My Kingdom for a Trailer

xcarguy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike (Kitcat),

Agree in all points. Crisscross tie down; end of story . . . Period. I use the rear wheels and the area where the lower spindle/lower A-arm connect). I check the load early out if the gate and at every stop afterward.

Eating crow while I type. Will someone please pass the salt? :willy_nilly: My Folks came in this weekend to play with the grand kids. My Dad, who owned his own small trucking company for 40 plus years (two trucks, two drivers--he was one of them . . . said it was small) said to cross the rears and not the fronts . . . . and to use the wheels as anchor points. I went with his suggestion/advise. We loaded the car in the trailer (yes, fellas, everything was tied down) and took it out for a thirty-mile tow with no issues. Here are a few photos. Croc, please notice the wheels . . . and please, no trashy trailer talk. :toetap05:

. . . . . . :cheers:

Very Nice.... Hope you child is feeling better, and you are still planning to shoot east.

There's a few things about this trailer I'm not pleased with. My list....

No sofa

No fridge

No flat screen

No stripper pole....... LOL Just kidding...

. . . . this trailer . . . . I'm not pleased with . . . No stripper pole....... LOL Just kidding...

Steve,

The stripper pole would have pushed me over the top on budget, and adding it would have only invited more trashy trailer talk. Enough rumors already abound. :jester:

Daughter is progressing along nicely. I'm still pushing ahead for NJMP. Just waiting on a release from the picc line.

Oh well, back to waxing; if it works for slicks, it has to be good for the trailer tires. :smilielol5:

Edited by xcarguy

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I thought since I started this thread, I’d report back after the maiden voyage of the new trailer which consisted of four days of towing and almost 3,000 mi without a single problem. This was my first experience towing an enclosed trailer, so, before leaving for the northeast NJMP event, I did a couple of tow test hops around the bypass with the Storker loaded, just to get a feel for it and to see if any unforeseen issues might arise. Over the four day trek, the trailer towed very well with no need of a load leveler hitch or anti sway devise. Brad with RPM Trailer Sales (inTech’s largest dealer) told me I would not need these with this trailer. I was skeptical, but now I’m a believer. With the Tundra’s tow package, and once on the open road with a few miles under my belt, it was easy to forget the trailer was behind me. And semi’s were never an issue.

In a general sense, my experience with RPM Trailer Sales and inTech was exceptional with every concern addressed, every question answered promptly and every deadline met. The planning, building, purchasing and delivery process from beginning to end was very professional to say the least. With hindsight being 20/20, I have absolutely no regrets with having purchased an all-aluminum trailer, nor do I regret opting for a 8.5 x 20 with a seven foot ceiling. Once at the track and set up, it was nice to have the room. If I were going to spec and order a new trailer tomorrow, the only thing I’d do different is have additional L-track (also known as airline track) installed at key locations to simply make the trailer more versatile.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in on this thread and offered up their advice.

:cheers:

• 1 year later...