-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Again,if that's the only bolt you are missing, seriously, don't sweat it. Trust me, The wing won't fall off. Tom
-
Ok, no problem. but like I said, snug the others up tight and that might work. bTW, are you using the black welting between the wing and the body? That should fill any gaps and stop the squeaking. Tom
-
Here's a pic from my build. If you look real closely, you can see the small silver colored rivenuts in the skin where the wing attaches. Tomhttp://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1231750467_diff install.jpg
-
David, the rivenuts are in the sideskin and the bolts screw into them. (however, could they could have been ripped out by the previous owner and never replaced???)
-
On my 2000 Caterham, the rear wing fasteners are all the same all the way around the wing. They go into rivenuts in the side skin. Except for 3 that go into the boot and those have washers on both sides with nylocs. If I remember correctly they were M5x20 bolts. I've replaced my steel ones with nylon ones. I only use 3 or 4 bolts to hold on the wings I use for autoxing. If they are tighened, they hold the wing on very securely, and if I hit a cone, they nylon bolts break off and do not damage the rivenuts or sideskin. If you're only missing a couple of bolts, check that the others are snugged up. Tom
-
As the Pound had dropped some 25% against the $
yellowss7 replied to DB6's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Curious. When I tried to look that site up last week, I got a notice that it had expired and that they had not renewed the site. Nice to see that it is back up. Price is still too high. Guess I better start sanding. :ack: Tom -
As the Pound had dropped some 25% against the $
yellowss7 replied to DB6's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Yeah, I'd like to buy a new right rear wing, and the UK price is 84 pounds. That's roughly about $132 US. Too bad the shipping would be prohibitive. I paid $200 a couple of years ago for one from a US dealer. No one seems to posts a price list anymore. Tom -
Post your FAVORITE PHOTO of your 7.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Morgan, I really like that last photo of your car!!! The lighting is awesome. I still can't believe that Al sold that car. Tom -
Anti freeze for drivers. 7 clothing.
yellowss7 replied to ottocycle's topic in General Sevens Discussion
UnderArmor is a good start. Then you want something with a windstopper lining, NorthFace make a few lightweight shells that aren't bulky. If you're not wearing a helmet, then a good neoprene full face mask that skiers use will complete your totally ridiculous look. If you're out in today's crazy weather in the Northeast, you are nutz! Tom -
Post your FAVORITE PHOTO of your 7.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Looks like we have the makings of a nice calendar! Surely there are some 7 and snow pics out there. Tom -
Post your FAVORITE PHOTO of your 7.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1992281976_warminster wide angle.jpg At one of the Autoxes this summer a guy came up and asked if he could shoot my 7. I think he did pretty well at capturing its essence. Tom -
And another vote for Suede. I have a 280mm Momo model #28 wheel in Suede. Tom
-
Hi Dean, Slow tow is right on. I probalby won't do much over 60mph. I'm in no hurry. I looked at the agenda and registration is open from noon until 6pm on Thursday. With a BBQ at 6:45pm. I'd like to get there mid afternoon, say around 3 or so. From Philly the google Maps route is 873 miles and estimates 14 hours of driving. I think that is way too optimistic. More like 16-18 hours driving, plus lunch breaks and gas fill ups. I would probably start out real early to get past DC Before the AM Rush Hour. The drive until we tired out. Find a hotel. Dinner. And start out early again on Thursday AM. Thursday looks like an early arrival day with no real activities, just a chance to get the lay of the land. Never been there but google maps route is: 7.Merge onto I-95 S/US-202 S via the ramp to Baltimore Continue to follow I-95 S Partial toll road Entering Maryland 98.3 mi 8. Take exit 27 for I-495 W toward Silver Spring/Bethesda 0.6 mi 9. Keep right at the fork to continue toward I-495 N and merge onto I-495 N Entering Virginia 22.1 mi 10. Take exit 49 to merge onto I-66 W toward Front Royal/Manassas 64.4 mi 11. Take exit 1A to merge onto I-81 S toward Roanoke Entering Tennessee 377 mi 