-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Odesssey PC625 works nicely for me. Although I did mount it down low under the intakes. Tom
-
If I recall correctly the difference between SA and M helmets is their fire safety. I think SA helmets have Nomex liners and M don't. Tom
-
Skip, I have a set of Barnby and a set of Kodiak wheels although both are 13 inch. Both are high quality wheels. Tom
-
A brief intro on what these cars are about? Simple. Light weight, handling, and lots of smiles. For the most part it's power to weight, Incredible handling and because of the light weight, really late braking. These factors help these little cars outperform most cars. You don't NEED high horsepower, although it helps on the straights on track. Your corner entry and exit speeds are usually far higher than most other cars, driver skills being equal. You can build a monster, but can you drive it? A well set up 135-150hp seven in a good drivers hands is a very capable machine. Alakossies right, get in a few, and see what they can do. And he's right that you can buy one built waaay cheaper than building your own. There are a couple of nice cars currently for sale on this site for starters. You wouldn't go wrong with either of them. Good luck Tom
-
Congratulations! Always brings a smile to my face too. Ten years in and I still grin like a fool every time out. Enjoy!!! Tom
-
More "I'm about to buy as set of ?" tire re-hash...
yellowss7 replied to jimrankin's topic in Wheels and Tires
Box, you have a PM. Tom (sorry for the hijack) -
Mazda, why are you bothering with a hood scoop? The Blower will NEVER fit under it. :willy_nilly: Tom
-
Russ, then the easy solution is to take the rear wings off. Unless you have a bunch of real sticklers, they usually don't care. Especially if your first time. If you do decide to leave the wings on, take out the steel bolts and replace them with a few Plastic/nylon ones. You only need about 4-5 to hold the wing on just fine. That way if you do hit a cone the bolt breakes and doesn't pull the rivenuts out of the skin. The Wings are easy to refiberglass. That one's been done atleast 3 times. It's alot heavier now though. :jester: The nylon/plastic bolts are a good idea even if you don't autox as they won't corrode and get stuck in the rivenut. Go out and enjoy that car!!! Tom
-
Wouldn't it be better to ask, "how many cones did you miss?" :smilielol5: Then again who am I to talk.
-
1450 lbs in a Superlight???:ack: That HAS to be WITH Driver right? Or Did you mount a set of Moose Antlers on the nose cone? Come on Tom, Spill it. How do you get an S3 Superlight to that weight? Even Mazda's beast isn't much more. My S3 Superlight even with a heater, carpets and a windscreen, weighed in at 1164. Tom
-
There are a lot of very savvy mechanical types on this site, and from what I've seen, they can help in a lot of ways, Metal working, Welding, and I'm sure there are some mechanical and electrical wizards here as well. As for specific technical assistance with a particular marque, What are you looking for? I have a Caterham with a Rover K series motor, If I have a K series issue, I go to Blatchat on the Lotus Seven club of the UK. But if it is any other mechanical or electrical isssue I would post here first. Just my two cents. Tom
-
Skip there is an Aston Martin/Lotus club trackday event on May 20th at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Entry fee is $300 for one car and driver $198 for the second driver. I'm am planning on doing this event. If you are coming east and would like the info let me know and I'll post it. NJMP is approximately 3+ hours from Carlisle by my reconniing. Tom
-
So, tell us a little about yourselves
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
That car is listed as a 1997. I thought someone said that it had to be 15 years or older to import into Canada? Tom -
Yeah, Steve's got a good team this year. We'll see how they do on Thursday in Syracuse. If they shoot 60+ percent from the field and 50+ from the 3pt range like they did against Wisconson, then it will be a game. Go Big Red! Tom
-
Tom, refresh my memory, Is you car a standard S3 Cat with a 2.3 Duratec? How tight is the installation and were there any issues with the intall? Looks great. Enjoy it. Just watch out for the Moose. Tom
-
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Tom
-
Changed the oil and filter, washed and oiled the ITG foam air filter, set the tire air pressure, and turned the key. Fired right up after sitting since the last drive in the fall. :hurray: Went for a nice one and a half hour Blat, other than one 68 camaro, not one other nice car out.:cuss: What ever happened to a nice Sunday drive? Weather is perfect 72 degrees, sunny. I just don't get it. Lots of bikes out though and got a wave from most. Happy to report that all temps and pressures came up nicely, the car felt great. Can't wait to get back out on the track with it. I think I'm going to go out for another hour or so. I just have to be back in time for the Cornell, Wisconson game. My wife's Brother is the Head Coach of Cornell. Go Big Red! Tom
-
Weather here in Philly is beginning to look like Spring. Temp is supposed to hit 70's this weekend. I just Lowered the 7 down from it's winter's perch and have just cleaned the foam airfilter, currently drying it prior to oiling it. Next is Changing the oil and filter, checking tire pressures and a general overall bolt and belt check. My only other project once it warms up is to make a custom bead seat. I have to wait for some 80 degree weather for that as the epoxy resin will take forever to cure at lower temps. Can't wait to fire it up and terrorize the neighborhood. :driving: Hope everyone else can get out as well. Tom
-
I usually don't participate in "runs" but if it's in the "philly area" I might. Can you pass the info on to me? Thanks Tom
-
Ohio builders registering inspection ?'s
yellowss7 replied to paulmpetrun's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Here's the Pa DOT subchapter K. Curiously, there may be an out on the Bumper requirement for some if they accept Caterham as an authorized manufacturer and they state that bumpers are not part of the original design. (b) Bumpers - A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with front and rear bumpers securely attached to the chassis, except when the original body configuration provided by a recognized manufacturer did not include bumpers in the design of the vehicle. http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/pub_45/section_k.pdf However, I just found this section which seems to say that: Specially constructed, modified, collectible vehicles and street rods may not have an original manufacturer’s specification. Therefore, these vehicles are required to meet Pennsylvania vehicle equipment, inspection and operating requirements in order to be titled in Pennsylvania. Applicants must provide a detailed description of how the vehicle is configured, constructed and equipp,,, Seems that Bumpers may be required if a SCV cannot have an orginal manufactures specification. ???? I Built mine and registered it in Pa. in 2001 and luckily had no issues. Had my plates and registration in less than a week. They did not require a special inspection station back then, but all the other regs were the same. Best of luck with yours. Tom -
I stand corrected. I checked our forcast for the week and it is indeed looking like things are warming up. After the snow forcasted for Wednesday, it looks like it will be warming up for the weekend, Saturdays high 48, Sunday's high may hit 50. :hurray: Perhaps that will finally melt all the snow that's been on the ground for the last month. Send some more of that Global Warming our way. Tom
-
Yeah, Hope. We only had 8 inches of snow on Friday and the snow yesterday and today didn't amount to anything.:deadhorse: So far this winter we have set a record for the most snow in a season with 80+++ inches so far. AND Wednesday's forcast is for more. Good thing they can't really forecast out that far. :banghead: You're just baiting us again aren't you? Tom:seeya:
-
Tony, based on what is specced, that 7 is a nice typical 7. 1700 cc Kent motor, 113 hp, not over stressed. Plenty quick for the road. IMO Tom
-
That is pretty cool. I just keep thinking that if that is just a civilian toy, can you imagine what our Military can have in the way of UCAV's? :flag: Sorry Martin, looks like in cockpit pilots are soon to be a disappearing breed. Tom
-
Other points of interst in the suburbs would be: Valley Forge National Park. ( right now it doing a nice imitation of the winter camp experienced back in 1776.) The Brandywine River Museum, in Chadds Ford, a nice collection of Andrew Wyeth and N.C. Wyeth works. My wife and our friends say the the Barnes is a must! Tom
