Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. You know Jon, if you downsized to a series 3, you might be able to complete your spins within the cones and keep going. Tom
  2. I ordered my series 3 before they came out with the Sumo Version. At 6'1" and 220 it is definately snug, but its more like putting the car on. I've been for rides in the SV and I feel like i slosh around in it, there's so much more room. The wider footwell is nice if you have larger size feet. I think this picture gives a good comparison of the size difference. Tom http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/2119328858_sizecomparison.bmp
  3. Is it just me or is that 7 set up with way too much ground clearence for autocrossing an AMod car???? Maybe the wing is creating lift instead of downforce. :bs: Doesn't seem to have much rake either. Tom
  4. I don't know Jon, I thought his line was pretty good, He might even have been on course this time. He is definately certifiable though. A seven in Midtown traffic. That's more than brave. :seeya: Tom
  5. That works for me.:hurray: Thanks Tom
  6. Powderbrake wrote: Ditto!!!! Tom
  7. Roman, I have an enclosed 18ft trailer that you can use. Unfortunately, I don't have a tow vehicle for you. ( I totalled my wife's Durango towing a few years back and she won't let me tow.) I have an event this coming sunday that I need the trailer for, but you are welcome to use it until I need it again for the Warminster event on the 20th. Let me know. Tom
  8. Now I get it. Your seven is like the Stealth Bomber. No one hears it coming then you destroy the timing equipment. :yesnod: Tom
  9. Jon, are you sure you have an engine in that 7 of your's??? Last time I couldn't hear anything and you claimed it was on. :rofl: :seeya: Tom
  10. Roman, I must have missed you today, I saw tons of VDubbs but no Ultralight. Tom
  11. RDROCKT wrote: 1420 lbs is the minimum weigth for you porkers with the huge 2.0 liter motors. :ack: It's only 1380 for those of us with 1.8 liter motors Tom
  12. Dave, if you run in an SCCA sponsored autox, best read the regs. If it doesn't specifically say you can make a change you can't. Lots of discussion on the aero mods in the D/Emod forum on the scca site. I haven't followed it that closely to give accurate advice, sorry. I do seem to recall that the front dam/splitter details were very specific. As well as those for the rear spoiler. I don't think you can do a rear diffuser but again not definate about that. Tom
  13. My Caterham Superlight was cornerweighted and came in at a svelt 1164 pounds, without me. And I do weigh more than any single part. :ack: Tom
  14. We'll that sucked! I should be in the air on the way to Ireland right now. Two attempted flights to connect in Boston were cancelled, and no way to make the connection. Hours spent, in line just to be told we'd have to go back down to ticketing, then two hours more talking (well mostly holding) to my new friends in Bombay.:_deadhorse: :_deadhorse: :_deadhorse: What a run around!!!! Still can't get a hold of the Car rental company to change the reservation. At least I'm sleeping in my own bed instead of at the airport. We'll try again tomorrow. Tom
  15. What did you say????? :rofl: :rofl: I think for some of us it's both. If I don't use ear plugs even for a relatively short blat. my left ear definately suffers, and if I only put one in the left ear, It is obvious to me that the right unprotected ear suffers as well. I think it's due to the size of the grin on my face. It must open the ears more. :thumbs: :thumbs: Al I still can't believe you'll give it up. :seeya: Tom
  16. Dave, just curious, do you own a gun? and do you really live in Montana? :d :flag: Tom
  17. Guilty as charged! I'm just waiting for a warmer day. With the 7 up in the air on the lift it should be easier to troubleshoot and repair. I hope! Tom
  18. And I was out practicing my change up all weekend. :d Just kidding Al. Tom
  19. That's with my 13 inch 175/55/13 Avon CR500 street tires and rims.. Slightly lower with the slicks.
  20. Hard to believe that you haven't sold it yet. Maybe you'll still have a chance to autox it in a couple of weeks. Bump. Tom
  21. 75mm in the front under the sump. Don't know the rear height. Just don't hit a squirel or you'll be high Centered. :ack: Tom
  22. Seems like a drastic move just to avoid the upcoming autox season. :d Condolences anyway. Tom
  23. I thought you were in the business of selling these 'Nothing to it" cars? How many have you sold with an attitude like that??? :cuss: Caterham and Ariel just came out with $200K+++ cars. Now that's insane, but some will line up to buy them. Like I said I'm more than happy with my choice. Good luck with your business. :flag:
  24. Thanks but based on the new pricing, I think the resale value (like I'd ever sell it) of my Caterham keeps escalating. And my power to weight ratio 196/1164 is plenty for my ability. :ack:
  25. $70K WOW! Makes the $55K I paid for mine (as a Kit) in 2000 seem like a deal. :ack: I guess those several extra inches for the Sumo Version are really costly. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...