demoray
Registered User-
Posts
84 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by demoray
-
Relay unit ordered through Rimmer Bros and a plug kit from another UK shop as I couldn't find a US shop with the wiring harness that would sell less than 2000 units or would take 4 months to arrive. So... I'm out for the upcoming 7 track day.
-
Thanks, I'd appreciate that! These are the only numbers I can find on the unit. BCS YWB 100970 4922 PBT-GF30 PA6-GF10/GB20
-
Well I found why I was struggling to debug the fuel pump in my CSR. According the the MFRU wiring diagram @Croc posted some time back, the MFRU fuel pump output pin burnt out. I'm not sure what caused this to go, I would have expected this to burn the fuse. So... Now to find where to order a replacement one of these.
-
Any idea what a set are going to run?
-
For those following along, my CSR had a Walbro grj235.
-
Well, shit. The fuel pump in my CSR doesn't have the same connections as the one from Rimmer Brother.
-
The connector has tabs on both sides that I couldn't see until I partially lifted the fuel pump out of the tank.
-
Working on replacing mine... How do you take this connector off? For context, it's the one circled on red on the second photo.
-
In the SCCA, it boils down to your tires. If you are running 200TW tires, XU. Otherwise, I think you're stuck in A-Mod due to the super charger. The current rules are specified here: https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/078/494/2026 Solo Rulebook Feb.pdf?1770664112
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
@AeroCat Tell us about the Aero package on your other 7...
-
Yep. I found the most recent CSR fuel pump thread, as well as some of your previous posts that have additional information. I'll be ordering a replacement in the morning.
-
Sigh. Fuel pump woes at my first autocross with the 7. At least I'm within the Hagerty Drivers Club included flat bed towing range.
-
I'm a fan of the long reach low profile jack linked above. IMO, it's a nicer and slightly lighter jack and like it better than their Low Profile Super Duty, which they were sued by SnapOn over.
-
If you've not done it before, for nuts & bolts related to suspension, I recommend torquing them then using a paint pen to mark the location. This gives you a quick visual reference for anything coming loose.
-
I checked mine, and it matches the owner's manual I have, which says a 15amp fuse for the fuel pump. I've had to replace other fuses, of which I now keep a suite of spares my traveling toolkit, it's been for shorts that I've found addressed. None for the fuel pump as of yet. I don't think I'd use an auto-reset on the fuel pump, but while you're tracking it down perhaps a Manual Reset fuse would save some frustration. I know my fuse block is rather annoying to interact with, given its position underneath the scuttle.
-
I bought a CTEK NXT5 in prepping to put in a LiFePO battery, and put my previously mostly dead Odyssey on it on a whim. I checked on it every day, and it kept saying either "checking" or the light that indicates the battery needs servicing. That was until today, when I went to buy said LiFePO. As I went out to the garage I noticed the CTEK said it was on "care" mode, and the battery held 13.5v steady. With my battery reinstalled, I went for a drive without issues. I'll be keeping an eye on this battery for the rest of the summer just in case, but for now, call me impressed. TIL, not all AGM aware maintainers are equal.
-
Or you can do what I do ... A 7 for the nice days and a Miata for the not as nice days. Such as when it's pouring down rain, or if either A/C or heat are needed.
-
I've experienced buying on BaT. Sellers make or break an auction more than how BaT rewrites your words. The advice, and more importantly what not to do from above, are spot on. My advice is to be engaged and forthcoming with answers as best you can, and if you have documentation, share it.
-
It's not me. While I've been out that way in my 7, it's been months.
-
Normally, I leave the car on a tender if I intend to park it for more than a few days. I accidentally left the key in the ignition and on overnight after moving my 7 around my garage late at night. The previous battery died after one of my kids "helpfully" unplugged the extension cord during the winter and I didn't notice. I've been looking to add a cutoff switch, but had not got around to that yet.
-
I've apparently killed another Odyssey Extreme battery (AGM16L) by accidentally letting it completely drain. I've not been able to recover it with my agm capable tender above 6v. So... Having done this to a second of these batteries, I'm looking for a replacement. What do you all suggest?
-
I've had an issue getting gas only once in my CSR, and it was entirely my fault. Someone came up while I was filling up and asked me questions, and I kept going after the first click like I was filling up a regular street car. Excluding that one exception, I've had no issues in MD, VA, and NY.
-
Earlier this year, I put a few gallons of 91 when I was nearly out and that was the only thing available in my 260. It ran like garbage. No knocking I could detect, but it had a far rougher idle. After a full cycle of 93, it went away. I won't be doing that again if I can help it.
-
I wear a pair of Wiley X Gravity sunglasses, with the removable head strap and foam gaskets, through Sport RX with my eye glasses prescription. This is the best compromise I've found for visibility, keeping the dust and wind out of my eyes, comfort, and meeting ISO safety standards for impact resistance. They look a little too tacticool, but they are *really* good for what I need. These are highly rated by motorcyclists, who suffer some of the same environmental issues we face. For sun protection, I've found I rather like the fit and finish of the Rabbit UPF hoodies, available through REI. For a hat, my spouse found me a foldable baseball cap with UPF protection that I can tighten enough that it won't fly off as long as I'm under 70mph. Higher than that, I'll take the hat off.