12. Merge onto I-40 W 27.8 mi Take exit 393 to merge onto I-640 W/US-25W N toward Lexington/I-75 Continue to follow I-640 W 10.6 mi 14. Take the exit onto I-40 W/I-75 S toward Chattanooga/I-40 W Continue to follow I-75 S 100 mi 15. Take exit 2 to merge onto I-24 W toward Chattanooga Entering Georgia 17.3 mi 16. Take exit 167 on the left to merge onto I-59 S toward Birmingham Entering Alabama 124 mi 17. Take exit 137 on the left to merge onto I-459 S toward Montgomery/Tuscaloosa 13.0 mi 18. Take exit 19 for US-280 W 0.5 mi 19. Merge onto AL-280/AL-38 0.7 mi 20. Turn left at Dolly Ridge Rd 59 ft 21. Continue on Cahaba River Rd If anyone can recommend a better route, I'd be interested. Thanks Tom
-
Not having weather gear, an open transport is not a viable option for me. Right now it's me, Steve, Al? and possibly Ian. Hey Box??? That's 3-4 I'll make a few calls next week to see what they have to say. Tom
-
Ian, I can look into transport costs. I know a buddy of mine just moved to St. Simon Island Ga, and it cost him around $1000.oo one way to have his car transported. Ok it was a Poker, so maybe they hammered him. I calculate approx. 1800 miles round trip, figure 10-13 mpg, gas at around $1.70-$2.00 a gallon. That's around $250-$350 for gas. Unless they give us a really good group discount I doubt that it would be cost effective. IMHO But then again I could be wrong. I'll make a call once we see how many are interested. Keep those good ideas coming. Tom
-
Ok, I know it's still early, but this event looks like it might be a worth while adventure. Dates are May 28th thru June 1, 2009 in Birmingham, Alabama. See Here If there is interest, I'd be willing to coordinate a trip plan for those who would like to take a leisurely trip down. I figure the 14 hour trip could be done in two days, as I don't think my butt or brain could tow for 14-15 hours straight. For those of you in the area, If you would be interested in making the trip in a group. Please post your interest in a reply to this thread. Once I know who's interested I wil coordinate a planning session. Tom
-
Ok, I know it's still early, but this event looks like it might be a worth while adventure. Dates are May 28th thru June 1, 2009 in Birmingham, Alabama. See Here If there is interest, I'd be willing to coordinate a trip plan for those who would like to take a leisurely trip down. I figure the 14 hour trip could be done in two days, as I don't think my butt or brain could tow for 14-15 hours straight. For those of you in the area, If you would be interested in making the trip in a group. Please post your interest in a reply to this thread. Once I know who's interested I wil coordinate a planning session. Tom
-
New car, Really?:hurray: I think I coul be persuded to do some leg work. However, I don't drive fast when towing, so it will definately be a two full day trip for me. I'll set up a thread to gauge interest level, then we can go off line to figure out the details. Sound like a plan? Tom
-
Any chance that there will be laps on the Barber Motorsport track? Tom
-
Shhhhhhh!!! Looks like Somebody might be getting a Christmas present.:party:
-
Looks like we've got ourselves a convoy! :d Steve, let's talk as the Log info firms up. Maybe our fearless leader here can reserve some primo trailer parking spaces for us Se7eners. Right John? Tom Hey John, can you get me a ride in a 23B too? I've always wanted one. I'd like to see if I fit. Tom
-
Thanks Ian. I bow to your superior Posterior. I think that I'll stick to a nice leisurely drive pulling the 7 along. It would be fun to follow a few other sevens down, but I think my Hearing and body would be toast after 2 days of the battering. Remember, without the doors the wind really beats you up at speed. And I don't want to look like a total geek by wearing my helmet. :jester: Tom
-
So are Caterhams welcome and allowed to play along with the "real" Loti? Seeing a vintage race of old Lotuses should be worth the trip in itself. I just hate the thought of Towing the trailer for 2 days one way. :ack: :ack: Tom
-
I have a buddy who imported a Jag SS100 from the UK and has another car waiting to turn 25 years old before it comes over too. I can get the info from him if someone is serious. But Forget the 7 and 6 on the site, the car to have is the 23B.:thumbs: My wife is always asking me for hints. I think I'll send her the email link. I may need to put another lift in the garage too:d Tom
-
Where did it go??? I've been trying to find it all day. :cuss: Tom
