-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
I have the MBE from SBD and I had Steve do a remote tune. Worked fine.
-
http://californiacaterhamclub.com/chat/attachment.php?attachmentid=1748&d=1565020583
-
http://californiacaterhamclub.com/chat/attachment.php?attachmentid=1747&d=1565020569
-
I'll try again. I just copied them and pasted them. They do show up on my computer.
-
http://californiacaterhamclub.com/chat/attachment.php?attachmentid=1748&d=1565020583
-
http://californiacaterhamclub.com/chat/attachment.php?attachmentid=1747&d=1565020569
-
The nice thing about Caterhams builds is that it really is just an assembly, no fab necessary. 80 hours total time is about what it took and I'm no mechanic. Take your time. And enjoy the process. PS, the key to reliability is preventive maintenance IMO. Yellow has been Autoxed or Tracked since new and it just needs a little routine TLC. Kitcat, Yellow is in no way comparable to Mighty Mike's build. He's a craftsman. I'm not worthy. :svengo:
-
I'm gutted. Scott was a fixture at our NJMP 7s track weekends. Great attitude, good friend. And very good auto crosser. I will definintely miss him. Rest in Peace Scott. Tom
-
:troll::troll::troll:
-
Joy or sheer Terror. Definitely one of the two. :rofl: Best of Luck. Tom
-
http://www.mcmaster.com/draw-latches
-
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
I’ll be there and I think Simon will do Sunday. Dinner at Andreas on Sunday night 6:30. I Think across Croc went out for some pasta and hasn’t made it home yet -
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Save some more weight and ditch the wiper blades. :smash: See you on Sunday and Monday at the track. :seeya::driving: Tom -
Does this help? [h=4]Post 1990[/h] Sometime after 1990, European legislation demanded 17 character VIN codes for all cars. Here are some examples: SDKRDKCR8V0020587 1997 1.8 SDKRDKLR8X0021432 1998 SuperLight? with 1.8l engine SDKRDKCR8Y0021805 2000 1.8 K Posn Item Values Interpretation 1-3 MID SDK Manufacturers' Identification Code for Caterham Cars 4 Chassis Configuration L or R Left or Right Hand Drive 5 Chassis Configuration D DeDion? L Long cockpit C Classic (axle) W Wishbone 6 Build Type C CKD (Completeley Knocked Down) not Starter Kit F Limited Volume Type Approved Fully Built K Kit Built S Factory Built 7 Chassis Type A Alternative C Clubman H HPC L Superlight O Other R Race Chassis (or perhaps Road) S Starter Kit T Track 3=Series 3 5=Series 5(SV) 6=CSR 8-9 Engine NS Engine Not Supplied BB Blackbird C0 Duratec C1 200 HP 2.3 Cosworth Euro 4 emissions C2 260 HP 2.3 Cosworth C3 200 HP Duratec 2.3 C4 Cosworth 2.0 Duratec race C5 210 HP Duratec 2.0 C6 BDR 1600 C7 BDR 1700 C8 BDR 1800 DS Duratec Supercharged D1 200 HP Duratec Euro 4 D2 170 HP Duratec 2.0 D3 170 HP Duratec 2.0 Euro 4 D4 200 HP Duratec Euro 5 D5 260 HP Duratec 2.0 D6 170 HP Duratec 2.0 Euro 5 FB Fireblade GS 100 BHP 1600 Crossflow GT 84 BHP 1600 CrossFlow? MK 110 BHP 1600 CrossFlow? ('sprint') RC Rover VVC RD Rover VHPD RI Rover K-Series 1.4l (post1992) RJ Rover K-Series 1.4l 2002 onwards R3 R300 R4 R400 R5 1800 VHPD (230 HP) Rover K-Series (R500) R6 Rover 1.6l R8 Rover 1.8l SE Sigma, Euro 4 emissions SF Sigma, Euro 5 emissions S0 Sigma S1 Sigma 125 HP S2 Sigma standard power S3 Sigma 140 HP S4 Sigma 150 HP S5 Sigma mid power S6 Sigma high power TC Twin Cam VI Vauxhall Injection VJ Vauxhall Injection VT Vauxhall Turbo VX Vauxhall Carburettored 2.0l XC Vauxhall 8-Valve 1.6l XS Vauxhall 8-Valve 1.8l 17 1700cc Super Sprint Z2 Suzuki K6A Turbocharged 80bhp EU6 10 Chassis Year M-Y M=91, N=92, P=93, Y=2000 1-> 1=2001, 2=2002 etc until 2010, first number after 2010) 11-17 Chassis Number nnnnnnnn Chassis Number until 2010 11 Chassis Year 0-> Year indicator (from 2010) 12 Gearbox 5=5 speed gearbox 6=6 speed gearbox 0=no gearbox (for non-approved vehicles) 13 Package 1=Starter Kit must be 7 from 2010 2=Series 3 Kit onwards 3=Series 3 4=Caterham21 5=Series 5 (V) 6=CSR 7=Special 14-17 Chassis Number nnnn Caterham vehicle identification number
-
Andy, I just saw that you have a K series in your car. That engine is really light and the lighter springs would definitely be more appropriate to your car. My K series car seems tightly sprung on normal road driving, but on track it handles beautifully with a bit of roll that transmits excellent feel. Tom
-
On my 2000 S3 Caterham, I think i have stock 200lb fronts and 150 rear with Stock Bilstein shocks. And the green bush front sway bar and the rear bar set to the stiffest setting. Handles like it's on rails. It is sprung softer than my Orange SV which was set up with Nitron Adjustible shocks and who knows what spring rates. probably a lot stiffer springs as it's got way less roll than the Yellow car.
-
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Previous owner was a carbon tart. :seeya: But that is just a vinyl wrap. :smilielol5: Tom -
:flag::flag::flag::flag: God Bless America!
-
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Paul, I believe that the Caterham branded passenger seat in Orange is made by Tillet. It is slightly different than the driver's side Tillet in a couple ways, Its headrest is higher and is raked a bit more forward which may affect driving posistion with a helmet on. I believe it is slightly narrower, but not 100% sure. Finally, it does not have the side holes that the driver seat has that allow the lap belts to slide thru the seat opening. I believe they mount similarly, and I think that Tillet offers several different width seats. Original owner Karl, had them installed, so I'm not sure of all the particulars. Tom -
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Kitcat, that's because most of us stay on track. You on the otherhand, constantly throw up all kinds of stones and rocks with your off road corner cutting. :smash::driving: I have the brooklands screen on Yellow and the carbon aeroscreen on Orange. I have been hit by lots of stones/rock from you and others. I agree with you about the helmet. I have one with the duckbill chin protrusion and id does help, but on the front straight your helmet will pull your head up. I've forgot to buckle my helmet strap a couple times ad it's a good thing I have a Hans device attached to the helmet that is held down by my shoulder harness. Otherwise the helmet would definitely made a break for freedom. -
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Bad news for Simon and Seb, Looks like their engine upgrade plans just got shifted into high gear, if they want to play with the big dog. :smash::smash::driving: -
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
-
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
The Karting squad that braved the heat on Friday afternoon. http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15609&stc=1 -
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
-
Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Just finished dinner and have returned to the hotel. Long day, hot in the sun but a great breeze blowing thru the garage made today seem way cooler than yesterday. Fairly Uneventful day. A couple of off track excursion but nothing serious. I think both escaped being on video. 14 of us stayed for dinner and conversation was very varied. Great group of people. Thunderbolt is a great track for our cars and everyone seemed to get comfortable and faster with each session. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow after I get home. Tom
