SuperStalker LS7 V8 Legacy chassis for sale

jbanker

This professionally built SuperStalker for sale. The car is located Mandan, ND. Please contact me by PM on this forum for more details and contact information. A few photos attached. No expense spared. This is Stalker chassis #104. Built for the customer by Sugar Grove Custom Cars in Dallas Center, Iowa.

Stork3.jpg

Stork4.jpg

Stork11.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think so. I was in touch with the owner about 1 or 2 weeks ago. He was in dialog with a potential buyer but not sure they made a deal. It sounded "Iffy" to me. I think this extremely nice car only has 1224 miles on it and is in perfect condition. I will PM you with contact information.

So I thought I’d throw my 2 cents in regarding this car. I flew up to South Dakota to see it and met the seller and did a pretty in-depth review. I will say up front, my intent was to buy it when I went up there and once I got there and started looking at it, I REALLY was going to buy it. Unfortunately I didn’t and more on why in a moment.

The car is probably one of the best examples I have seen.

The frame is professional construction and has some interesting addons that indicate someone put some real thought into this car. It has a true tilt steering and an adjustable driver’s seat (who does that on a race car?). The roll cage has sleeved and pinned side bars that allow you to swing them out to give full open sides to get in/out. The boxes on the sides of the car were added as “cone” deflectors for autocross. If you happen to whack a cone, it punts it out of the way and shouldn’t cause damage to the rear fender. The shift lever (for the 6 speed) is perfectly positioned for your hand positions. The front wing/dive planes are easily removeable for trailer loading or driving on the street. It has cockpit mounted brake bias adjustment. Oh, and a trailer hitch if you want to drive to the track and pull a small trailer with your track tires and “stuff”.

Under the hood, the wiring is connected up using OEM style connectors and looks spotless. I didn’t see a single wire nut or hanging wires. Custom painted boxes cover the coils and a few polished chrome or aluminum items were installed to dress up the engine bay but not so much to make it garish.

The V8 is all growl and the dual exhaust is just the right amount of loud to let anyone within earshot to know who’s in charge but not so much to be uncomfortable. I can’t imagine what 6 gear is like and quite honestly, I don’t think I would have had the required enormous brass ones to find out what the top end would be like.

So, why didn’t I buy the car? I am… shall we say… a bit portly. Okay, I’m fat. I’m 5ft10in and 250lbs. I wear a 54 jacket and can’t slide into the Kirkey racing seat without some lube on my hips and a crow bar to get me back out. With all the adjustables (tilt steering, moveable seat, opening side bars), the car is built for drivers from over 6ft and under 5ft 7in but not for someone that is wide.

This is a professionally built street legal race car that is at home at the track, autocross or going to get burgers. It is worth well over 50 grand. I won’t discuss price but the seller is a great guy and a reasonable offer will get this car and I’m sure he would work with you to get it shipped anywhere in the US. If you have considered buying a V8 Stalker, this IS the one.

I thought the Stalker could take wider seats than most other se7ens? It might be worth investigating this and the available options before you completely walk away given how much you liked the rest of this car.

-John

I thought the Stalker could take wider seats than most other se7ens? It might be worth investigating this and the available options before you completely walk away given how much you liked the rest of this car.

-John

Believe me... I REALLY LOOKED AT THE POSSIBILITIES...! haha... The sides of the seat virtually rest along the sides of the tranny tunnel and the left side frame rail. The only thing I could think of was to cut the sides of the seat off and lay some cushioning on either side (and we talked about this). Having just realized how chunky I've gotten... I got home to Dallas yesterday afternoon and instead of eating at Whataburger, I got a damn salad. I think my wife and doctor are in on this or it's a damn commie plot.

Those salads would be more fulfilling if the Stalker was in the garage as an incentive. :)

-John

With all intended sarcasm and humor...

Damn you...! I still fit in my Monster Miata so it can't be that bad.

(I also think you are involved in the plot with my wife and doctor, the collusion is obvious)

Edited by Spfldil62701

If the seats have sides (I cant tell from the photos and vid), maybe pull them out and build your own seat? Croc has a thread somewhere here on how to do that, I think. Stock Caterham seats are just a cushion, and seat back. The sides are the tranny tunnel and the body. I found when trying to squeeze my "lanky" 5'9" frame into a stock Birkin seat that even 1/2" of extra room via a new seat was a huge help.

… a bit portly . . .

Welcome to the group! Great review on the car. I’m a Storker (as these cars are jokingly referred to) owner who’s recently transitioned his sixteen year old son over to Storker driving duties. Yesterday, we went out for a drive. I drove first and then swapped seats. It was then that I discovered that I’d gained a little more weight over the past few months than I realized. The Ultrashield seat on the right is a bit tighter fit than the left. However, in a blatant act of defiance, I followed up the drive/ride with a steak dinner and a fine piece of homemade key lime pie.:cheers:

Edited by xcarguy

(I also think you are involved in the plot with my wife and doctor, the collusion is obvious)

As an admin of this site, I am sworn to influence, cajole, and compel people into se7en ownership.

Seriously, if you really like this specific car, I wouldn't give up just yet. Newer Caterhams and Birkins have pretty consistent build quality because so much of it is done at the factory. For other brands, more is left to the builder, resulting in greater variance. Yes, they can be just as good, but they can also be utter crap. It sounds like this one is done to your standard. Another like it may not come around for a long time.

If it helps, you can send me your banking details, social security number, and shipping address and I'll take care of the rest.

-John

You all (or more appropriately from TX, "Yawl") make some pretty good points.

My response comes in at least 3 layers.

1). The car is perfect, altering it would be to dishonor it. I did consider buying it and either modifying the current seat or having a custom seat made. Then I remembered all the occasions where friends of mine have bought something like this and I accused them of heresy when they took a Sawsall or other device to modify or make better something that was perfect to begin with.

2). Buying the car now with the intention of losing 20lbs is reasonable. However, I know my own will power. I realize the temptation to continue my regular morning trips to Chic Fil A for a breakfast burrito or the availability of good brisket is too great. I keep telling my wife I could be vegan if it weren't for the ribeyes and pork chops that seem to fall out of the sky onto my plate ("how did that get here?"). For some reason (apparently due to divine intervention), lettuce, hummus and chick peas just don't seem find their way to my plate.

3). The reasons NOT to buy it, have not yet been overwhelmed by bourbon brains TO buy it.