Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Maybe he's a Silent Partner.:rofl:
  2. I made it up. Tom I just figure that most of the protest crap is based on people who don't want something in their backyard. Give them real value, and most will get on board, hell, you might have fights on where to put it. Just think of the value that would be added to your home when trying to sell it. Yeah, the carpets are shot but, it comes with free electricity. And there's that lovely glow in the evening. Tom
  3. Mondo for President!!!!! To increase the use of nuclear power, I propose that every household within a 25 mile radius gets free electricity for life. That should eliminate the "not in my backyard issue" Keep it going, lets take the US back from the knuckleheads. :_deadhorse: Tom
  4. I didn't include the top in my order as I figured I'd never be able to get it with it on. I did like Jon's. (Boxologist) I think it is a Soft bits for Sevens design. It has velcroed sections that you can peel back when the top is up and just step in. Pretty neat design. I'm sure he'll chime in to give a more accurate description. Tom
  5. Eagles and Phillies don't play until 4pm, and next weekend is Parents weekend at my Freshman's school so no autoxing for me next week. So I jacked up the 7, switched tires and rear wings, and headed out for a nice Blat. Beautiful day!!! Very few cars out, weather was perfect! Nice to use all the gears for a change. Both Speedos now work (Caterham one and a Bike speedo I added when the Caterham one failed) so I could see what my speed was. 50mph at 3000 rpm in 6th. (Sixth is not an overdrive, it's one to one.) I can also do 50mph in 1st too. Anyone else get some seat time in today? Tom
  6. I got his Phone #, if needed. Tom
  7. Since I've had my 7, I've only seen one other 7 on the road, and that one actually pulled into the restaurant I was in so it was easy to stop and talk to the guy. Today, I'm about 1 mile from my house and coming straight at me is a 7 :7head: I tried to wave the guy down, but he kept going. A quick u turn puts me one car back. I followed him for about 5 miles before I got behind him. At a stop sign I yelled out. "I've got a 7 too, pull over" It was a Superformance S1, so in addition to Steve N. and Tim (CrewsT...) That makes 3 S1's in the Philly area. Sounds like an S1 get together is in order. Tried to get him on this site but he's a 72 year old that doesn't have a computer. Lives about 2 miles from me and has had the car for 3 years. Not as pretty as Steve's pearl orange though. Tom
  8. A few years ago, I picked my youngest daughter up at her grade school. She was in 8th grade at the time. I got there a little early and parked next to a guy in a red Ferrari Mondial. When school let out, all the kids surrounded my car, totally ignoring the Ferrari. My Daughter told me the principle asked her to tell me not to pick her up in my car again as all the kids got up to look at it while still in class. Of course I totally ignored that request. She couldn't give me detention. :blueangel: These are really special cars. Tom
  9. Caterhams use a black plastic welting that you can buy by the foot. However, when I switch to my Autox rear wings, I don't bother to put it on because if I rip the wing off, I usually lose the welting. Tom
  10. Ok here goes, Looking at the photo's I realize that my engine bay is a MESS!!! Picture 1 shows the Blue anodized Slave cylinder mounted with spacers to get the right pull lenght. Yellow bush goes into the bellhousing and slave rod protudes thru and attaches with clevis to the clutch arm. Picture 2 shows home made clevis attached to clutch arm. Picture 3 shows the Clutch master cylinder with the braided hose snaking over to the slave cylinder. Hope they help. Tom http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/829741862_P9100503.JPG http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/830312954_P9100504.JPGhttp://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/182869760_P9100502.JPG
  11. I have a LHD hydraulic clutch on my Caterham. Pretty straight forward. Master,slave, braided hose between the two. Had to make a clevis to attach the slave to the clutch arm. Let me know if you need pictures. Tom
  12. Solder guy wrote: That's just sick!:crazy: Imagine the wind trying to lift your helmet off!!!:lol: Tom
  13. Can't say that they were the worlds fastest, but I rode on track with some of the Caterham UK guys, who had R500's,or 250hp Vauxhalls, and their stack speedo's showed 147-150 down the long straight away at the Cadewell Park track. I think in a caterham you'd need 300 hp to go a little faster. Some of those UK boys are starting to hit that number with the Duratec 2.3 liter motors. Tom
  14. Just noticed that George Alderman of Mid Atlantic Caterham, has registered for this Sunday's Autox at the Boeing Plant in Ridley Park, just of I-95. Looks like he's running the orange SV that's listed on his site. If Roman finishes his repairs that will make 3 sevens in attendance. Steve, Tim, Bring out those S1's. !!! Any other Local seven owners or wanna be owners should come out. I bet George will have a for sale sign on that SV. It will be a good opportunity to get close to a couple. Tom
