-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5490_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5496_edited-1.jpg The cars from front to back are - Karl's R400+100, Steve's S1 and my CSR Superlight. I did not get a pic of Stewart's cross flow....must be getting old and distracted. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5488_edited-1.jpg There is a story about the next pic. I had placed an order for a new carbon cam cover. Magically I discovered that my order had been accidentally sent out to someone else in my neighborhood. So I have to wait for them to make a new one. In the meantime admire my cam cover on Karl's car! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5487_edited-1.jpg The drive was excellent. Got a little lost towards the end and somehow being at the back of the daisy chain ended up at the front back at the Ship Inn. Karl demonstrated he could out run Steve in the Zetec S1 (I would be worried if he could not). Steve resorted to " paddling" at one point to keep ahead of me. Meanwhile I was just marvelling in how composed the CSR was on rough roads and how it became an intercontinental ballistic missile over 3000 rpm. Great day out. Looking forward to the June 12 Bruce Bowker Sevens Run.
-
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5492_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5493_edited-1.jpg
-
Well the Fish & Chip Run happened today. Perfect weather - sunny, blue skies, 70 degrees. 5 sevens made it - Karl's R400 +100, Steve's S1, Stewarts Crossflow, Bill Thomas' 40th anniversary, and my new little one. We also got Jack along as his car is off the road mid gearbox transplant. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5491_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5500_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5494_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/May%202011/DSC_5497_edited-1.jpg
-
And run it competitively? Or just fish people and their cars out of the greenery?
-
Yes Bruce. I think you have been in Bonaire too long - come home. The local Cars & Croissants in Chatham NJ gets one of these coming along from time to time. The selection in NJ is not as good as the one in VA though...lovely pics. And a pretty nice pic of a Birkin SV (or was it a bathtub?) and a Caterham. :jester: (Hi John!!!)
-
Jack vB will also be attending in passenger mode as he is still fitting Karl's old 6 speed Cat box to his car. Weather is perfect - will be a good turnout
-
Thats ok...I guess you will still be hung over and unable to attend the Fish & Chip Run tomorrow? :jester:
-
Very nice video find. Not much runoff in places if you decide to have an "off" moment. Still I love the elevation and the way it flows with this.
-
I found Pilotis' did not work with my wide clodhoppers with a narrow heel and I ended up with Pikolinos driving moccaisons (sp?) and another pair of driving moccaison from the chain Johnston & Murphy. The Pikolinos are little more than a leather slipper. Both work nicely and are decent looking enough to be ok in a business casual office.
-
Just checked the weather and it will be sunny and in the low to mid-70s for both Saturday and Sunday this weekend - perfect for our cars! We have 4 confirmed: Karl Steve Stewart Me I have confidence there will be another 1 or 2 that turn up unannounced. I wonder if we can get Tom's garage queen out for a run? :jester: I plan to get there a little early (say 10.30-11.00 area) and be at Tinicum Park taking some photos in a nice setting and then run over to the Milford NJ group meeting place opposite the Ship Inn. This is the park where we had our group pic last year for the 2010 PA/NJ/NY Sevens Blat. Karl - photoshoot time for your beast?
-
Go looking for the Kancamagus Highway in NH. Plenty of other roads which are spectacularly suited to a seven. It is a gorgeous part of the US.
-
June 11 is a good date. Hopefully good weather too!
-
While nifty pieces of gear you cannot drive with the bottom half on. I had a chat about these with Nick at SBFS. I was hoping you could.
-
Jude has the hoodsticks and the sidescreens but just needs the actual top and, while not essential, the hood bag. Are the pockets for a regular s-type seat or a tillet shell seat? I think the pockets will be for the Tillets as that is the only type I recall Caterham making.
-
Guess what happens when the car ahead blows an engine!
Croc replied to snookwheel's topic in Autocrossing
LOL - Now FTD makes more sense to me. I had completely different visions up until you put a picture there. -
The stars are slowly aligning in my favor. My CSR is in NJ but I am in Arizona until Friday. So I definitely plan to be there on Saturday to liven up proceedings. So will anyone else definitely be there or will I be playing with myself?
-
The bigger headlights of the Caterham do give it a look :jester:
-
Guess what happens when the car ahead blows an engine!
