-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Thanks 7evin, I just posted the link. If anyone asked for addtional photos I'll let you know. Just figured that seeing your soon to be delivered car on the assembly floor would be a nice tease. You didn't happen to squeeze a spare Rover k series engine into your suitcase for me did you? It wouldn't fit in mine either the last time I was there. :smilielol5: Tom
-
Looks great! But why isn't the nice florescent green color to match your car?:seeya: Tom
-
Great shots Kev. Mind if I post the link on Blatchat? I think the UK guys who have cars on order would be pretty interested in these pics? Tom
-
Pretty funny that he chose the number 7. Se7en envy?:smilielol5: Tom
-
Kevin, I've been to the Dartford factory a couple of times. It's not easy to find especially if you're driving alone. (concentrating on staying left and looking around is not easy) Tony Mills and Darren (last Name?) are the guys in the parts department. First time in I got a tour of the assembly area, (not very big) Last time two years ago, Darren said they weren't allowed to bring custsomers into the shop for insurance reasons. Give it a try anyway. I'd ask you to bring a couple of Rover K oil filters home but they are not the kind of things that you can jam easily into a suitcase. Enjoy the trip. Tom
-
Thanks for the clarification Mazda. I thought it might be too simple a calculation. My personal action to the oil situation is to burn as much 100 Octane Sunoco GT Race fuel as I can per minute of driving. :driving: I'll let my friends on the Left coast save my share as they sit in traffic. :seeya: I'm already paying $8 a gallon for the race fuel. Bring it on!!! Burn it if you got it. You can't take it with you. Tom:driving:
-
A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline. A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year. So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year. They claim 700,000 vehicles – so that's 224 million gallons / year. That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil. 5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of one day's US consumption. And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl. So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million. How good a deal was that ??? Can't wait for the next "deal":deadhorse:
-
Location: Pasadena, CA Yep! That about explains it.:seeya: Tom
-
Comrades, We have English based cars, and now we will have English based healthcare. What could possibly go wrong???:banghead::leaving: Tom
-
Robb, the adjustable spring platforms is an option on Caterhams. Simple to use, loosen the locking ring, and adjust up or down. If you remember the number of turns you make you could adjust up or down to the same setting pretty easily. I never measured the total adjustment range. Here's a picture of them early in my build. you can see the silver adjusting and locking rings clearly. Tom
-
With 13" rims and Toyo R888's, My Caterham's lowest point is 75mm from the ground. Speed bumps can be an issue depending on how steep they are. Definately have to take them at an angle. The Side exhaust can be an issue on them as well. For track and Autox use I have 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks on 13" inch rims. These tires are much lower profile and on hard right hand turns I sometimes scrap the side exhaust pipe as the suspension loads. That being said, I do have adjustable spring platforms, so I could raise it up a bit if I needed to. Tom
-
I'm planning on going. Tom
-
So, did Al Show up with his new ride? It's not like him to be so quiet. What do you think he's up to? Do you think he's gone and bought one of those Fiero based replica ferraris and is embarrassed to tell us? Tom
-
Great day here in the NorthEast for a Blat. Just got back in from a 2 hour Blat. Weather is Awesome! Temp is around 70F. Partly sunny. Not many cars on the road due to the holiday. Took a while to get some heat into the oil but once it came up to temp:drool: My ears are still ringing even though I had my earplugs in. That's how I know I've kept the rev's up. Anyone else get out for a Blat this weekend? Tom
-
Alright Al, It's been a week since your last tease. You are the President of this club and your lack of transparency is suspicious to say the least. It's a holiday weekend, you can't be working. So spill the beans! :smash: Whatcha get? Tom
-
Yeah, if I used the Rover K as a grill, I'd be able to cook 2 maybe three hot dogs at the same time.:smilielol5: There's no replacement for displacement. Right Mazda? :seeya: A 1.8L grill would not be quite as impressive as your big V8 lump. Although that BDA would be pretty cool. Tom
-
I can back Craig up on that. My Rover K series motor was also built by QED, and I've dealt with Simon at QED a couple of times, and he was very responsive and helpful. ( I ordered a set of plugs, a TPS and a set of new wires and they were here in a couple of days.) Caterham UK and some of the local US dealers as well like Chip at GT Classics, and George at MidAltantic Caterham, and the guys at RMSCI also have been very good to deal with. I think Bsimon on this site also has a Boat Anchor, I mean Vauxhall lump:smilielol5: in his Caterham as well. PS, the guys at QED build a pretty good engine too. Tom
-
When the kid's ask you what can we get you for your Birthday, Father's day, Fill in the blank Holiday.... Now you can give them a good answer.:drool: Make mine a 582.
-
I have a picture of our fearless leader in one that I am dying to post but I'm 100% postive that it would get edited. However, Mazda in my defense Truth is a defense against defamation. But I'll be good. :leaving: Tom
-
Alright Mazda, I'll bite. Why is the US Airforce in need of a baby Diaper making machine??? tom
-
V-robb, I built my Caterham in 2000, and I can assure you, that other being able to read the build manual, and maybe bleeding brakes, I have no specific mechanical ability. The actual build time was a grand total of 80 hours. The Caterham kits come with the gas tank and plumbing done, the dash installed and wired and the pedals and master cylinders installed. The skins are on, and Mine was even painted at the factory. The real build includes, assembling the front and rear suspensions, brakes, installing the diff, propshaft, gearbox and engine. Installing the seats, rollbar, front and rear wings, and lights. Oh, and the steering rack and column, and the windscreen. Other than that I had two minor issues with the Drysumped K Series motor being installed into a LHD car with the Hydraulic clutch. I had a bracket made to mount the altenator, and a clevis was needed to connect the hydraulic slave cylinder to the 6 speed clucth arm. Thats it! Other than spending a fair amount of time buying some extra bolts, nuts and washers, the kit is really pretty complete and easy to assemble. It's NOTHING like what Martin, did, He has talent. He BUILT his car, I asssembled mine. Huge difference. Now that being said, It will cost you WAAAY more to order and build one, than to buy a nice, well speced used one. So Chose your poison. Tom
-
You're not old enough to remember it. A Classic! http://www.imeem.com/blastmedia/music/I2n3SrKq/kingston-trio-beep-beep-little-nash-rambler/ Tom
-
:bigear:Oh, you big tease! Tom
-
When I was over in England a few years ago, I went to a Lotus7 club trackday event at Cadwell Park, and rode with Alex Wong and Rodger Swift in their Vauxhall powered Caterhams. 250+ BHP engines. Down the main straight, Alex's Stack speedo read 152mph. Aero screened, and my Helmet was trying to lift my head off of my neck. At Barber, during Log29 I never had a chance to look down at my own Speedo. Tom
-
Mike, as I was driving the yellow 7 I can tell you that we were not smiling. The Merc driver, never waved us by during the whole session. My instructor was going nuts! I was all over the guy in the turns, but he'd slow down, way early, go wide and then dive in low and jump on the throttle, I could stay with him but he never waved us by and the cornerworkers never flagged him. While it was frustrating, It was also fun chasing him and seeing where I could have passed him even without his waveby. It was an AMG 55 so it had power down the straights, but he had to brake at board number 3 and I barely had to touch my brakes at 1 when I was by myself on other sessions. I need to go back. John V. is your car ready yet? Tom
