Sevens Event - NJMP Track Day June 27 and 28

Croc

The following email was just sent to a number of people within reasonable driving range of NJMP in Milville NJ. I am posting it here in the event I accidentally left anyone off the distribution list:

Gentlemen,

I trust you are all well. You are receiving this PM because I understand that you are located within a reasonable driving range of New Jersey Motorsports Park and would be potentially interested in a USA7’s event being organized for June 27 and 28.

Tom (Yellowss) has been in contact with Ian Prout of SCDA regarding having a Sevens session at a New Jersey Motorsports Park track day being run on Monday June 27 and Tuesday June 28. Ian has undertaken to group the Seveners into the intermediate group, assuming a minimum level of track experience.

The SCDA website page is at:

https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/465930832

From the site:

The SCDA, LLC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a two day event at the brand new New Jersey Motorsports Park facility, located in Millville, New Jersey on
June 27 & 28
To provide maximum value to our customers, we are pleased to offer two hours of track time per day!
Please note that this world class facility consists of two completely independent, stand alone tracks. The NJMP event on
June 27
will take place on the ultra fast ten turn, 1.9 mile
Lightning Raceway
. On
June 28
, we will be returning to NJMP, and on this date hosting the event on the fourteen turn, 2.25 mile
Thunderbolt Raceway

These two tracks are brand new, fast, challenging and exciting! This is a unique opportunity to experience not one, but,
two
fast, smooth and completely independent tracks in one trip! Participants can expect a minimum of two hours track time each day, one on one In Car Instruction if needed, and two Classroom Sessions. This event is open to all skill level drivers, from Novice through Advanced! In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified SCCA flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills.

New Jersey
Motorsports Park
events are $295 for a single day and $545 for a two consecutive day event.

NJMP EARLY BIRD PRICING UPDATE -- Register before 6/13/11 and save 10% off the 2 day entry fee! Retail Pricing for this event is $545. Early Bird Pricing between now and 6/13/11 is $490.50

For those of you who have not had your car on track, this is a great way to safely drive your car at speed. Instructors are available and recommended. You drive at your own speed - it's not a race or timed event. Passing is restricted by run group to either No passing for novice, Passing on the main straights with a wave by, for the intermediates, to passing with a wave by in the expert groups.

A number of us will be staying overnight the Sunday and Monday, either at a local hotel or at the VIP Thunderbolt track-side suites offered by NJMP which are offered at $109 (plus $37 tax) per night. The evening dinners should be a highlight.

If you want to read the evolution of this idea via the lengthy thread on USA7s then here is the link:

http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5951

For those of you who do not currently own Sevens but would like to join in the Sevens grouping, a small number of Spec Miatas are available for rental – see here for details:

https://www.scda1.com/rental-car/

Please let me know if you are interested so we can try to save space in the designated sevens session. I hope to see many of you there – I think we will have a great time.

Cheers

mike

For reference the accommodation link to nearby hotels is at:

http://www.njmp.com/accommodations.html

For those wanting to rent a VIP Suite at Thunderbolt Track then please see:

http://www.njmp.com/vip.html

For reference the VIP suites are $109 per night plus $37 tax and have 2 beds (so 2 guys).

The Villas have 3 bedrooms, a living and dining area and are $499 plus tax per night or $166 per person sharing per night.

The other accommodation comes up on a search as follows:

1) Holiday Inn Express Vineland (3 stars) - $85pn, 7 miles from the circuit

2) Motorsports Inn (3 stars) - $59pn, closest to the circuit at 4 miles away

3) Quality Inn (2 stars) - $73pn, 4 miles from the circuit

4) Country Inn by Carlson (2 stars) - $67pn, 3 miles from the circuit

5) Wingate Inn - from $79 pn

6) Starlite Motel (no stars) - $50pn or $25-30 per hour.....EEK!

Edited by Croc
updated hotel list

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drivers confirmed interest for one or both days:

Tom (Yellowss)

Mike (Kitcat)

Karl (Blubarisax)

Mike (Croc)

Stewart (Sabbot) - 27th only

Michael (MichaelD)

Attending at least 1 day but not driving:

Dave (DaveD) - 27th

Ron (Redgoose)

Jack (Jvbtte/JLBtrans) - trying to make it work. not sure if car will be ready.

Unable to attend:

Andy (Pinballking)

Jon (Boxologist)

To be updated as more confirm

Edited by Croc
updated

Tom and Mike,

Thanks for the wake up email. I will be there on Monday for sure. I won't be driving the track. I am thinking about staying for Tuesday also, but not sure yet.

Dave D

Yeah, but it's a good dog, and has a nice bark. And with all you BIG DOGs coming out to play I'll have plenty of things to chase. You just better hope I don't catch you. I don't want you holding me up in the corners just to run away like a girl down the straight:toetap05:s.

:jester: Tom

I have been following this thread and find Tom's quote to be funny if not true....especially the last line..:smilielol5:

Yeah, but it's a good dog, and has a nice bark. And with all you BIG DOGs coming out to play I'll have plenty of things to chase. You just better hope I don't catch you. I don't want you holding me up in the corners just to run away like a girl down the straight:toetap05:s.

:jester: Tom

croc..love to come but do not know when car will be ready. as of now the engine is in..thats all i know..ill be in touch as soon as i here more news..ron k

Talking to Jon last week, I mentioned this event and that you were keen to attend. He thought he could have it ready in time...like you I am hoping!

Call me strange but I expect I would run away if I felt a cold nose up my butt. :ack: Maybe you men in Philly are different? :p

Ron, you gotta be dying to get your car. Perhaps we should start an email campaign to Caterham UK urging Ben and Jon to burn the midnight oil. The biggest issue will be working out the timing of shipping. I used Straight Roads Transport (Gary) http://www.scottsdalecorvettes.com/Straightraods/straight_roads.htm. I'd check in with them fairly early in the process.

Good Luck!!!

Karl

Edited by blubarisax

Gary delivers a car perfectly and I would recommend him with no reservations. However, he is a smaller 3 truck operation so timing can be longer/require more coordination. If urgent then he is probably not going to work. In that instance I would be looking at larger car shipping operations.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, been sitting back and hoping to send in good news, but alas its not to be. last week jon informed me of missing parts and back orderd seats. new estimate for completion is mid to end of june..reality..mid to end of july. anyway, i will try to get to njmp for one of the days, should be great fun..thanks for the heads up on shipping..ron

Hi Michael - I added you to the attendance list in post 2 of this thread. Apart from Karl who is at the Wingate, no one else has booked yet but like you the plan is to come in for Sunday night. I will do my homework on it tonight and make a booking. Both the Starlite Inn and the Motorsport Inn/Motel are somewhat sketchy.

Mike,

I'm not up for "sketchy", or by the hour;-)

The other motels or a VIP suite for 4 sound better. Count me in for which ever one the group prefers.

I also spoke with Dermot McDermott today. He is still trying to adjust his schedule to attend and would follow me up on Sunday if he can make it.

Thanks,

the Days Inn Vinland, NJ is about 14 miles away Three Stars and only $52.00 per night with 2 double beds, TV refrigerator, an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi and cable TV with HBO.

A full breakfast is available at Denny’s restaurant on-site. Modern amenities such as a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are provided in each room at this Days Inn.