-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
http://YouTube Video Yeah, This song is for prep. and this song is for getting in the right frame of mind. http:// :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :jonautox: :d Tom
-
"Do the Tighten up" Just a note, during a tech inspection at an autox a few years ago, my Caterham failed due to "excessive play" on the front wheels. I went back to paddock, checked the torque of the wheel nuts, they were correct, Car was only a year old so bearings were new, Grabbing and shaking the tires, their was definately alot of movement. One of the other competitors stopped by and while I was shaking the wheel, he said, "I see your problem" The Nylocs had come loose on Both upper A Arm bolts. Other side had also come loose. From then on, I trust but verify :flag: that all fasteners are properly torqued. Tom
-
To build that car today, you gotta figure what, say $55-$60K+???? More if you put a Cosworth Duratec in it. I just looked on Ministers web site, it would be over $20K just to replace my K series. :crazy: Tom
-
$49k for a Superlight R. I hope he gets it right Al? :hurray: Carbon wings, dash, tillet, and the MB magnesium wheels from what I could see. It states it's a dealer and you can see two other Caterhams in the photos. Tom
-
my miatalite a never ending story
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Roman, I just got back from a Solo Chiefs meeting and it looks like the philly region will host 3 novice schools this year. These are great opportunities to get instruction and a lot of seat time for the money. First one is tenatively set for April 26,27 at the Boeing lot in Ridley Park. Just off I-95. Check the Philly Scca web site in a week or two for details. As for other help, I'd be glad to have you ride with me and I or another instructor can ride with you on your runs. I alos usually bring a video camera so we can record your runs. Tom -
my miatalite a never ending story
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Actually Norm Beaver was the fastest at the autox at the Ripken Stadium lot last year. Norm is the smooth fast and really loud one. Nice thing about autoxing a 7 is that everyone wants to either drive your car or go for a ride, because the 7 is THE Car to Drive in an autox. Roman, to start with you're probably better off driving your car on street tires for a few events until you get the feel of the car. Conventional wisdom has it that you're more likely to pick up bad habits starting on slicks. However, now that I'm on slicks it is really easy to overdrive the car on the street with the street tires. But once you splurg for slicks, you'll be amazed at how the car sticks. :crazy: Other than that we're just out having fun driving these little cars really, really hard. safetly. One day, if I ever grow a set I'll see what the big boys experience on the track. :flag: -
my miatalite a never ending story
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Steve, the Driver makes waay more difference than the amount of power. Warren Schiff kicks my butt with a little 1275 in his series 2 Lotus 7. Steve you have lots of experience, bring it on!!!!! :party: This may turn out to be a great year in the Philly region for DMOD. Now if only we can convince Al that he should concentrate on his driving not adding more power. :lol: :leaving: -
my miatalite a never ending story
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
S1 Steve wrote: What's this, pick on Tom time? :boxing: Of course his will "feel" faster, it has no real windscreen. But it's way too heavy to "BE" faster. It's still pretty though. -
my miatalite a never ending story
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Roman, that's a shame as it's a great looking car. If you had the time, I agree with Evox, I'd take it all apart and reassemble it to make sure every thing is done correctly. I find that it's not uncommon for even nylocs to come loose. Make sure that you routinely do a tech inspection after every couple of blats. Now get those seats bolted in so that you're ready for the first Philly region Autox at Warminster in April. Tom -
Jon, I don't really know Jersey, but If you're still up for it, we could have lunch around here and get you to Berlin ontime. Tom
-
Where and what time Jon??? Tom
-
Yeah just wait until the gooberment takes over the Medical services in this country. Then you'll see a real Fubar. :_deadhorse: :banghead: :ack: :cuss: (these are very descriptive of my feelings) :flag: Tom
-
Mazda, if you want to know why they get refunds and those with higher income don't, Just do the math. Each vote still counts as one. There are way more at the low end then at the top end. Based on this data the Bottom 50% of households make less than $30K AGI. Does this give you an idea that most Caterham owners are not going to get a refund. :cuss: :cuss: Tom Using 2005 IRS adjusted growth income data, check this out: Top 1% Top 5% Top 10% Top 25% Top 50% $364,657 $145,283 $103,912 $62,068 $ 30,881
-
Crappy pic, but the side view is pretty awesome too. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1555699318_P2040285.JPG tom
-
Uh oh, I went to the Philly auto show this week and think I found my new love. I was looking at this nice little Lotus Elite with a Coventry Climax motor, when out of the corner of my eye I saw this... http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1664868996_P2040284.JPG Now I just have to measure if it will fit under the lift. It looks really wide and long. Not bad looking for a 1993 car eh? For those who don't know its a Jag XJ220 tom
-
Wow, I read all the posts on the M5 forum leading up to the accident. Kid was definately cocky. I was thinking the same thing about the new ZR Corvette, WAY too much power for the normal joe. Ever notice the number of Enzo's that are crashed. It's just too tempting for anyone, let alone an 18 yr old, not to try it out. I use to think I could drive until I started Autoxing. Now I know I can't. Autoxing has cured me of hard driving on the road. "A man's gotta know his limitations" Harry Callahan.
