-
Posts
370 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Reiver
-
I'm still driving it anyway as I don't care what happens to this diff..... it is basically an open dif with toast carbon plates. It clunks/whines but goes fine with no hesitation etc.... I'll not take any long trips but will drive locally. I'll let you know if it totally croaks but so far so good lol.... iow, I don't care if it is rebuildable or not.
-
I usually change fluids, always the oil, when getting a used vehicle to have a start point for maint. I'd drain the oil from a hot motor and measure the amount....it should be, as you note, about 4.5. I'd refill with the same amount then measure/mark the long dipstick for a reference point. This if you cannot source an original one.
-
Your oil pressure is fine I believe.... altho I'm not familiar with your motor. That tic mark is 2 bar so you are showing 1.5bar or 21.7 psi. if I'm eyeballing the gauge right. My older Vauxhall does the same....right there full hot idle and 4 bar plus at 3k. That is also a wet sump. Not sure about your dipstick issue but if you are not getting a red eye oil light warning you should have enough in the sump especially if you were fine cornering at speed. Your Cat looks nice and congrats.
-
Steve Perks/Tracsport is getting a dif together for me in 3.64 presently. He just received the wire/funds. I'll update as things progress to establish a timeline. He got back to me quickly with an invoice and wiring instructions. The wire took two days to go thru (normal internationally).
-
10 Of The Least Aerodynamic Cars Ever Made
Reiver replied to CBuff's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Hey, my r400 has those little whiskers on the nose cone.... like a hot knife thru butter that thing is -
10 Of The Least Aerodynamic Cars Ever Made
Reiver replied to CBuff's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Perfect really.... given how well they perform they are fighting the odds. -
Thought about it but want a better deal than that. Any r400 deserves better than that
-
2012 build with the carbon no doubt in mine.... it is what it is.... failed at less than 3k miles. If you read the 30 odd page of 'Titan Failures' some had rebuilds with the sintered that failed in short order.... much smaller plates size wise they said compared to other units. Then again, some are very happy with the later Titans. Not taking the chance as it isn't cheap. If I were a track guy I'd go Drexler but the TS has a nice track rep too.... regardless, I've ordered the TS with a new casing and all internals.
-
Mr. Perks has responded and can/will provide a Tracsport in a new Titan casing in my requested 3.64 ratio. I am waiting for a reply on a Drexler for cost analysis. Both are spendy but should never have to worry about this issue again.
-
I've emailed him and hoping for the same deal.
-
The pure existence of S3 and SV at the same time is bonkers
Reiver replied to Vovchandr's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Like extended seat belts on aircraft..... -
The r400D (2012) I recently purchased has the Titan virus and is clunking etc.... the elevated wheel spin test was a fail. 3400 miles. I plan on getting a tracsport LSD to replace the innards or order the whole Caterham Titan w/tracsport innards in place. I understand that is doable in another's comments sections. I've sent TS an email so we'll see. Just one of those things but that LSD must have major flaws to croak that quickly.
-
They are nice...I had a 718 w/manual for some time.... sold it for the C8. Lol, I just smoked one with my r400 on the straights and roundabouts on 93..
-
If they had not made the C8 a mid-engined platform I'd have gone elsewhere. It has less HP than some other front engined rides but will beat them around a track due to the weight distro.... smoking/spinning tires don't do much for me.
-
Can't imagine using that much HP on the street.... my C8 Vette has more grunt than is usable on the street unless I feel like going to jail. The reason I love the r400 is I can play with it on the street and have some winding out without pure felony time.
-
Yeah, Porsche finally figured out weight distribution
-
Do you plan on tracking that Porsche? I went the other route stripped the one I had... removed all of the sound proofing, rear seats and carpet (thin perlon instead) went with lightweight cloth seats and light door cards, removed the sun roof and apparatus, the bumpers/rubber and lower sills gone, all of the AC and supporting items out. It would take me a long list of 'stuff' that went into the bin and got it down to 2200 lbs or there abouts. The Euro 3 L was rebult by Howard Freeman with no cats but SS headers. Probably 225/30 HP..... That I could thrash about on the street and it was a great road carver. I've no idea what I'd do with your HP and the P car balance....commit, don't lift aye! I hope that Turbo comes on progressively and not on/off.... I also liked that early weird interior pattern but not too much of it.
-
Man, that thing is a beast
-
Thanks Scott...appreciate that!
-
I have the build sheet for the r400 and the paint is 'Titanium silver' and I've not been able to find anything other than Titan Silver listed for Caterham. They are not the same as I bought a small pen. Titan is much brighter. I know you can have them painted to any color you choose so either this is one of theirs or another car maker. Anyone had a similar paint job and found a source? I guess I could have it matched at a shop but wondered about off the shelf.
-
Bruce, shouldn't be an issue in the Phx area but what does the reference to a cold slave cylinder mean..... perhaps tongue in cheek but I've no idea. BTW, you guys did a great job upgrading my r400 (before it was mine). Pat
-
Well, got the r400 in December and have put about 400 miles on it so far.....weather in Az so nice it has been my daily driver. Can't say enough about the driving connection/experience. Just embarrassed a Porsche Cayman (newer model as I had a 2019) to the point he just backed off and pretended like he wasn't playing. This on Hyw 93. He couldn't hang on the round abouts nor the straights. This thing is a beast.
-
That's just a bit.... Larry passed away a few years ago and his wife sold off the majority....he was a billionaire but she had no idea how much he had spent... just figure what the Bugatti cost etc....that gray 356 is a Carrera. I spent a week there messing about.
-
Bud ya gotta do what ya gotta do.... we know what you mean. Nice looking 911.
-
I get that...I rebuilt that 911 of mine and it was a hoot. Found a '93 Euro 3L. from about the same build time etc.... went from there. He had a 904 but I can't find the pics...
