Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Cem Congrats on the new car and welcome. I have a Sadev sequential mated to a Duratec with about the same HP as your 620R, althought mine is normally aspirated. You will love it. It's a great gearbox and no lift upshifts are thrilling as the power just keeps coming. But mine also does rev matching downshifts too but I do have to lift for those :driving: If you haven't driven a 7 with 300+ hp you are in for an experience. BTW I had a new clutch installed this winter and since the gearbox was out, I sent it to Sadev for a refresh. Great service, turned it around in two days. I had the car out this Past Sunday and I'm still smiling. Had a slight issue during the first session, where it got stuck in 6th gear, but you won't have that problem. Luckily it was easily corrected back in the pits. Good Luck with yours. Tom
  2. Mike, I believe it’s up around 9200 with the crank that Karl specced For it. I know they took it up over 8700 when I had it dynoed I however find no need to take it that high. I scare the crap out of myself at 7000rpm
  3. Hi John. Sounds like you are going to be social distancing from all of us on the track with that new beast of a motor. Hopefully we will all be in the mood to burn some hydrocarbons to Help get that global warming thing back on track. . Can’t wait. Tom
  4. The plastic dowels on the early k series did cause head gasket issues. They were later replaced with metal ones. That helped correct that issue. Speaking from experience
  5. Beautiful! When your battery dies there are lots of nice smaller low profile options available. You can lay them down as well. Remember to add lightness! Good luck with the first test drive. . Tom
  6. Lighten up guys, it's a Joke!!!:smilielol5:Shane, they obviously don't know you like we do. :seeya: Tom
  7. I asked the same thing Michael. Apparently it created a lot of heat.
  8. Well, last October i noticed a slight sound that went away when i lightly put my foot on the clutch. I assumed the throwout bearing as on its way out. I loaded up the car into the trailer and took it right to the shop. It sat there since then awaiting some attention. After several recent visits to kick a little ass, I went over yesterday and was pleased to see my car up in the air and sans engine and gearbox. I had left a box of parts to complete the job and thought it would be done this week. Then I saw this not so funny look on my mechanic's face. UH OH!!! it seems that the throwout bearing had seized and toasted not only the clutch, which I expected, but also affected the flywheel and input shaft seal on the gearbox. UH OH$$$$ After a few calls and emails I finally heard back from SBD in the UK and Sadev in NC today and a new flywheel and ARP bolts are on there way. And I decided to send the gearbox down to Sadev in North Carolina for a refresh since it was already out. So i feel a little better today that i will get my car back on track in time for the start of the trackday season, albeit with a much lighter wallet.​
  9. Yeah, when I assembled my Yellow car, I got bags labelled "front suspension" "Rear suspension" "Miscellaneous" And of course I found Front suspension bolts in the rear and miscellaneous bags. :svengo: My wife was more concerned that after I completed the assembly, that I had A LOT of extra bolts, washers and nuts left over. It's held together pretty much for coming up on 20 years now, so I guess it's ok. :driving: Good luck with the build, you may have to grind the chamfer off of a cheap socket to tighten up the half head bolts for the underside of the roll bar if they still use that half depth bolt head. No biggie, but read the manual to check. Tom
  10. Croc, you forgot the AX throwing venue. We definitely have to add that to our activities this year. :lurk: Tom
  11. I'm Betting the house it will be Red.:smilielol5: Tom
  12. About time Seb. You are so fast the extra weight will keep you from flying down the front straightaway :smilielol5::driving::seeya: Tom
  13. Unfortunately Orange is not home at the moment, Yellow is alone in the garage. Tom
  14. FIA certification gets you 5 yr belts. SFI cert gets you 2 yrs. Tom
  15. Happy Thanksgiving! May your.bird be big and juicy.
  16. Congrats Tom. Looks like you might have to take a trip to the East this fall to do a quality control track test. . Tom
  17. Hi Bruce, it's been almost 20 yrs since I assembled mine using standard jack stands. My question to you is how much help do you have? When I assembled mine, I did everything on the stands, including the motor and gearbox. So when it came time to put it on the ground, I was worried about the balance and the stands being pulled/tipped when lowering one end. I had four friends hold on to the back end as I lowered the front, just to make sure it didn't slip. If you have it up 28 inches, I'm just wondering how you get it on the ground as you add weight. Tom
  18. Vlad, In the UK they used a cable for the clutch. For the US, a hydraulic clutch was usually used because of the longer cable run for a LHD vs the RHD. Mine has a Hydraulic clutch, although I can attest that they didn't really think that thru, as I had to modify the slave cylinder mounting and use a clevis to attach the slave to the clutch arm. When I had called the Caterham engineer to ask if there was a part I need to make the connection, he replied... " we never did a left hand Dry sumped RoverK before, let me know how you make out" That car is not a dry sumped one though. Tom
  19. I seem to recall that i have a pulley that effectively slows down the spin rate on my Alternator to allow for the higher rev range when on track. I think it doesn't begin to charge at less than 3000 rpm. Maybe something similar in your case?
  20. Jim, I seem to recall when I assembled my car they they just press fit into the rubber gasket, the trim ring just presses in as well. A bit of a pain to get them in but I'm pretty sure there are no bolts or screws involved. Tom
  21. Obviously had to convert to Clams to get lift. :>) Clams RULE!!!
×
×
  • Create New...