Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. :bs::bs::bs: :flag: Tom
  2. Not only a Lotus 7, but a 23B too. Nice.:driving: Tom
  3. Sounds like you need to take a firm hand to her and get her oil nice and hot Al. :smilielol5: Maybe we can get you to take her out for a parade lap at lunch, just to stretch her legs a bit. :drool: Definately come out for the social stuff. Tom
  4. Martin, you doubted me? :svengo: All the more reason for you to move out here. Great to see you again. Hope you can swing by again next year for the third annual NJMP 7's outing. I can always use the backup when discussing things with KitCat. :jester: I'm sure even Boxolgist will have to show up if you make it. Take care. Tom
  5. Enough of your liberal rants! :rofl: Tom
  6. :troll::troll: Now you know full well Michael, that the plastic dowels issue was rectified over a decade ago. :smash: How else do you think we got the Rover K series down to around 191 lbs in weight, the whole block and head are plastic. :smilielol5: Tom
  7. Hi, Martin, I just got back from the shore. I'm skippiing this weekend's trackdays as it's just too hot. So I'm around if you want to get a beer. I'm in Media about 30-40 minutes east of you. Route 1 is a straight shot between us. I'll give you a call to see what works for you. Tom
  8. Guys, I just got this email from NJMP offering a number of different option to get out on the track. Looks like it could be a good opportunity for some to get a feel for the tracks. The #1 question we get at NJMP from motorsports enthusiasts is how to drive their street cars, race cars, street bikes and just about anything with wheels on one of our two world-class road courses: our signature Thunderbolt Raceway featuring 2.25-miles of asphalt, 14 challenging turns and a one half mile straightway or Lightning Raceway, 1.9-mile with 10 corner circuit which is fast, challenging and features some of the most interesting and dramatic corners and elevation changes in the Park. We totally understand your desire to get on track and want to help! From car club and driving organizations to racing schools and series - and even the exclusive and private NJMP Drivers Club - you have choices in how to drive, lap or race at New Jersey Motorsports Park! So... how fast DO you want to go! Fast as a turtle? Quick as a snail? After seeing huge success at motorsports parks throughout the country, New Jersey Motorsports Park is excited to now offer Motor(less) laps. For two days each month, NJMP will open the track at 6:30 p.m. for two hours to bicyclists, skateboarders, rollerblading, runners and parents with strollers to challenge themselves on one of our world-class road courses. 2012 Dates: Thunderbolt: 7/26, 8/7, 9/23, 10/12, 11/9 Lightning: 7/10, 8/23, 9/21, 10/26, 11/9 NJMP track experiences are for participants who own a street legal car only - no race cars. Every car must pass a technical inspection. High performance driving experience insurance will be available and every participant will be required to wear a helmet. Open top/convertible cars must have approved rollover protection. NJMP is not responsible for excessive wear and tear to brakes, tires or other car parts. Participants will be responsible for any damage to NJMP property. To capture your experience on video, NJMP now offers Go Pro Hero HD video cameras to rent at additional rate. Upcoming Track Experience Dates: July 22 - Lightning August 30 - Thunderbolt For more information or to register for an upcoming experience please contact Michael Allenbaugh, Track Operations Manager, at (856) 327 - 7250 or mallenbaugh@njmp.com Paced Laps Life is a highway, so why not ride it all night long... well at least until dusk! With NJMP's Paced Laps experience, you now can take your own car on track! Enjoy one of NJMP's world-class road courses from the driver's seat. Drivers pre-register and arrive at the scheduled time to take a 10 lap tour lead by the official NJMP Pace Car at approximate highway speeds. No in-car or classroom instruction is required. Depending on availability additional same-day sessions (10 laps) can be purchased for just $30 per session. Kawasaki Track Experience Revvin' up your engine, Listen to her howlin' roar... Kawasaki Track Experience gives all levels of riders the opportunity to hone their skills. Whether you're just starting out, or a pro-rider, with Kawasaki Track Experience you will now be able to concentrate on the details and techniques of riding which will make you an all-around better rider. For only $149 a day (@5 laps) you will receive instructions to perform "lead and follow" and a classroom session. A motorcycle license is required for this experience and the riders must have the proper knowledge of street riding along with the approved full face helmet, jacket, boots and gloves. Equipment is available on a limited basis. Visit http://www.teampromotion.com for more information regarding training and track riding. Progressive Paced Laps Looking for adventure, in whatever comes your way? Get a taste of what performance driving is all about. Drive your own performance car on track with this experience. For $175, drivers sign-up for a full day of performance driving education beginning with the morning driver's meeting. Next is a classroom instruction session geared toward beginner orientation, followed by an on-track session lead by the official NJMP Pace Car at approximate highway speeds. The remainder of the day will consist of three more classroom sessions with progressing technical instruction, followed by a track time session with incrementally increased speeds led by the Pace Car approaching speeds up to 100 mph. Hot Laps with Instructor Do you have the need... the need for speed? Are you ready to take your performance car and skills to the next level? See the track from a racer's viewpoint. Reaching speeds up to 130 mph, here is your chance to open your own car up in a controlled, safe environment on one of our world-class race tracks. For $295 a day, this experience will have you paired with a qualified racer to help instruct and guide you through the day. Hot Laps You're burning up the track! Just like the Hot Laps with Instructor experience, here is a chance to bring your own performance car on one of our 2 world-class road tracks. Instructors and drivers with qualifying HPDE experience or competition licenses only for this run group. This program will allow for advanced passing rules at speeds up to 150 mph! For $295, this is a chance for the tenured drivers to hone their skills. This is also an opportunity for instructors to take their students for instructional right seat rides. Hot Laps -Ride Along Ride shot-gun at speeds up to 130 mph! Pace laps not fast enough for you? Don't have the time or desire to go through high performance driving schools? Experience race car speeds and excitement from the passenger seat. Ride along with a qualified instructor for five adrenaline- pumping laps of pure exhilaration. No experience or gear necessary. Just bring your courage! Hot Laps- Ride Along is $50 per car for 5 laps.
