Brunton Super Stalker Track Day Alignment Settings

searya

This is great to read. Its always good to see someone really make progress on a car.

...hitting up folks like Shane and other track day junkies to find out what tweaks and major changes (wings, engines, transmission) have been the best bang for the buck.

I would caution you about asking Shane about wings and Stalkers. His take offs are smooth but the landings.... :ack:

This is great to read. Its always good to see someone really make progress on a car.

I would caution you about asking Shane about wings and Stalkers. His take offs are smooth but the landings.... :ack:

That’s just a nasty thing to say.....I mean, it’s true, but still.:jester:

Searya, Do you go to Putnam park often. There are 4 Stalker owners in Indianapolis. I had chassis #10 and still own chassis 21. Neighbor around the corner from me has #106. Two other friends in the metro area have 107 and 160. What chassis number do you have? Do you live close by Indy?. Let me know when you will be back at Putnam. Maybe we can meet up with you. Xcarguy almost moved here a couple of years ago.

Jack

Yes that was me in the advanced group. I have a friend that also drives my car and he ran the intermediate group.

Jack I would love to meet up with you and the others next time i am at Putnam.

I think I am chassis 98. I bought mine already assembled by a guy that rented stalkers at vir.

I even think I made it over to your house lots of years ago when I just got the car. i remember bringing my car from the track to your house in a trailer. I was white knuckling the steering wheel the whole way because I was new to trailers and the construction on the way made the roads so narrow that I was terrified:)

I do remember you showing me your car (which was great) as well as how to build brookland windshields. I didn’t get far on that project but still have the piece of aluminum you told me to buy for the base!

i live in saint Louis and know one other stalker owner here. He is a great guy.

I won’t be back to Putnam this year but will be at ncm next weekend with 10/10ths, gateway on October 16th with pca and then likely back at ncm the first week of November with binge Tokyo.

I love Putnam though so I will be back next year and will for sure call/message!

Sean,

I did not put 2+2 together. Now I remember you. Your chassis #is 96 built by Bob and Casey Piscura for use at VIR. Marty Carroll #31 lives in St.L, Dan Doerer #93 also in St. L, Cliff Flath #8 lives in Marysville, IL and Mike Major #137 lives in Collinsville, IL. I have met Marty, Dan and Cliff when Run & Gun was still active and running at Gateway. If I recall you lived in St. Charles. Putnam is a great facility. Two of us have run there and one of the other Stalker owners from here runs a C4 Corvette at Putnam. He has not put his Stalker on the track yet, but I expect he will next year. Certainly let me know when you are coming back and we will definitely hook up, likely at the track. Glad to hear you still have the Stalker. I am on my second one. Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Jack lookin forward to seeing you again next year. Maybe we could have Lotus 7 owner dinner next time I come to town.

Made it back from NCM and the car did great again. My tires are definitely on their last leg being about 2 years old now. But even with that I was able to shave 2 seconds off my best time at NCM. Can't wait to get new tires for next year so I can see how much that helps.

Was a lot of incidents this past weekend at NCM including a lotus Evora that hit the wall coming on the main straight. No one was hurt in any of the incidents but body damage was decent in a few. From what the regulars said the track was just slicker than normal and of course cooler than the summer days.

2 more events for the year. Next weekend at Gateway in Saint Louis and then back to NCM in Kentucky on November 7th and 8th!

• 2 months later...

With the V8 I would go with a larger diameter wheel/tire combo and run 1" shorter coil-overs, or same length as front, or limiting straps. My car truly came alive, and no more clunks to frame and snap oversteer. In front, 1/16" TTO, lower a-arms level, and almost 2 deg neg camber. There are extra threads on one side to allow more, but limited on the drivers side. I am hoping to fab new control arms this winter to get more caster, add more stability (no more speed oscillations). I am also switching spindles to Speedway Motors new Metric geometry and lower ball joint, short steering arm, and a 7 degree upper ball joint. The steering has never inspired confidence.. Hoping this will work without having to upgrade steering rack.

Edited by Bonjo2