-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Try flipping the Hazard Switch off and on several times. I seem to recall this being a common problem and the UK lotus 7 guys on blatchat found this to be a solution. Worked for me once when mine failed like yours. Good luck. Tom
-
2020 Annual Sevens Event with NJMP Drivers Club – October 17/18
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Croc is the true hero. I was convinced it wasn’t going to happen, but Croc pulled it off. I’m sure he will release the family of the management unharmed after the event. :rofl: -
I have a piece of firm foam that I used to get me lower for more leg clearance from the steering wheel. Worked really well in dropping me down lower in the car. I used it until I got around to making a foam bead seat to replace it. It’s still in my trailer. You are welcome to use it. It will definitely get you a lot lower if needed. Tom.
-
Import and Performance Nationals--Carlisle, PA 14-17 Aug 2020
yellowss7 replied to Taber10's topic in National Events
Tabor. If you want to hang with other 7s then you really need to skip Carlisle and come to NJMP for our 7s event. You don’t have to track your car and Croc and I can give your wife a ride on track as I seem to remember that she was a bit more adventurous than you when we met at Barber:seeya: Tom -
Are YOU talking to me?
-
Only if you want to hang out with a bunch of fun crazy 7 owners. :driving: You’d have to try really hard not to laugh a lot and have a good time. KitKat alone is worth the price of admission.:rofl: They are currently not allowing passengers due to the COVID. But we are hoping that might change. I think it would be unlikely to be transmitted in an open car at speed wearing a full helmet. But I’m not a doctor. But if they change the policy. Croc, JohnB, Simon and I are instructors and can take passengers. Oh. And you should have a thick skin and good sense of humor as there is usually a fair amount of good natured ball busting. :smilielol5: Hopefully you will join us and have some fun. Tom I’ll also add that if you’ve never been on track before the do have a novice group that is led by a pace car and is a great way to learn your car and the track in a progressive way.
-
If you think your car has a loud rattle. You should hear mine. I have a multi disc clutch for the paddle shifter that my mechanics say is normal to sound like a box of rocks when idling. And the whine from the straight cut gears is like a B52 taking off. :drool:
-
I don’t know your plans for it, but in those pictures it has the aeroscreen so make sure you wear good eye protection or a helmet when you take it out. Bugs and stones hit really hard at speed and even with the clams you will find a ton of stones on your seat after a blat. Be careful and enjoy. One last tip. Make sure your steering wheel is straight when giving it the stick.
-
Welcome. Seriously? It’s an S3. Which means Series 3. Itis the standard size Caterham. Those other numbers are irrelevant to your model. Oh. And welcome to the clam club. Clams rule!!! :rofl:
-
Guys not to be a downer, but I chased bubbles at high revs pressurizing my coolant tank for a couple of years. Tried Evans coolant. Replaced water pump,radiator, installed one way valves and moved the headertank to the highest point. Tested for exhaust gases in the headertank. Negative I installed a higher pressure cap which worked a little better but I still got pressure build up at track revs. After each track session I would winch my car up the trailer ramp to put the tank as the highest point. Bubbles would bleed up into the tank and the level in the tank would go back down to normal. It did appear that the higher pressure cap prevented it blowing out the cap. I would do that after every session and the car ran fine and did not overheat. BTW. I ditched the Evans and went to straight water with water wetter. I had enough of this so I did an experiment to see at what revs the pressure built up. I ran successive session on track at fixed RPMs starting at 3000 and cranked it up 500 RPM in each following session. No bubbles/ pressurization at revs under 5000 rpm. At 5500 RPM. The pressurization and bubbles in the system showed up. No loss of coolant. No gases in the tank. But after all the time, money on part replacements and huge denial. I finally pulled the head and replaced the head gasket. There was a small area that appeared to cause the issue. After reassembling, it runs great with no pressurization or bubbles in the system. May have no bearing on your issues but just felt the need to share. Best of luck. Tom.
-
-
I have a 2000 Lhd Hydraulic clutch. what do you need.?
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
True story, I let Maureen sit in my Yellow S3 and since she is very tall and leggy, I told her that she should try the SV next to mine to compare. She asked if it was mine and I said no but the guy who owns it wouldn't mind. :drool: She gets in and I could see Croc across the lot trying to figure out this Blonde sitting in his car. Maureen BTW is a long time member of the NJMP drivers club and is a shit hot driver of a Lotus Extige. Her husband Steve, is a customer of Tom's having taken delivery of a new Birkin last year. We really did have a good time at that LOG, but only because we bonded as 7s owners. -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Mike and Mike. That event was epic. Starting with Croc leading us 7s on a wild escape over hills and fields back to the hotel. And where I first met kitcat on the autox course helping to fix some loose front a arms. Then his hotel parking lot encounter, which had a lot more detail in the telling at the time. The track day at summit point and kitcat getting caught in a downpour on the way either home or to summit point. I’m a bit fuzzy on that. Ah the good old days. -
You forgot to mention you fixed your fuel gauge issue too with the swap. :leaving:
-
Nice work John, Hopefully you will have a nice smooth break in, and be out hooning around shortly. Good Luck. Tom
-
Croc, Simon, Jeff and I had a great day on track yesterday on TBolt at NJMP. That track is really good for our Sevens as it has some nice tight sections with weight transfer areas that really play to our light weight cars. NJMP seems to have their act together as far as the logistics go. Sign in and tech are outdoors, masked required and everyone seems to be social distancing properly. Drivers meeting was outdoors, over loud speaker or you could sit in your car or truck and listen in on FM radio. Breakfast was outdoors, while the chef was inside handing the plates out thru a pass thru window. Lunch was plated and set at tables outdoors, Some played nice and sat at the opposite side of a long table, others not so much. Option to take it out and eat back in the paddock was available. Most drivers set up chairs in large circles 6 or more feet apart and that seemed to work pretty well for socializing. All in all, very well run IMO. We are now just over 3 months away from our 10th annual Se7ens gathering at NJMP. Seems Croc and I got lucky in pushing the date later in the year than usual eh? Just wanted to give you all a heads up and prod you to get your cars ready while you still have time. Don't wait until the week before as usual. :smash: Hopefully things will get better in a few more months. There has been a few management changes since last year, so Croc and I have a little more work to do to get the registration process finalized, but that shouldn't be a major issue. Stay tuned. Stay Safe. Tom
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
The old style front “wings”/fenders are known as “Clams” as in clamshell. I have a 2000 Caterham and when I ordered it they were still available although I heard that they only did a couple with them that year. I specced mine with the wide track front end which was never usually done but the standard tires do just fit within the width of them. The nice thing is that you can stick 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks under them no problem for autoxing. Downside is you can’t watch your front wheels bounce up and down when driving. But you can always buy a second Caterham with the cycle fenders if you get the urge to see them. Worked for me :rofl: Good luck with your search. http://www.usa7s.net/vb/blob:http://www.usa7s.net/98441bc3-a3d0-4d7d-92b4-7e9dd58926d6 -
I have an S3 and an SV with lowered floors. I'm Just over the Delaware state line in Pa. You will fit in either car. Biggest difference is in the footwell size. The S3 requires pixie boots to drive. The SV you can get away with a normal shoe or running shoe Assuming you don't have size 15 feet. The S3 will be snugger but you won't slide around at all. The SV, depending on the seat choice you will have a lot more room. IMO.
