Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. No Mazda, powered tire warmers are NOT permitted under SCCA Solo regs. However, a number of guys have made homemade warmers out of heat duct insulation material. I've made a set myself, but don't know how much heat they actually hold in. Tom
  2. The ad states that it's got a DeDion Rear. Also indicates it got the AP Surtrac Limited Slip Diff. Thats was a pricey option in 2000. I know as that's what I ordered on mine. As for changing the clams for cylce wings. You will need to get the correct wing stays, and wings. then fill the holes in the side skin where you removed the bolts and then repaint. Tom
  3. Al, My bet would be that you can't import it. Something to do with EPA regs, and DOT regs for cars. Our sevens come in as auto parts so don't get hung up on the regs. That being said I have seen one on the road here in PA. recently. Right hand drive to boot. Tom
  4. Box wrote: Come on over to the dark side! :lol: Slicks do make a HUGE difference. At least 1.5-2 seconds a run. You still need to know how to drive, as Norm proved, but you'll be amazed at the difference. I always thought my seven handled well, after Michael D. let me drive his with slicks, going back to mine on the Cr500's felt like I was driving a 63 chevy. Jon we just got to get your car to make some noise. It's waaay too quiet.
  5. Results from Saturday's autox are up. http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2007/SO101307FIN.HTM Al, FYI if you scroll down to the end of the PAX results, you'll see a NDM (Novice DMod) with a DNF. He too decided he didn't need an instructor. :_deadhorse: Point made. Tom Congratulations to Norm :flag: and Mazda for their class wins. It was great having other 7's at the event. Hope to see more in the future. tom
  6. "Quirky" I'm sure you meant '"Classic" Unless you're building one with Cycle wings then I guess "Quirky" would be appropriate. :rofl: Welcome! Tom
  7. Ah, Plenty of room! Your autox runs looked real smooth, How did you keep from lighting the tires up??
  8. Should be soon. They usually get them up within a day. Just depend on if there are complete files, or how much editing they need to do. Mazda, I never did get to see how that motor of your's fits in there. Remind me next time. Tom
  9. Here's a couple of my runs from yesterday. Pretty easy to see where I lost time. Just needed a few more runs:banghead:
  10. Sorry for the delay in posting. I fell asleep while editing/:d
  11. Believe it or not, Jon JUST left at 9:30 PM!!!:crazy: That boy is crazy!!! He put the top on with that cool easy in and I led him out to I-476. I figure he's got a 3 hour drive home. Ah youth!. We had dinner, previewed the video from his in car cam, my in car, and the external cam that I had a couple of spectators video our runs. Actually came out pretty well. I'll start to edit them now and see if I can get one of them up tonite. Great day. Nice to have 4 sevens at an event. Well three sevens and an eight!! Would have been even better if we could have had an orange one there as well. :lol: Martin (MHKflyer52) made it and co drove with Jon. Norm put on a clinic and soundly whooped all of us. Jon and Martin looped their car a few times. And Jon had a little contact with the timing equipment that caused a slight 30 minute delay. ( I've heard his name is now @##$% in the Philly region. Tom
  12. Guys, don't forget that we are working third and running Last. There is no need to be there much earlier than 10:30-11:00 to tech and register. There is a walk thru after the end of heat 2. If you want to do the morning walk thru then 8:30 or so is good. There is no food on site, but there are some fast food joints within a short drive. I'll be there early as I set up grid. Martin, you are welcome to drive down with me but you'll have to back track a bit to Media. See you there. Tom
  13. Jon, Who else will be joining us?? Al?? Martin??, Mazda?? I'll pick up the steaks. I live a straight shot about 20 minutes off of I-95. Or if you use the Pa/NJ turnpike. I'm 10 minutes from 476. Looks like we have a good turnout for D and E Mod. And I just got an email from one of the Scca guys who drove a Miata. He's starting a Locost, so we'll soon add another convert. Tom
  14. Jon, if you really want to announce on Saturday, I just checked and third heat announcer is still open. go to phillyscca.com, go to the discussion forum, go to solo, go to truck worker thread and post that you'll annouce third heat with your name, class and car number. tom
  15. C'mon Al. Since it's on your way home, I'll even offer to put a few steaks on the grill and cook dinner for the out of towners. I'll have the day's runs on video and we can analyze them on the big screen. 106 inches! :party: Tom
  16. Just finished putting the slicks and numbers back on. I'll be there. Looks like we are working third heat and running 4th. Good to see that Norm is signed up. Now where is Michael D. Tom
  17. Long range forecast for Ripken area is partly sunny and 63F. According to the National weather service. Then again Accuweather says rain. I gotta get a job like that. 50-50 chance you're right, and next day no one cares. Looks like Norm B. and Mazda have signed up. I usually wait until we get a little closer to the event to be sure about the weather before registering. We got fooled on the last Warminster one though. We won't get 220 for the event so I think you're safe in just showing up day of it you can make it. Tom
  18. Did you tell him its a winning autox car ? Let him know about this Club site and about the Scca Autox at Warminster on 10/28. Take Care Lance. :cheers: Tom
  19. So are you now street legal in Pa? What were the comments on no windscreen? congratulations! Tom
  20. Yep, third heat. You need to be there by 11:30-No later than 12:30 to sign in, tech, get worker assignment. Third heat should start around 1:30pm. Tom
  21. Just read a posting that said Lance just sold this car. Lance did it stay in the Philly area? Tom
  22. Just got in from a nice two hour long Blat. Perfect weather, no leaves on the ground, very little traffic and no school buses. I highly recommend taking advantage of this great weather here in the east. Hey EvilRome0, has your new 7 been delivered yet?? Let see some pics, and hear your impression of your first drive. And bring it out to the Autox at ripken next Saturday. Tom
  23. thanks, just anxious to get back on the course. Tom
  24. Philly Region SCCA autox Saturday Oct 13 at Ripken stadium. Registration is now open. see link http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3340 Mazda, EvilRome0, Michael, D and any others in the area, come on out. Tom
  25. Technically you need to have at least half of your tires covered, in D and E Mod. In A Mod you can run with out. However, I've run without one on several occasions and as long as no one protests, you're probably ok. In a big event you might run into problems but in most local events, no problem. IMHO Tom
×
×
  • Create New...