-
Posts
370 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Reiver
-
Probably correct Bud....later car. 0 to 60 in 1/2 a minute
-
8x13 not 15 and not by design...What is a Birkinized Caterham?
-
SU carbs.... not overly hard to tune but prone to leaking (seems to be a Brit car design function in that period)...any gunk will really mess them up. Use good filters not those goofy stock steel mesh ones that can only keep small birds from entering the throats....
-
In some good company at Rocky Mountain Caterham, Josh took the pics and I'll have it back next Tuesday. New tracsport dif, removed the overly firm Nitrons for the original adjustable Bilstein's and had the height set to 'fast road'.... front track adjusted etc. A few other things done.... strangely we found (he found) that I had 8 in wheels all around (no wonder the fronts were hard to fettle under the fenders)...so I sourced new wheels all around of the proper size.
- 476 replies
-
- 13
-
-
-
My God, those bumpers.... that 5mph deal really screwed up some cars... I've had AH's/a TR3/XKE but really got tired of the constant fettling...hence the later Caterham. Have fun...1500 right.
-
My r400 is off 1/4 tank...if it reads 3/4 it is full.... I'm told wonky, poorly adjusted senders are very common. I've never had the fuel overflow unless I didn't place the gas nozzle exactly right. Exactly right means I have to hold it and find a spot where it will run properly. The fuel injected models seem very touchy about that.
-
Waiting for transport. Both going to Josh at Rocky Mountain Caterham. The HPC for sale and the r400 for the diff.
-
Question...I want to find a magnetic plug for the Titan dif casing...is it a M22x1.5 plug? Checked with Steve Perks...it is
-
So, tell us a little about yourselves
Reiver replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
-
This half top (SoftBits) came with the r400 but did not have the zip out for easy entry... I knew I would not use it unless it was so equipped. My local Saddlery did this for me in leather (of course) but in Az that won't be an issue and as it overlaps like the original ( full length round seal and hook/loop tape with heavy duty zipper) even in the rain it would seal. Now it will get some use come summer.
-
More than 10 bucks....sent you a msg. as that is between the builder and the customer.
-
The dif is here and arrived safely...tariff was over 400 bucks.... expected. I am sending the r400 to Josh in Denver for the install end of April. I just do not feel like the effort at this stage. Once did everything but no major stuff anymore. I'll update when the car is sent.
-
In the mail
-
Steve will build my Dif this coming Monday.
-
They are quite a bit bigger especially the section that angles downward...that, I hope, assists with the turbulence reduction...damned can't hurt. I already have mounting parts so it wasn't expensive for the wings alone.
-
Thanks.... bought a set.
-
Where do you get those oversized wind wings?
-
Thanks gents...good info and pics....
-
I have the side wing deflectors but didn't notice a great deal of wind reduction...as demonstrated by that link you posted. You might be right about half doors not being the solution too .....
-
It appears we are going to remain curious..... I may mock up something for a test drive before I invest or get serious about the issue.
-
I have looked online but will ask here too as many who were chatting about this had the racing short screen. When I took the doors off the r400 and put the wind wings/deflectors on I was taken by surprise at the amount of turbulence, this with the stock full windshield. In my other 7, with the clamshells covering the front wheels, the turbulence is a great deal less...not really an issue doors off. They really do catch a great deal of wind and direct it elsewhere. Obviously not efficient for drag but great for the street. The cycle fenders/doors off r400is a wind storm. Has anyone gone the 1/2 door route with full windscreen? If so, how much did they help in your estimation. BTW, I do a lot of 60mph driving locally in and around our town as we have 65mph state roads and Hwy 73 (I pull out on 73 going to town from our drive)
-
Pretty straightforward. The injectors were stock but they were over designed and gave great PSI under load. I did mount a gauge for that but it was never an issue.
-
I supercharged a first gen Miata years ago.... that is really the way to go if you want it to move.
-
What's that white stuff
