Jump to content

CBuff

Club Member
  • Posts

    808
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CBuff

  1. I have been emailing them telling them I’m interested in the nova zzs. They keep saying they will check when they’re available. But no update. But I’m am interested.
  2. @Ian7 I def checked it before using it and it had some type of oil in it. I changed it out to the suggested motul 75w90 (1.3 liters). The stuff that came out was brown ish but dont know what it was like going in. I added some Redline 80301 limited slip friction modifier back in august. that helped a little. The pre load has remained steady at about 35ft lbs. Operationally it hasn't changed in performance. Since the titan LSD is bound to fail, I figured I would get the tacsport lsd and the 3.64 diff. It's def not happening until winter. Maybe get the 3.91 rebuilt and either sell it or have it as a backup.
  3. I recieved my new diff with the transport lsd in late August. Will likely attempt the install over the winter
  4. My Toyos I got last year are 2023 dates. Thats a bit annoying but I likely will run thru them before 2028. The hoosier R8s slick have a DOT manufacture code but no date.
  5. Let me see if my wife can live without me………… yup. I’m in. Likely weekend dates only
  6. Standing point by from me. See you in njmp in a few weeks.
  7. A great weekend for sure.
  8. https://maps.app.goo.gl/sfXd2QxFPUYdaYVF9?g_st=ic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_King_Highway impressive you pretty much got it. Just north of bear mountain bridge.
  9. 3rd level brake light? Does the voltage change when you step on the brake pedal ? I believe I have a similar spare connector zip tied under there. I assumed it was brake light but never tested it or use it. (I connected into the rear loom for my brake lights )
  10. https://mockins.com/products/30-cu-ft-square-waterproof-cargo-bag-40x40x32?variant=46281667346653&country=US&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&tw_source=google&tw_adid=&tw_campaign=22826704975&tw_kwdid=&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=22816983342&gbraid=0AAAAABhBAKKY8dmc0J7nrE_J6DjKNF0Vi&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5bjVBhCiARIsAJzMVnQevju9JWp90OSImm3Rg75dvFbYYuhZHlem-uz6ypk8Mjks91IRL8gaAm68EALw_wcB maybe something like this. Might still need to have a liner to extend the dehumidifier packs.
  11. Well that’s a layup. @Croc is now @coccodrillo. I will start making the pit banners for njmp in Oct.
  12. @11Budlite well done. I am sorry that I missed NYST. Have some family events that are keeping me busy. Sadly havent been on track all season. I saw the video of Tom ripping it up at NYST. That is impressive. Going to make it to NJMP come hell or high-water.
  13. Batman your “lotus 7” is for sale https://bringatrailer.com/listing/lotus-seven-style-custom/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Model_Update
  14. I sadly cannot make it. The weather looks great for tomorrow. But work has gotten in the way.
  15. new car and running in the fancy circles. @Croc you’re setting pretty high expectations for Oct in njmp.
  16. I wasn’t brave enough to do a rebuild myself. And also didn’t want to have the car off the road while I sent the diff out. So I went the pricier route and just had another diff sent to Tracsport and he installed the lsd. You could just order the lsd and have it shipped to you. And either swap it yourself or find a trans shop do the work. in theory I can just swap mine out. We will see how that goes.
  17. I was weary of my diff. It started making some new noises and I was dreading the ultimate rebuild. Pro-actively I had Steve Perks order me a new diff from caterham and he dropped in a Tracsport LSD. I also specced a 3.64 vs the original 3.91. I spend most of my time cruising so the drop in revs should work. But time will tell. Hopefully swapping out the diffs over the winter. https://www.tracsport.com/lsds Email: tracsport@hotmail.co.uk
  18. I spy I looked around for you but you likely stepped away.
  19. lime rock historics today.
  20. I have not changed or done this myself. But online seems like if you pull handbrake and push car back and forth that should replicate the clunk of its the bush https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=101&t=1924694
  21. I had a low speed hard turn noise pop up. Assumed it was the titan diff on its way out. Added some redline friction modifiers to the spec'd motul diff fluid. Major noises went away. It's still getting noisier. Have a transport LSD diff standing by to swap over for a winter project. @Origin7 might also want to check you A frame bushes. I have read that those can go and you get a clunk on/off throttle as the suspension loads and unloads.
  22. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2020-caterham-seven-420/ This Caterham Seven 420R is a left-hand-drive model that was purchased new by the current owner, and it was built in 2019. Power comes from a 2.0-liter Ford Duratec inline-four linked to a five-speed manual transmission and a limited-slip differential, and the car rides on 13” alloy wheels with Bilstein adjustable coilovers and four-wheel disc brakes. Inside, black upholstery is complemented by a carbon-fiber dashboard, a MOMO steering wheel, and four-point harnesses. This Caterham is now offered in California by the selling dealer, a BaT Local Partner, with a soft top, side curtains, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Montana title in the name of the owner’s LLC.
×
×
  • Create New...