Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Sorry Mazda, those number I gave were seconds, as in times. As for speed??? my speedo gave up the ghost long ago, and there's no way I could look down anyway. That's where I guess I need to invest in a data logger. The Slaloms on the return side were flat out in 2nd gear, I'd guess close to 60++ mph. Sure felt like it. and I did shift to third for the finish once, so that could be close to 70 mph. You would love Warminster, I just depends on the course set up. Sometimes the Vette guys design it and sometimes the Elise guys or Fmod guys do. Each likes to play to their strength, so it either becomes a power course or a transition course. Lucky for us, we have the power and handling to do either. And the bonus is they can never make it tight enough to pinch us, like the bigger cars. Tom
  2. An FMod did 55's, High 58's, low 59's for the best drivers in XP and SS.
  3. Us Caterham types use http;//www.blatchat.com its the Lotus7club of Great Britian's site. Tech talk is great for xflows, Kseries, Vauxhalls, Zetecs' and Duratecs, as well as any other suspension, brake, electrical, suspension questions. However you now need to be a member to post. There are enough of us on here that are members who could post for you. Tom
  4. Roman, looks like you got it registered and inspected. Any trouble getting thru without a windshield or bumpers? Tom
  5. Very Nice!!:cheers: Best of luck with it, It's a real looker! Hope to see you out autoxing soon. Tom
  6. Here's a video of my 3 & 4 runs side by side. It's interesting to see where I lost time or made up time by pausing the video at differnt gates. Tom
  7. If you think a little rain is tough, come out to the Philly Region Winter Autox Series. The first picure is Ice and snow. Second is 10 inches of snow. Really. Not seven friendly. Tom http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/975086853_winter autox.jpg http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/557840433_winter autox 2.jpg
  8. Jon, if you have a rear antirollbar, where is it set? If it's at the full forward postition you could soften it a bit by moving it to the rearward holes. Also what size front antiroll bar are you running? (What color bushing)? Tom
  9. Yes Jon. 10 inch Hoosiers on 10 inch rims at all four corners. I've been told by some of the better drivers that the car is very neutral. You could go with 8 inch all around to get a little more heat in them faster. Don't know if that compromises your grip that much. I don't remember your HP level, but if you are running around 135-150 or so at the flywheel, I seem to recall the UK guys use less tire. And you're right, that pearlesent Orange is awesome. I sat in Steve's on Sunday, it didn't seem as wide inside as yours, and the seats were Waaay too comfy. Can't wait for Steve to start Autoxing with us, he's been doing it for many years.
  10. Alright, I'll fess up. I failed with 78% :cry: That's why I built a Caterham, it just bolts together. You guys that build your own from scratch are special. :flag: Tom
  11. Take a look at ORANGE S1's (Nick) avatar. Looks like exactly the same color. Tom
  12. Here's a pic of Roman providing excellent ballast, on run #2. Too bad you can't see the grin on his face. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1643316364_IMG_3900.jpg
  13. Just got home from a long day at the Philly Autox in Warminster. Nice cool dry sunny day. Steve N. showed up with his stunning Lambo Orange Superformance S1. EvilRome0 (Roman) made an appearace, and the new owner of Lance's caterham was there as well. This 7 thing seams to be growing. :hurray: Missed you Al and Jon. Tom
  14. Sounds like New Zealand.
  15. I saw that Pa. also amended their regulations for registering special constructed vehicles this year. They have designated "approved" inspection sites to certify compliance with State regs. No longer can you just go to the local garage for the initial inspection. Will certainly complicate the process of registering a newly built seven in Pa. (bumpers,doors,emissions, etc.) Guess that just makes our currently registered vehicles worth more.:cheers: Tom
  16. I remember Steve's car, a nice pearlesent orange. He ran at Boeing a few years ago. Hope he shows, weather forecast is holding. Tom
  17. Good luck Jon! Unless EvilRome0 shows up, looks like it might just be me, a 62 Lotus and a 71 series IV at Warminster this weekend. Tom
  18. He's off the hook as we don't use the PA system at Warminster. But will EvilRome0 show up? :toetap: Tom
  19. Bump for Al & EvilRome0 (I know you're out there) Weather looks good. Hope to see you there. Tom
  20. JBH, check out the Tire warmer thread down in Autox. Davemk1 shared the spring rates of his Birkin... "For what it's worth I'm running 350# springs in the front and 175# in the rear. If I were to change anything i'd drop them by 25# all round but It's not in the budget at this point. That said the set up works very well on my car as it sticks very well and has near ideal balance." My Superlight is sprung like yours. Interesting. Tom
  21. Dave, my rear springs are progressive, and I recall 150 pounds as the max number. Again, stock for the Superlight. Jon, did you notice the poor fiberglass job on the right rear wing? I've had the car driven by several of the top drivers. and they thrashed it pretty good. See rear wing picture. Well, actually that was me driving in that picture. But that wasn't the first time, and probably won't be the last. It's just the yahoos, who want to drive it that I don't let near it. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/386541946_Warminster 07 4jpg.jpg I'd gladly let you or Al drive it if you think you can handle it. tom
  22. You think your teams are bad. How'd you like to have to watch the BEAGLES play. Good thing I went golfing yesterday instead of wasting my time on those bums. Tom
  23. Al, no need to preregister, I doubt we will sell out. But if the weather holds, and we run 1st this time, you'll be done by 1:30 at the latest. I've already lined up an instructor for you. Nice light guy, National champ in Pro Solo. As for Dave, did I read that right? Your front spring rate is 350 pounds!!! I think my stock Caterham springs are 175's. I ordererd a set of the race springs and they are only 250's. That's a huge discrepency. Tom
  24. Move on up to nice soft slicks. Makes a difference. And Al, stop ducking this Sunday's autox, I know you've read the post. Tom
  25. Registration is now open for this coming Sunday's Autox in Warminster, Pa. Al, are you up for another shot at it weather permitting?? EvilRome0, is your car ready? Lance let your neighbor know about it, at least to meet a few other Se7eners. http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3417
×
×
  • Create New...