Save the date - NJ/NY/PA Sevens Annual Track Day

Croc

very interested if i can confirm i will not fail the broomstick test. also concerned about never having been on a road course and years since autocross.

Putting aside my mischievous humor above, would it make better sense to start off with an intro session at one of the private member days? Intro group is about 5 sessions in the day, ride along instructors, no passing, always behind the pace car. The instructors are extremely well accredited and respected by me. He starts off slow and as the day progresses he increases the speed. Lots of classroom sessions and instructions. Takes the pressure off you because there is no passing so you do not worry about holding people up. $195 for the day including breakfast/lunch and all refreshments (except beers in the bar at the end of the day).

I made the same offer to Pe7e on this forum for him to try in the coming months. I think it is the best way to I have ever seen to learn track driving - slower learning curve but it is much safer. We can also get you out as a passenger in a seven (either mine when it gets back from the shop in April or Karl's gorgeous car) so you see the lines from a seven perspective. Passengers are allowed on accredited private member days but not commercial track days unlike what Kitcat said above.

I promise I will not let you out on track with Kitcat (wild man!)

ETA - I would make the same offer to any prospective seven track candidate just so you start off the right way. Tom and I saw how bad some track day instruction can be at an event last year when some wrong lines were being taught which had some unfortunate results.

Edited by Croc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working hard to try to get something in writing so I can send the dates out for LTW. Trust me I am frustrated with the lack of response from NJMP, but we are asking for a bit more than they are used to. I hate not being able to send out the dates, but hopefully we will get something locked down this week or next.

Count me in for NJMP. The car is almost back together after a few weeks of wrestling with the alternator.

Are there any plans for a sevens outing to Lime Rock? – I’m looking for an excuse to visit the track

Ok, I'll start the list to note those who plan to attend.

DRIVING

1) Croc

2) Yellowss7

3) Bluebarisax

4) Kitcat

5) JBH

6) bball7754

7) Sabbot

8) Redgoose

SPECTATING

1) CrewsT

2) Jeffs

3) S1Steve

4) Al Navarro?

Maybes

1) EvilRome0

2) Jeffs

3) Pe7e

4) Paul

5)Jvbtte

Ok here's the list updated. Obvioulsy there are alot more potential participants out there. Redgoose,Michael D., Stig, Jbvtte, Box, DaveD, Scott L. Come on boys throw your hats in the ring. Or are you Chicken.:boxing:

Edited by yellowss7

Putting aside my mischievous humor above, would it make better sense to start off with an intro session at one of the private member days? Intro group is about 5 sessions in the day, ride along instructors, no passing, always behind the pace car. The instructors are extremely well accredited and respected by me. He starts off slow and as the day progresses he increases the speed. Lots of classroom sessions and instructions. Takes the pressure off you because there is no passing so you do not worry about holding people up. $195 for the day including breakfast/lunch and all refreshments (except beers in the bar at the end of the day).

I made the same offer to Pe7e on this forum for him to try in the coming months. I think it is the best way to I have ever seen to learn track driving - slower learning curve but it is much safer. We can also get you out as a passenger in a seven (either mine when it gets back from the shop in April or Karl's gorgeous car) so you see the lines from a seven perspective. Passengers are allowed on accredited private member days but not commercial track days unlike what Kitcat said above.

I promise I will not let you out on track with Kitcat (wild man!)

ETA - I would make the same offer to any prospective seven track candidate just so you start off the right way. Tom and I saw how bad some track day instruction can be at an event last year when some wrong lines were being taught which had some unfortunate results.

this sounds very interesting. are there any of such days/events scheduled?

I thought the decision to be made was between the new LTW group and Trackdaze? Nova indicates that LTW hopes to have dates in the next week or two.

I'm fine either way, just wasn't sure that a decision had been made.

Steve

I thought the decision to be made was between the new LTW group and Trackdaze?

Sorry Steve - I was offerring intro sessions at NJMP for those who have not been on track before. The idea is to get those seveners who have not tried out their cars on track before to get a safer approach to starting off. This does not impact the original purpose of this post - decide on a date for the June Sevens track day which seems to be settling on TrackDaze given the frustrations I know Greg (Nova) has sadly been having trying to put together a good program. Sorry if I confused you.

OK, I just signed up w/TrackDaze. Kinda a PITA, some sites are user-friendly, others, like this one not so much. And much hassle w/paypal. Oh well, I am registered at least.

BTW, # 7 and 77 are taken as is # 1(For wh/I humbly settled). Why is # imp? Because if it is rejected and you add a new one, there are certain boxes that must be re-checked. Round and around we go....

I signed up for the Intermediate group.

I will rent one of the track side "suites" and stay right there. For folks who havent been there, the 'suites' are very basic, not close to H Inn quality, but have the advantage of being there (hard to oversleep). Typically gas and race gas is available onsite as well.

There is tons of pull-thru trailer parking space and typically we get a coupla garages to park our se7ens in over nite.

Tom, will the track clubhouse be open for dinners?

Edited by Kitcat

Tom, will the track clubhouse be open for dinners?

Should be open on the Friday and Saturday night given they are always booked out on weekend days. Will need to confirm this closer to the date.

And I am not mounting a horse this time - someone elses turn to look silly :jester:

Mike, as Croc said, it will be open Friday, Sat and most likely Sunday night as well. Dinner at the Clubhouse will be ideal, as most of us will likely stay overnight at the trackside suites and not having to drive after a few is always a plus.

Only downside is the lack of the Saddlehorse, but I'll Check with Brad the GM to see if he can arrange an appropriate substitute. :grouphug::jester:

Tom

I'll Check with Brad the GM to see if he can arrange an appropriate substitute. :grouphug::jester:

I could handle the lovely brunette behind the bar - she's lovely. :drool:

Good to here from you Ron!:seeya: Can't wait to hear the 2 liter Duratec R500 screaming down the main straight. I still think your car sounds the best. :cooldude:

Attendance at this year's event is shaping up nicely. We have a legitimate shot at 12 to 15 cars this year. Let's go guys, don't miss this one. :party:

Tom