  15. :d :hurray: Arya, I agree. When I take mine out on the street, I feel like I'm doing a public service to the Neighborhood, Bringing smiles to all that I drive by. It's fun to watch people almost breaking their necks trying to figure out what just went by. The waves, smiles and "nice Car" shouts are almost as good a feeling as using the loud pedal. Tom
  16. I usually start with, "It's a Lotus 7" If they have a clue then I tell them it's a Caterham. Curiously, last weekend at the autox, someone asked me, "Is that a real Caterham?" Other responses "Yeah it's a kit car", again to the clueless. But then I'll spend forever talking to someone who understands what they are. Tom
  17. I love that track! I was a passenger for 4 20 minute sessions, with some really good drivers in high powered caterhams from the Lotus 7 club of the UK. 8 years later I can still recall each and every turn and elevation change. Charging downhill into the hard left hander made me realize that I lacked the testicular fortitude to be a racer. Tom
  18. No, it happened before we got there. Talking to one of the security workers, he said that it split the car open/sheared the back end off and that the driver was unconscious. Don't know anything else
  19. A neighbor gave me some tickets for today at the NJ Motorsport park, a new track in Millville NJ. Was supposed to be a nice day with the Mustang Challenge Series,Ferrari Challenge series,Skip Barber Series and the Rolex Series cars running a AM and PM sessions. Arrived at the lunch break and heard that there was a serious crash in the AM Session of a high powered Prototype. Had lunch walked around and waited. at 2:30 we found out they cancelled the rest of the days racing. Bummer. Walking around paddock, was amazing. About 25 or more 430 Ferraris in race trim. Porsches all over the place, as well as BMW's,Mustangs,and a ton of other auto porn. There are two tracks there, Thunderbolt and Lightning. they were conducting a skip barber school on the Lightning track. I think I'm going to give that a go. Looks like fun to drive one of those little formula dodges. Hope I fit in one. This might be a good place to schedule a MidAtlantic region event. Al are you a member? Tom
  20. Chet, just curious, what does your car weigh? For comparison, mine weighs 1164 pounds, and the front springs are 150#ers. I have a set of 200# ones that I haven't had the need to use yet. I'm not an engineer, and I just assembled my Caterham using the parts supplied so I'm not making any assumptions, I'm just giving you a point of comparison. Tom
  21. Guess it depends on how it's set up. EvilRome0's car seemed to be prone to oversteer at some of the first autox's he attended. On street tires I tended to use too much steering input and caused understeering. With the same set up on slicks, the car handles really neutral. Questions, what size front and rear antiroll bars are you using? What is the front to back Rake? Have you changed spring rates? I believe these can all have and impact on your handling. Tom
  22. No Al, you can drive it anytime. I usually casually mention to my fellow autoxers, that the redline is 8000 and that a replacement motor cost $20,000, so be careful. The usual arrangement is if you cause the damage you pay for it. (there are alot of knuckleheads out there that would love to drive it as hard as they can with no consequences. A joy ride so to speak. Those are the ones I discourage.) And Yeah, the cost of a simiarly spec'd K series motor is between 10-11 thousand pounds. Tom
  23. I've let 5 people drive my 7 so far. 4 were fellow autoxers who, I knew to be amoung the very best drivers in the Philly region. 3 of the 4 absoultely had no idea of how quick the car was and butchered their runs. One bested my time by 4 SECONDS!!!! We'll he was the Driver of the year in 07. but 4 seconds. I then realized that I really sucked. But even he ripped the fender off on his second run. He offered to replace it though. My rule is you break it you fix it. (20K for the motor is a good incentive for most not to want to take it out) Tom
  24. Next Philly region event is at Warminster on Sunday 8/31. Let's see if we can you Steve out in your S1's along with Roman and me. I'll try to nudge one other Caterham SV owner who lives in the area and hasn't been out in a while. Hope to see you there. Tom
  25. Superlight and Superlight R were models of the Caterham, in UK trim the Superlight was a 1.6L RoverK with around 138 hp, and the superlight R was a 1.8L Modded to around 190-200 HP. Superlights and Superlight R's came with a numbered plaque as well. Specs inclueded, carbon dash,nosecone,wings. Widetrack suspension, uprated front brakes, adjustable springs. etc Most had the 6speed and the LSD as well. Everything else was a option, Windscreen,wipers,carpets,heater, paint,etc. as they all had 'Weight" Roadsports were around 138-148 hp if I recall correctly. US speced Superlight R's had the 200hp Zetec motors. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Mine's Superlight #123 But I added the 1.8L Roverk tuned to the VHPD level of 196bhp. Tom Edit: No chassis difference, all but the classic had deDion rears.
×
×
  • Create New...