol5: Tom -
It Figures, I bought a beachfront house in Ocean City NJ last year.:cuss::cuss: We boarded up the sliding doors, but even at normal High tide we were less than 100 yards from the waters edge. On Saturday the city had bulldozed up another small sand dune. But the last thing I've heard is that the Ocean and the Bay have now met. :ack: It's barely raining and not too breezy here in the Philly area, 80 miles west of the shore. Bad news is the worst of the storm is still to come around 8pm tonight, coinciding with the Full Moon, High tide. Oh Well! Tom
-
Great Article. Your son seems to have his priorities right. Good job! :cheers: Tom
-
Mary is Jeff's (blue SuperlightR, njmp member) significant other who like to drive Jeff's car. Croc and I are pushing jeff to get her one of her own. Tom
-
I believe the front measurement is taken at the point where the motor mount bolts protrude and the rear measurement is taken at the front of rear wing. Tom
-
Thanks, Michael, I should have asked what type of gearbox and set up he has. My slave in NOT the Annular in the bell housing like yours. Mine is a seperate cylinder that mounts on top of the bellhousing. Two different animals. Sorry for the confusion. Tom
-
I have a 2000 Cat with the hydralic set up. The Blue anodized slave cylinder is I believe a VW unit. Don't know about the Master. If you go to replace the clutch master cylinder, just be aware that there are two different bore sizes. Tom
-
Sounds like a plan. I'm sure Croc has PLENTY of room in his garage, as long as you promise not to ding his doors. :leaving::rofl: It was very lonely and COLD out there on the track today. No other sevens to play with. Dom and Ash were asking for you guys. I'm sure mary will look good in YELLOW. Tom
-
I bet your face is still sore from smiling so much. :hurray: Great looking car. Enjoy it! :cheers: Tom
-
Great color and with Clams!! This is definately how all Caterhams should Look! :jester: Tom
-
Yeah, I just wanted to make sure He had enough straight to get past me. :jester: As for his little "wiggle" in turn one, he said basically he just steers and the car applies the brakes,throttle to keep him from spinning. Not a bad driver either, said he use to race a viper, so he was used to big and heavy cars. Tom
-
Kitcat, Croc and Karl, you three have to knock it off. Haven't you heard that the US is dearming under our president. I understand that he's issued another executive order that requires you guys to Detune down to an even 200hp. :seeya: and to redistribute your excess power to those of us poorer owners. :rofl: Tom
-
Yeah, Yeah, I know, I'm slow. But that red miata is a sleeper. As for my "special GT3 passing manuever" there is a little button on the left side of my dash that I used to get by a certain GT3. :jester: Though the point by that he gave me seemed to be missing a few fingers. :smilielol5: All in good fun though. Tom
-
Croc, Jeff and I had a good time at a members trackday yesterday and today. Highlight of the day was a Veyron that did a few laps with us. Here are two videos of me getting my doors Blown off, (if I had doors):willy_nilly: Tom [/url]
-
They built my Rover K series motor. Did a great job. Simon responds pretty quickly and I I have purchased replacement parts from them with no drama or problems. Tom
-
PCA bans Caterhams from US HPDE events for being too fast
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
WOW Box, are you going to let those guys smack you around like that? Sounds to me that you are going to have to show some Testicular Fortitude and man up. (I mean Show up) to our next Seven's day on the track. Otherwise I think a name change is in order on the forum. I'm sure croc and Steve can come up with something appropriate. :smilielol5::seeya: Tom -
Yeah, Karl, but once you add the Clams, you'll begin lifing off.:smilielol5: Tom
-
I don't think so. The Front 4 pot AP racing calipers were an upgrade that included ventilated discs. Standard rear brakes were, Ford Sierra ones, with a solid read disc and the handbrake incorporated. I think the Upgraded rears shown were an aftermarket upgrade. Tom
-
:driving::seeya::seeya: What can I say, it was a nice day for a Sunday Drive. I just can't figure out why everyone was in such a hurry. Don't they know you save gas if you go slow?:bs: Have you fixed your new one yet Mike? Tom
