Birkin

JeffersonRaley

51 minutes ago, JeffersonRaley said:

Finally got my Birkin put back together with its new Raceline engine.

And????  You can't post a comment like that without providing more details on how it drives :) 

-John

10 hours ago, JohnCh said:

And????  You can't post a comment like that without providing more details on how it drives :) 

-John

Not to mention giving us more information about whatever is lurking in the garage...

17 hours ago, JohnCh said:

-John

It's absolutely awesome so far.  Still need to do some tuning at higher RPMs, but it's huge fun.  There just anything else like a Seven.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Croc said:

With a loss factor of 10-20% area you are 250hp plus at the flywheel.  What Raceline spec did you end up?   Out of curiousity, how much were you expecting?

I got the 300hp Raceline engine, so I hoped it would be closer to that rating. I'm using different ECU and header and turned it down by 500 rpm.  All that said, I'm happy with the engine and the service I've gotten from Raceline. 

• Like 1

Those changes you made will account for the difference (210whp adj for 20% loss is 262hp at flywheel).  500rpm is 10-15hp at the top end.  ECU tune will definitely account for the difference, particularly since standard premium fuel octane (after allowing for the RON/AKI conversion) in the UK is meaningfully higher than the US - I assume you are on regular premium 93 US octane?  I doubt the header does much in practice although I suspect @JohnCh will correct me shortly!  I also suspect that some "rounding up" to 300 occurred for marketing purposes, or maybe their dyno was having a "good day" - its fairly common with engine builders.

Raceline are a class act - I have had great experiences with them in the past with their dry sumps.

3 hours ago, Croc said:

Those changes you made will account for the difference (210whp adj for 20% loss is 262hp at flywheel).  500rpm is 10-15hp at the top end.  ECU tune will definitely account for the difference, particularly since standard premium fuel octane (after allowing for the RON/AKI conversion) in the UK is meaningfully higher than the US - I assume you are on regular premium 93 US octane?  I doubt the header does much in practice although I suspect @JohnCh will correct me shortly!  I also suspect that some "rounding up" to 300 occurred for marketing purposes, or maybe their dyno was having a "good day" - its fairly common with engine builders.

Raceline are a class act - I have had great experiences with them in the past with their dry sumps.

Totally agree. I've always been very happy with Raceline products. I'd buy this motor again.