Jump to content

Reiver

Club Member
  • Posts

    370
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reiver

  1. Yes, I have wind wings in place when I have no doors on and the difference is really substantial with half hood/9" back window in place....you can see the set up here with wind wings/no doors..... very comfortable. That is my summer mode to keep the sun off..... winter is doors/no half hood and that too is very nice with the rear window..... this is AZ so our winters are the really nice weather.
  2. How did you get 265 hp out of that Duratec?
  3. Old message..... I now have an R400 superlight/RTB's/dry sump...see the icon.
  4. Prego...I do love it here...you can be snow skiing in the morning and in 75 degree weather an hour later...much like in Italy.
  5. Yes, the scenery in the Sonoran desert is much different....when you get to Prescott you are in the pine forest area...
  6. Arizona state 89 from Wickenburg to Prescott reminds me of some of roads I'd driven in Italy....I'll get some better pics. The elevation in Yarnell is 5000 ft and it is a switchback from 2500 on up... Prescott is also at 5k but there is a drop/valley and then a climb to 6k with many hairpins.... great drive but a careful one as there is no shoulder just the mountains on one side and a drop off on the other. The pics are Yarnell hill.
  7. It helps some but not a great deal sans doors..... no doors and a half hood is fantastic....with doors great. I'm just a street guy but where I live that often equates to high speeds and that plexi window does help.
  8. The 9" high rear 'window' with the doors in place makes the cockpit seem like every other convertible I've ever driven.... on the mild side. Just an FYI
  9. With the 9inch high back window the turbulence (up to 70 mph) was really not an issue...ball cap not down and tight
  10. You are going to love it if it is dialed in just right.... I sold my 2L Vaux Cat for a R400 sl.... night and day dif... great platform
  11. Sergio, You will get this I was late one morning for physical training...about 5:45 am driving to post from Tori and speeding greatly...about 110 mph and there was no traffic but one Carabinieri cycle cop ...he was waving his circular 'stop' paddle so I pulled over.... he was pretty relaxed and was more interested in the car than anything. He wrote me a ticket (you paid in cash then) and I didn't have enough (any) money on me.... so he asked how much I had, ripped up the ticket, and wrote me one for about 2 mille.... lol..... most excellent....
  12. That was downtown Vicenza in front of the Palladio (the building designed by Palladio right off of the town square) before going into the city square for cappuccino... I brought the Maser home with me but had to sell in the early 80's because I could not find parts here (pre internet)... if I could have one car back it would be that one, I'd drive it up to Germany, thru the Brenner pass and stop in Austria for coffee.... just wonderful. The Austrian border guards always searched my car given my age etc...I had to be concealing something. I drove it to the Monaca GP in '78 and stayed at a pensione on the Italian side to save money. I loved Italy, the people and really miss the food... I am addicted to tortellini.... one of the best times of my life. Great cars have always been central to me..... you too it appears.
  13. Sergio, That is a very cool/interesting display..... I was stationed in Vicenza in the mid 70's with the Airborne unit there...had an apartment in Torre di Quartesolo and loved it there, spent 3 years. I bought a 3500 GTI while there and really enjoyed the roads once I figured out the lines only indicated the direction and not a lane :)...great story
  14. With the half hood on it is brilliant...without it helps but not to the same extent. I'll know how it works with the doors come winter and no top....our nice weather
  15. Here... Superweave® Custom-Fit Convertible Cockpit Covers - UV & Weather Resistant | California Car Cover Co. scroll down and put 28 roadster in that box....flat windshield
  16. I know softbits makes a bespoke model but didn't want to do the long wait when I remove the half hood come winter (our nice weather), wanted something now so experimented and this will work for me, I need to mess with placement and tightening but this will give you an idea.. California Car covers...1928 Ford roadster/flat windshield cover. I liked it with the mirror cut outs so ordered one. It will work. The attaching points are felt covered metal you bend to fit. Anyways, just an FYI
  17. Do you wear a helmet with that screen.... I had one on my 7 when delivered but was concerned about tire thrown rocks, especially if I had a passenger, the wife. I put the regular windshield in place for that event.... that and in the summer one needs a half top to survive. Your livery is brilliant
  18. I've no idea but honestly, on the road, more HP would be ridiculous than the 210 + RTB's/Dsump... much like my 500 HP C8 Corvette.... I could get more HP but what would be the point? We are at the crossroads of diminishing returns...
  19. No, mine has the Duratec like the 420r...RTB's/Dry sump...regular 6 speed not sequential.
  20. Question...what is the difference between the 420r and the r400 then? AI told me the answer..... in my case the suspension set for the road...otherwise about the same with the RTB's/dry sump.
  21. I didn't read the mag fine print...what level Duratec do those 7's have...the blue and that ' chromatic yellow green' car ...like that color btw.
  22. You know, I am not sure.... I didn't remove it last oil change just cleaned around it...you could be right..... I 'assumed' but something stout that could also give would make sense. When Josh set the car up we went with a road height so I doubt it will ever come into play...plenty of clearance.
  23. The Bell housing is the lowest on the dry system and comes with a steel guard....Duratec
  24. How much deeper, if any, does the wet sump sit as it relates to ground clearance. I've a dry sump in my R400 and appreciate the clearance for road use. I do not track at all but want as much 'space' as I can get for safe road use.
×
×
  • Create New...