Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I found why I was struggling to debug the fuel pump in my CSR.

 

According the the MFRU wiring diagram @Croc posted some time back, the MFRU fuel pump output pin burnt out.  I'm not sure what caused this to go, I would have expected this to burn the fuse.

 

So... Now to find where to order a replacement one of these.

 

PXL_20260927_175902638.MP.jpg

PXL_20260927_175913367.MP.jpg

Posted

Its a Ford part but was also sold to other car manufacturers - no idea of model number sorry.  

 

Can you please post a photo of the label on the side with code numbers and I can search one of the databases I have.  

Posted

Thanks, I'd appreciate that!   These are the only numbers I can find on the unit.

 

BCS

YWB 100970

4922

 

PBT-GF30

 

PA6-GF10/GB20

 

 

PXL_20260927_181932147.MP.jpg

PXL_20260927_181943904.MP.jpg

PXL_20260927_182003301.MP.jpg

Posted

 

 

Easy.

 

PBT-GF30 and PA6-GF10/GB20 are the Delphi part numbers, two components that slide together. 

 

The actual part comes off a Rover 400 piece of turd or a Rover 200 POS and a MGTF or even a 1997 Mini and you can buy it off Rimmer Bros

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-YWB100970

 

or Motaclan

https://motaclan.com/product/relay-assy-eng-manag_ywb100970_11571_1/

 

or Minispares

https://www.minispares.com/ywb100970-engine-management-relay-mpi-except-air-con

 

and some tech info I found on my way...

https://andrewrevill.co.uk/EU3MultiFunction.htm

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Relay unit ordered through Rimmer Bros and a plug kit from another UK shop as I couldn't find a US shop with the wiring harness that would sell less than 2000 units or would take 4 months to arrive.

 

So... I'm out for the upcoming 7 track day.

Posted

Pin 4 on a YWB 100970 is rated for either 20A or 30A continuous.  Why did it overheat?  Assuming it is fused correctly, maybe sanity check the wire gauge to the connector and check for corrosion or a repair or splice in that circuit.  If you can't identify the cause, add an inline fuse on the lead to pin 4 as a safety.  Not elegant, but if the problem reoccurs, a new fuse will have you running rather than replacing the relay yet again.

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...