Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. That's not the whole story, it gets better. I had posted on BlatChat, the UK Lotus 7 club site, that I was arriving in London prior to departing on a cruise and wanted to get out the the Factory in Dartford, so I asked what the best way to get there was. A fellow BlatChatter, volunteered to pick me up at the Marriot Heathrow and take me out to the Factory in his new 599 Ferrari. Well he showed up but it was in his other Ferrari, a Red 328GTS with the top off. Drive takes 2 hours one way due to traffic, Had great conversations, Spend 20 minutes in the parts department, pick up $200 worth of spare parts, (unfortuntely, not enough room in the Ferrari to bring back a new Duratec) Then an hour plus drive back. Nice guy. Totally car nuts. Reason he didn't take the 599 was that he had put 6000 mile on it in 12 weeks and Had it on the market to sell as he has a new one coming as well as a new California Sypder too. Se7en owners are the Best!!!
  2. Just got back from vacation and had a chance to get out to the Caterham factory. Anyone order a metallic blue CSR??? If so its coming along nicely. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/204844254_caterham factory csr.JPG http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/2136951089_caterham factory.JPG
  3. This one pecked a hole in the tree out back last year. Is this a Mexican or Canadian woodpecker? It sure was big and loud. Tom http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1068825575_1.jpg
  4. A side hit at 50 eh? I'm no engineer, but you might have trouble surviving in any car much less a 7. Direct Side hits in a seven will not be pretty regardless of the size of the car/truck/suv. As for rear hits at speed...??? not much crush area behind you. Better hope your foot is off the brake and their is no one infront of you. Sorry for the pessimism, but jack the car up and look at the diameter of the chassis tubes. If you're talking about putting a full cage on, you probalby gain some protection, but you better be wearing a helmet, and have good padding on the bars. Just my two cents. Tom
  5. I'm a traditionalist where the 7 is concerned. I like the old british car look, but with blazing performance that no one expects from a little 1.8liter 4. With all due respect for your little V8. I can't handle the 196bhp I have, let alone the 400+ you have. But it is sevenque, so I will consider it an ugly brother. Tom
  6. I agree with Mazda. Doesn't do anything for me. Front end is butt ugly. Looks like a PT Cruiser. Tom edit, maybe I don't agree with Mazda, I wouldn't build that, ever. Tom
  7. My Caterham speedo gave up the ghost after 582 miles, 8 years ago. I fitted a bike speedo that performs well. But last week I finally got around to fixing the stock one, and found that although the quill that fits into the right angle drive was not broken, it did not turn the right angle drive. Fitted a new quill and presto, the speedo works. (quill was about $3) Can't see much difference between the old and new quill, but possibly the old quill was worn a bit? We'll see how long this one lasts. The Caterham speedo is notoriously prone to failure. Tom
  8. So explain to me again how you have a rear weight bias??? I think my original weight guess is looking good. Tom
  9. I have a 2000 Caterham Superlight #123. There are plenty of classes for other cars to run in, depending on the state of mods that have been done. There are even a number of street tire classes. Seven's unfortunately by their very nature are too capable/fast so the SCCA forces 7's into the Modified class, where almost anything goes. My Caterham is bone stock, same springs shocks etc. that it comes with from the factory. However, tires are the difference, in Mod, you can run full slicks. That's where the biggest difference would be. That being said, I ran street tires for the first several years, and its still fun. It's really about driving your car to the best of your ability first, then beating the competition/clock second. We have some very good instructors who would be glad to ride with you to help you improve. Come on out, Have fun, and drive your car. :7fume: Tom
  10. CrewsT, yes I'm at almost all the events, with the exception of the next one due to vacation. EvilRome0 has been there this year as well as an original seriers IV and a 62 series II. Still waiting for Steve and a couple other local guys to make it this year. I'll send you a reminder for the next one. Tom
  11. Crewst-SPS00014 wrote: How about you S1 drivers bringing them out to a Philly Region Autox? Or are they too pretty to run? :d Tom
  12. Ok Jon, so did you move up to slicks or are you doing it with superior driving? Tom As for Roman, I talked to one of the instructors who drove your car and he said your car was a handful to drive. Maybe wider tires in the rear, lower it a bit, adjust the rake, etc. Do one thing at a time and the cheapest first. Tom
  13. Ok, it's up now. Thanks Mazda. Patience is not one of my virtues. Tom
  14. Here's one of my runs from Sunday's Philly Region Autox in Warmnister, Pa. Seems like I'm still coasting and not using the loud pedal to the fullest extent. Sooner or later I'll get this thing down. Tom
  15. Just previewed my video from sunday's Philly Region Autox. Seem to have a few blips from the camera/tape. I'll edit and Upload shortly. Still no confession yet from the accused party??? Is he in hiding? Tom
  16. Jon, just got wind that you have competition on this forum for the most cones/timeing box hits in a single event. However, the new champ has the distinction of getting booted from the event for putting all four wheels on the grass!!!:ack: :eek: or so I heard. :leaving: I shall let the guilty party confess themself. (or give some lame excuse.) :d. Tom
  17. Nice color! What motor are you going with? And why have the dealer build it? Caterhams are pretty easy to build. Other than the bag of fasteners marked Miscellaneous it is basically like putting together a model. Just follow the directions. Seriously! Best of luck with it. Tom
  18. Al Navarro wrote: Write in for "Tits!"? Seconded!! :flag: Tom
  19. Sevenitis The Obsession
  20. Thanks, Mazda, but I like my eyeballs right where they are now. I'd have to get my prescription changed if they got pushed further back. Tom
  21. Use Lead rivets!!! I still need you to add a few pounds. Tom
  22. Alaskossie wrote: Ditto!!! Tom
  23. I actually felt bad for the guy. He surely paid dearly for a real Skyline. Not to mention the registration process. Now he is facing a serious rebuild. I doubt if those engine parts are available at your local Nissan dealer. Tom
  24. Driving home tonight, a kid in an old right hand drive Skyline R33 pulls up along side me at a light. Blue oily smoke coming heavly out of the exhaust. That's gonna cost him dearly. :ack: For some reason he didn't want to give me a go at the light. Tom
  25. Mazda, will this be a wet weight with fluids? 1650 will give you a really nice P/W ratio. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...