-
No problem Busa. My buddy was looking at a 1969 Damiler Limosine, like the ones the Queen is chauffered in. :crazy: Car was in nice shape and he may end up buying it. He as eclectic taste. His other toy is a 1937 Jag SS100. We did get downtown to see the steam Clock and sample some of the local brews. :cheers: Tom
-
Just a note, if you're planning on autoxing in an SCCA event. Motorcycle engined cars are not allowed in D or E MOD, where the other 7's will complete. You will be moved into B or A mod Running against race cars. Tom
-
Hey Busa, a buddy and I are headed to Vancouver,BC tomorrow to look at a car. What's the weather like? Can I assume that you guys know how to handle a little snow and keep those flights on time. Never been to Vancouver before, unfortunately we are just flying in, checking out the car and heading back out on Wednesday, so no time to hit Whistler. Any must see sights for those with only a couple hours to kill. Crazy eh? Tom
-
Slingshot wrote: Beat me, you're not even close :rofl: :rofl: It's about like you running your 450+ hp against my little 200 Hp. You'd Kick my butt. :seeya: I've also had a .008 and .006 reaction time, but pooched the time on the run. But if you just want to quit....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Tom
-
Ok. This is very addicting. My best is a reaction time of .009 with a trap speed of 4.5. for a score of 4.5009 455 best out of 291509. Bring it on I did get down to .006 but missed the 4.5 which is the fastest time possible. So beware it's really addictive. You have been warned! Enjoy!! Tom http://www.mercedes-amg.com/The_Launch/index.html
-
Nope, I think they're Kodiak wheels, the MB are different and lighter and more $. My Kodiak wheels look to be the same as above. :) Tomhttp://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/2059784068_Boeing5-27479.jpg Sorry for the large file but here are the 3 piece Magnesium MB wheels. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1158429415_fall 07.JPG
-
I've watched way too much of this year's auction. Silly money being spent on beautiful cars that they most likely will never drive. I like the idea of a "Resto-Mod " a car with great looks that has a modern drive train, seats, etc. You get the Look with the drivability. Also seemed that the prices were WAY lower than last year. So what did you buy or what would you have bought??? Tom
-
Looking for help! From Mazda harassing me!
yellowss7 replied to BobDrye's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Mazda, what kind of hand position are you using???? Looks like 5 o'clock and 1 o'clock. :ack: :ack: Looks like you need to work on that. :rofl: Tom -
I assume you are looking to assemble it yourself? As for support, I guess it depends on where you are in Pa. Insurance was not a problem for me. I went J.C Taylor with an assigned value. As for getting it registered in Pa., I understand that they may have changed the regs to require the initial inspection at specified Specialty Vehicle inspection stations. Bumpers may or may not be an issue, but easily dealt with. Best dollar value??? Buy a used one. :banghead: Building you end up paying top dollar for everything. Depreciation is a good thing when buying. I had a horrible experience with the clown I ordered mine from. Would HIGHLY recommend NOT using him. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
