The 7's video thread

Vovchandr

6 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Is there anything you haven't driven/done/ country you havent been to??? :classic_ohmy:

Is LM002 genuinely enough of an experience to want to own or is this something that looks good in someones elses driveway to admire from a distance?

There are something like 195 countries and I have been to only 80-something of them.  I have not counted them in a very long time.  I'm lucky if I visit 2-3 new countries each year now as most of my 150-175,000 miles a year in a plane is to places I have been to many times before. 

I have driven a lot of different cars over the years.  I am very fortunate to know a lot of people who own lots of different things. My ownership of various automotive moneypits has brought me into contact with a lot of people in the car world.  I know two owners of LM002s plus there was an LM002 resident at NJMP for a while up until recently.   I love the styling - its quite a chunky looking thing, lots of character.  Against today's crop of 4WDs it looks slightly small but compared to its period peers this was the Hummer of its age - it was huge.  However, an F150 today would be bigger.   Lamborghini started with the same drivetrain as an Espada - I prefer my Espada thanks - but with a transfer box and front diff bolted on.  The interior is the usual classic Italian ergonomic vomit of unlabelled buttons and switches across acres of peeled cow.  Its not quick for something that had 300+ hp when new.  Obviously the gearing is borrowed from the sports cars and it is very heavy but even so it is amazingly slow.  I much much prefer the original Range Rover - which is why I have one as a project.   The LM002s are insanely expensive to run.  Parts are non-existent and a pain to find.  For a long time you could not get replacement tires.   Why would you own one?   Lets face it, we all have our little foibles, some character failings, and its only natural that we enjoy different types of cars.. Some people love these just because they are mad.  I cannot criticize - my own car history is quirky to say the least.  Unless you are worth a LOT of money you do not - repeat do not - want to own one.  Just lock up the wallet and observe with a smile from a distance. 

For reference an LM002 is big compared to a Caterham.  Photo taken at Exoticars in Frenchtown NJ.

DSC00950_edited-1.thumb.JPG.6baf3ee347fb7461f614909ce4942f36.JPG

And yes a Caterham SV is wider than a Jaguar E-type.

• Like 2

This thread is now officially the most popular Videos thread on the forum (views and posts). The office race video from 2009 was hard to take down...

To celebrate we are going French!

CATERHAM SEVEN, le jouet des grands enfants !

Caterham 7: Tour 2021-Route des Grandes Alpes

On 2/12/2024 at 9:01 AM, Vovchandr said:

Why I own a Caterham 7 SV VHPD

Because if you owned a normal car you couldn't get the doors open in that space?

Sorry.  Could not resist.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pethier said:

Because if you owned a normal car you couldn't get the doors open in that space?

Sorry.  Could not resist.

One of the great perks. I didn't even have to buy a full width car trailer. Can get away with much narrower and less in demand models

[Vowed Land] Caterham 7 170S When I was filming a test drive video, I was led to the place where I decided to purchase it 34 years ago! Love Cars TV Manabu Kawaguchi visits the place of memories of his youth in a Caterham!

The car has finally been delivered!? Manabu Kawaguchi of Love Cars TV thoroughly checks the interior and exterior of the Caterham 7 170R! The world's lightest? I can't stop grinning at the model!