  9. Nope, not that Tom. I post on blatchat under my full name. I did ride with ECR and ECK (aka Slipperman) at Cadwell years ago. But your car/exploits are well known on Blatchat.:cheers: Tom Gaval
  10. Welcome Mike, let the guys know what's in that beast of yours. :cheers: Tom
  11. Mike, I hate to admit it, but more than one driver came up to me and asked who was driving the red 7 as they were really fast. As for my "black flag", if Croc doesn't edit it out, you can clearly see the point by and my getting past BEFORE Turn one. :jester: It was no where like your late passes last year. Looking at my video, I can see that I clearly turn in way too early and don't use the whole track for my entrances and exits. Looking forward to some video critic ing from the experts. BTW, i sent Croc 27 gig of video, from my 4 onboard cameras over the 4 days. Unfortunately, my external mic placement was crap. Great to see all of you guys, Michael D. has a few new ideas for additions to next year. Hopefully, we can suck in a few more Seven drivers. Tom
  12. That was a lot of fun. Great to see everyone again. I'll upload some pics tomorrow. I've looked at some of my camera footage and there are some good laps. I also detected Ron still in pit lane with the cone down. Will need to slow mo it :smilielol5:Not as good as Croc's spin last year but everyone behaved this year. Hopefully we can add a few more to the group next time. Mazda, Al. get those cars done!:deadhorse: Tom
  13. :bs: if being passed a half lap after the checkered flag and on the way to the paddock is a legit pass, then yep he lapped me. :jester: Tom
  14. Had a good day today. Croc and I arrived yesterday around 1:30pm. Beat all the bad weather. Cars were tucked in the garage and this morning as we went down for breakfast we see another Caterham. Jeff, is a new member at NJMP with a nice blue Superlight R Zetec. So three of us on track today. He can't stay and join us on Monday but we' hope to have him on board next year. Michael D and Jvbtte are due in tomorrow for the day. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Beer is in the fridge and nice and cold. We are parked in Garages 118 and 119 at Thunderbolt. See you when you get here. Tom
  15. I think I see the error in your ways Mike. You're supposed to take it out for a Blat not go for a spin. :jester: That like Croc saying he's had a little Dust up. :rofl: Tom
  16. :smilielol5::smilielol5:Mike, I'm sure you will remember the track well enough to stay on the tarmac. However it is 2 spins and you are done for the day. Brake on the straights, not in the turns and behave yourself.:smash::smash: Tom
  17. Great news Mike!:hurray: I'm sure you've made it better, just like you did with your old Crossflow Caterham. Just try to keep it on the blacktop this time.:willy_nilly: SCDA has a hard two spin and you're done policy. Enjoy your grandchild. See you Sunday. Tom
  18. Ok, Just a few days left before the 2nd annual 7's at NJMP event. Looks like we are now at 9 se7ens on track. Yellowss7 Tom Croc Mike Kitcat Mike M. Blubarisax Karl Michael D. Michael Redgoose Ron Sabbot Stewart BBall7754 Steve Jim Not on this site Still room for more. Come on Stig make it an even 10 on track. The Tent will be set up and Beverages will be chilled for your arrival on Sunday in the Thunderbolt Paddock. We'll do dinner at the Clubhouse after everyone arrives and has a chance to unwind a bit. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Tom:party:
  19. Speaking of Se7ens, which one will be making an appearance next week?
  20. No Mike, I did not do that last time intentionally. If you remember, I ran them a couple sessions and then had a puncture on track so took them off and ran the R888's at Tbolt the next day. I may do as you suggest on Saturday. Run them a session and then change over to the R888s for the day and then put them back on for Sun, Mon and Tuesday. I'll have to give Croc a little taste of being out front until I put the slicks back on. :boxing: Tom
  21. Mike, it was in my confirmation email from them.
  22. Don't tell me you had a pair of these "headlight" done in Carbon and put on your CSR?:jester:
  23. I figured I could probably get one more day out of the other 3, and if I used a little Barge cement, I could probably get the corded one to last a couple sessions.:jester: Tom
  24. Good news is that I picked up a new set today, so I'm ready for this year's 7's gathering at NJMP on Monday.
  25. Well, I certainly got my money's worth from this one.:svengo::ack: I bought this set this time last year for the 7's at NJMP outing and have been watching them for wear. Obviously I didnot check them between the last two sessions I did. A mistake I won't make again. Seeing this scared the crap out of me.
×
×
  • Create New...