Hasselgren 2.4 L

John B

9 hours ago, John B said:

Thanks Croc.

it held up with the 2272 hp MZR. 
i’ll be careful with it. 

but...  Just in case, what’s a good Plan B?

If you want track only - Sadev 6 speed sequential.  Gear level goes neatly through existing hole.  Nicely snickety action.

If you want road use for cruising and some track time then get BGH to build you a Ford T-9 with uprated heavy duty bits and an optimized gear set.

BGH Home (bghgeartech.co.uk)

Croc is right on as usually. I woke up this morning thinking I had to amend my post to say that the Sadev sequential would not be good on the road. Especially so with the paddle shifter. Great on the track but it REALLY does not like to go slow. At lower paddock type speeds it feels like a bag of bolts shifting. Whereas at flat out full no lift throttle it’s as smooth as butter.  Oh and the straight cut gear whine is constant.  Then again you probably know all that from your formula Atlantics.  

Can’t wait to see you on track with it soon.  I just got the word that my car is god to go after it’s preseason prep.  I’ll pick it up tomorrow and be looking forward to the next warm dry track day.  When will yours be shipped back?

Tom

On 4/10/2021 at 6:31 AM, Croc said:

Even more impressive results on 93 octane.  

Calling @SK400 to this thread.   I'd upgrade your new engine if I were you.  :classic_tongue:

i think I’m done upgrading .. at least for this summer.  It’s been a hell of a project!  Just started my new r500+ spec engine on Saturday and sounded great.  Head, cams, supertech pistons, rods,  forged crank, new everything, arp everywhere, beefy clutch,  .. all balanced and blue printed etc.  Probably the max fast road spec possible, after which we fall in the territory of craziness and hard to drive on the road reliably.    Simon and I have the exact same engine spec and setup including tires, suspension setting, Tri-y custom exhaust, etc so will make it really fun.  Let’s see how this baby performs on the track once all is set and done.  Managed to go on a car diet and should be - 18 lbs even with a new SLR cage installed.   Carbon everywhere (almost), new nose cone, race radiator, Westermann CSR cycle wings, Kevlar slick tires etc. :)  all fun stuff. 

really looking forward to driving hard with the 300 hp Club Cars. Will probably lose a bit on the straights and perhaps coming out of some turns ... but I’m sure we won’t be left in the dust.  :)  

DAB62229-5E1D-4A22-82DD-B07151480C80.jpeg

D5460DE7-1140-48BA-AAD2-99AEF45A95A5.jpeg

03420328-E660-4AE2-BE88-932C4A3E29AE.jpeg

1 hour ago, SK400 said:

i think I’m done upgrading .. at least for this summer.  It’s been a hell of a project!  Just started my new r500+ spec engine on Saturday and sounded great.  Head, cams, supertech pistons, rods,  forged crank, new everything, arp everywhere, beefy clutch,  .. all balanced and blue printed etc.  Probably the max fast road spec possible, after which we fall in the territory of craziness and hard to drive on the road reliably.    Simon and I have the exact same engine spec and setup including tires, suspension setting, Tri-y custom exhaust, etc so will make it really fun.  Let’s see how this baby performs on the track once all is set and done.  Managed to go on a car diet and should be - 18 lbs even with a new SLR cage installed.   Carbon everywhere (almost), new nose cone, race radiator, Westermann CSR cycle wings, Kevlar slick tires etc. :)  all fun stuff. 

really looking forward to driving hard with the 300 hp Club Cars. Will probably lose a bit on the straights and perhaps coming out of some turns ... but I’m sure we won’t be left in the dust.  :)  

DAB62229-5E1D-4A22-82DD-B07151480C80.jpeg

D5460DE7-1140-48BA-AAD2-99AEF45A95A5.jpeg

03420328-E660-4AE2-BE88-932C4A3E29AE.jpeg

I like the subtle 620R nose cone upgrade

Thanks Vovchander. Yes, that nose cone took almost 6 months to complete and consumed 6 yrs of my life in the process.  It’s actually a R420 race nose cone, a mix of r500 and CSR top vent design with a 620r style oil cooler grille opening at the bottom. I changed the radiator to a r420 race model which is similar to that sold with newer caterhams, with an integrated oil cooler. Lots of fiddling, had to assemble new oil and coolant hoses etc.  Better work because the whole assembly is 7.8 lbs heavier than my original setup.  But I agree... I think it looks good :)  And have been excited about it. (Ask Simon... he is getting tired of hearing about my nose cone). 

17 minutes ago, SK400 said:

Thanks Vovchander. Yes, that nose cone took almost 6 months to complete and consumed 6 yrs of my life in the process.  It’s actually a R420 race nose cone, a mix of r500 and CSR top vent design with a 620r style oil cooler grille opening at the bottom. I changed the radiator to a r420 race model which is similar to that sold with newer caterhams, with an integrated oil cooler. Lots of fiddling, had to assemble new oil and coolant hoses etc.  Better work because the whole assembly is 7.8 lbs heavier than my original setup.  But I agree... I think it looks good :)  And have been excited about it. (Ask Simon... he is getting tired of hearing about my nose cone). 

Ah, good call. 420 race has one hole up top. 620R has two. 

I'm still pending install on mine as I'm having a paint scheme dilemma but that's another story. 

IMG_20210412_231040227_HDR.jpg

Edited by Vovchandr

Haha!  That's awesome John. where are the horses?  need 265  of them. :)      (but please note...  I'm Simon's nemesis.. same car, but younger!).   Will share the build story on another post for the group.  collected some part weights as i was building the car this winter that could be interesting for some.  

For those that have forgotten, Seb is the type of guy who polishes his car.  He's only a year younger than Simon - so same age essentially, same level of gray hair, and same level of talent that sees them both spray off into the scenery from time to time.   :classic_tongue:

u4YGNdm.jpg

• 4 months later...