-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
The winging my way home comes later today. I am uploading pics to photobucket as I type this. It was a brilliant day - I think Skip paid off a rain god somewhere and then led us (ok...lets call it disppearing) up a canyon with these great twisties and spectacular scenery. As for the car ... wow! I will make a separate post once I get the photos online.
-
Tom, the Brooklands looks great - nice classic chromey look. Having seen Skip's mirrors on his car in person today I think they are identical to what you have. I know its off topic so sorry in advance, but what cam set up did you get? I am curious to see if my Superfat rear end will come out nice and clear in high definition and color as I go screaming past you with me squealing like a little girl behind the wheel :jester:
-
Yes, I experimented with this. For each S3 Tillet - up to a size 34-35 inch waist is comfortable max. CSR Carbon Tillet - up to a size 38 inch waist is comfortable max although you could argue a 40 could squeeze in depending on body shape. SV regular road seat - No idea but it takes big guys like Blubarisax and myself comfortably!
-
I like to think of the S3 vs SV difference in terms of jean size - muffin top or no muffin top! Seriously, I like having the extra pedal box room plus the extra elbow room is nice.
-
Cool road off the Central Calif. coast road
Croc replied to locost7018's topic in General Sevens Discussion
A free site for good roads that is not as populated as the Pashnit site, that I use is: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html Some of the finds in NJ/NY/PA have been excellent. -
Yep...know that feeling....he could have been quoting me! :rofl: I guess it is the same a world over when you bingle the corner of something expensive.
-
True...but I am sure you had some skidmarks? :rofl:
-
Damn...I see you worked out your retro cam cover weighed a ton like I was hoping. Thats one small advantage I just lost! :toetap05: Seriously for a moment, I cannot recall the exact spec. There was an oil breather - no idea on size though. I am travelling this week and next with the paperwork I need to check. Also until we get side by side to check each others out, I am thinking there possibly may be a difference in the configurations that I have compared with yours just because we sourced them at different times and from different channels (Cosworth UK vs USA).
-
Did anyone else see this? http://www.topspeed.com/cars/caterham/index259.html http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201102/irmscher-i-selectra-2_460x0w.jpg 2011 Irmscher i SELECTRA German firm, Irmscher, is coming to the Geneva Motor Show with a peculiar concept car that it’s tagging as the ‘I SELECTRA’. Now if you’re wondering if the concept looks remarkably similar to a Caterham 7, it’s because it actually is one. Or was one, depending on how you see it. See, before putting their touches on the concept, the German tuner went out and stripped down a Caterham 7 and then fitted it with its own electric powertrain. We don’t really know whether to be flattered or disappointed on Irmscher’s decision to completely undress a car as iconic as a 7, but that’s an issue for another time. What we do have is a car that does have the power to make the Caterham 7 proud, especially since it achieves those numbers by using an electric motor, which is always a good thing given the growing paradigm shift towards eco-friendly vehicles.
-
What time Jon? I will see if I can escape the office at the right time.
-
Karl - can non-PCA people attend the Pocono Raceway event? Any more details? You got me thinking....
-
Fish and Chip Run is Sunday May 1. Begins at Milford NJ and ends up at lunch at Ship inn. Always a good event run by Robert (Wallabyguy on LotusTalk). Mostly a LEO Group crowd. I hope Robert brings a Toniq or a KTM xbow to check out (he runs the company that imports them). Atwell stepped down from active LEO organization for family reasons - I hope it all goes well for him and his family. I am sure Bruce will pop up shortly with his time in June for the "Bowker Annual Sevens Run". Of course around April 2, Skip has organized a Denver Sevens group run for me in Denver to run in the CSR Superfatty. Canyon carving is apparently de rigueur on such events. However, what I really want to know is when the next Boxologist incident is scheduled for? The seven is off the road, the miata is close to it, but the Subie is back on the road with an impressive WRX turbo setup to help Jon be a misguided missile.
-
I think Tom is referring to this: http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=3473 or this: http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=303 Then again he is from Philly so he could be referring to this: http://www.chanel.com/ :jester:
-
Just got back from my 180 mile run. Started instantly - no issues. Took the car north along the Hudson River, then under the George Washington Bridge at Henry Hudson Drive and kept going up to Newburgh across the river and then south. I got to go through my favorite tunnel on Rt 9 (three times! ) before crossing the Hudson again and finding my way onto Seven Lakes Drive - going up and back just to enjoy the road. I had the road to myself, lakes were still iced up, potholes not too bad, even a wave from a friendly policeman. The sitting in the cockpit of a seven in the sunshine is a nice cosy place on a cool spring day like today.
-
:rofl: Sorry I could not make it Tom - the boss was in at work. Looks like you and Steve hacked your way to a solution without my expertise. I guess the angle grinder did not need to make an appearance!
-
Here is the Blatchat discussion: http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=199395 Having read the Motoman link within the Blatchat discussion, I think I am a fan of the "rev the tits off the mother" approach to running in a new engine. Also given my first shakedown drive will be a weekend in Denver prowling with the Denver Seven enthusiasts, I dont think pussyfooting is allowed... A nice early oil change should clean up all the swarf that comes off in the first few hundred miles.
-
I have a drill to bring to the party! Where would you like me to drill? If you are concerned about possible incompetence there then I can always stand around and look pretty while heckling you and Steve! Being serious for a moment - what is the height increase between regular and high bar? About 2 inches or so?
-
Yes they are stuck with worthless debt. The equity and bondholders will take a pretty steep haircut. Their issue really comes from the lack of sufficient revenue from the money invested to build the place. Not only was it planned to be a motor racing facility but real estate development was the key to adding sufficient revenue/cahs flow to pay down the debt in the original business plans from the circuit development. I am expecting that the the creditors will be realistic and take a haircut as if it goes out of business then there is no money to anybody. Liquidation is a scorched earth option where no one will come out with any money other than the savvy person who will buy it at a firesale price.
-
I have one that I bought last year in a motoring memorabilia place in the London suburbs for $10. It needs a clean but it is the same badge done in black background with polished letters. They (supposedly) originally came from a Cosworth Escort. This will be confirmed by Alaskossie as I think he has one of these.... Until I saw the pics I had not thought of using it in this application. Maybe try Ebay UK to see what they have for sale.
-
Tom - It did not have to be too thick to persuade me! In a similar approach to Karl, I was originally looking at a retro approach - a BDA-lookalike cover. I know the Zetec has these available but I never found one for the Duratec. So I went for the next best thing - Reverie. That photo of your engine bay looks awesome. I was worried I have too much bling. This confirms it is not possible!
-
Ok I was brain dead this morning - I typed 2L when I should have typed 2.3L. Either way it is moot as others with S3's have popped up to say they shoehorned the mother in there. Separately though I do recall Dick Brink telling me 2 years back that a Birkin will not take a 2.3L as it is too tall. I guess a Birkin is more svelte than an S3?
-
Its just Chapter 11 debt restructuring. The loan on the townhouse/rental accommodation was not being serviced as there were no cashflow from the units like they expected/hoped for. Give them a few months and they will be out of it. We may have to pay a little extra for the cheap accommodation on our track day but the circuit, its employees and operations should be unharmed.