Croc replied to snookwheel's topic in Autocrossing
Ok...dumb question time from me....what is a lagrand? I guess it is a Buick of some evil handling description? :leaving: -
Guess what happens when the car ahead blows an engine!
Croc replied to snookwheel's topic in Autocrossing
Yeah yeah....blame it on the oil. I bet it was from the overabundance of talent :jester: -
Count me in. Definitely there for Monday and quite possibly Tuesday assuming I can escape work and have not lunched the car by then. I definitely plan to stay there Sunday and probably Monday night to make it a social event.
-
I am with Karl, give Robert a call or go onto Lotus Talk and email him there. He is a great guy. his big issue with numbers is trying to help the Ship Inn out with a buffet lunch numbers. He will not have a problem with a car turning up and not having lunch. I hope to see you and Karl there. More chance of seeing you there!
-
Cross posted from Britishspeed This year's event will be on Sunday, May 1st. We will meet at our usual spot at the municipal lot in the center of Milford N.J. at 12:00 pm (noon). After a scenic drive, we will return to the lot and walk across the street to The Ship Inn (http://www.shipinn.com/) to sample some of the excellent British cuisine. I have invited some special guests from literally around the world to attend this year's event - Abraham Reyes and Malcolm Barnett. Malcolm, who is traveling all the way from the UK to take part in the event, is a former Lotus engineer who worked on the SC Elise/ Exige program and also lead the Lotus Sport USA program. Last year featured a PA drive so this time it will be a NJ side run depending on how the roads made it through the winter. Please RSVP to me via BRG website no later than April 18th (so I can get a good head count for the restaurant). I'll need to know how many will be attending, if you'll be joining us on the drive and if you intend on dining with us. http://britishracinggroup.com/events/fc/Fish_and_chips/Fish_and_Chips_2010_files/FishchipdriveMay2010panorama Because of the guests coming from outside the region this year, this will be a rain or shine event. If the weather turns bad, we will simply eliminate the drive but the meal will occur regardless. All the best, Robert President, British Racing Group, LLC & Lotus Garage www.britishracinggroup.com / www.lotusgarage.com http://www.shop.britishracinggroup.com/May-1-2011-British-Racing-Group-Fish-and-Chips-Run-7-BRG-FCR7.htm _______________________ While it says event registration is closed I am sure Robert will not mind the odd extra seven turning up. He owes me a small favor since the images on his website were taken by me (although I am no where near Mopho standard!) This event has been excellent for the past few years I have attended and always gets a good crowd from LEO/PAL groups plus odd misfits like me. Definitely worth the drive out there. I am hoping my car will be in NJ by then - due to be delivered next week - delayed as it was held up by 2 slow Bugattis (figures!) which were to be shipped from Denver out of NJ port heading to NZ.
-
No affiliation or link to seller, etc. Looks really nice - lovely color scheme http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/lotus/unspecified/1168798.html http://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/6673162-425-0.jpg?rev=1 1962 LOTUS SUPER SEVEN SERIES # SB1539 Proper 1340cc Ford with Ford 4 speed Denny Hunt dennyhunt@sbcglobal.net 214-908-8975 This is a great looking car that runs great and always starts. The car has a brushed alluminum body with red wings. It turns heads everywhere I drive it. The car appears very original in spite of many upgrades. I have not raced the car although the previous owner did some vintage car racing. My wife and I have just enjoyed driving it around the neighborhood. It does have nthe steering wheel on the left which is nice for the U.S. I had a 4" matching red cushion made for the drivers seat so that my wife can reach the pedals. I have not done anything to the car in the 13 years that I have owned it. The previous owner gave me a list of work he did to improve the car's performance. Drive shaft replaced Fuel pump replaced Shift linkage refreshed 1/2" wheel studs installed front and rear Steering rack boots replaced Carburator rejetted & adjusted Wing protectors and piping added Master cut off swich added SIMPSON 5 point harness added Roll bar Additions- sides and center Oil pan baffling added Grade 8 suspension hardware added throughout Front end allignment Rev limiter added Vented alluminum valve cover added Catch tanks added Rear shocks replaced with SPAX ADJUSTABLE Oil cooler with remote filter added Rear axle bearings replaced Radiator rebuilt Engine refreshed: new pistons & rings Racing fuel cell Panasport type wheels The original spedometer is disconnected and shows 7.6 kilometers. $24,000 214-908-8975
