Yeah...after the driver who would want a second grizzly in the car? :jester:
Hi Bruce :seeya:
I hope to make this event - I just need to work on keeping the dates free from company meetings. Terry deserves a big thumbs up for taking the initiative on this - it should be an epic event! :driving:
Dad deserves a big thumbs up for bringing him along to this point! :cooldude:
I can live with a BMW E30 M3 in the background. That is on my car bucket list for one day...
Bummer! I was looking forward to this happening. On the plus side, I think my living room floor had been reserved by about 10 people looking for cheap close accommodation - so I have been saved there!
Nice find Rikker! I live 1 mile from where the car is kept in Manhattan. It was originally built by a gentleman in Hackensack NJ area and sold about 1.5-2 years ago (I think) to the car club. I last saw it 2 years ago and it does not look any different in the photos. I know a few of the members at the car club and they all talk highly of enjoying driving the car (good fun, no track work at all, no major mechanical problems) and the club does maintain its vehicles well. The previous owner was a member on here from memory but have not seen him checked in for a long time.
If anyone wants me to check it out for them I can easily do so and I have met the GM of the club (good guy!).
Its ok Steve. Come to my work office, I have 4 secretaries in a row outside it. They may not be called Dave but its definitely a wind tunnel as they blow a lot....
When I did the Harley Davidson factory tour in Reading PA they said the average weight of their bikes was 1200 pounds.
I bet the Japanese bikes are lighter though!
No affiliation or connection to me - just reposting in case anyone is looking. Contact seller not me.
Nicely priced SCCA spec zetec caterham race car from Entropy Racing is for sale through Sports & Specialist Cars in Hopewell NJ.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/caterham/super_7/1481192.html
Asking NOW $15500 (was $18500)
Has a VIN but no title...interesting....
For those who do not know Entropy Racing, these guys support race teams and rent race cars for use in races, SCCA license school or track days. Was being rented at about $1200 per day supported.
http://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/12187677-425-0.jpg?rev=1
Disappointing but not really surprising - Youtube is Google. :svengo:
I might hold off updating my iPOS software knowing this
There are other Youtube buffer apps that can be used but they are not as good as the official youtube one.
I always use my horn out on the track! :D
Tom was not the only one playing practical jokes out there on track, I got blackflagged for using my hazard lights on track - I was travelling below 45mph (on track) following a glacially slow Porsche in a no-pass zone. My excuse was that using hazards on highway when below 45mph is NJ law! :jester:
The little red Miata can blow the "doors" off my car too - 350-370hp supercharged 2.3L duratec with lots of modifications. The driver is very good too.
Best pit discussion of the day was asking a plastic surgeon all about the breast enhancements and getting all the good facts. Filled in a rain delay beautifully.
Really sorry I could not make it but I was in FL driving something pretty special...errr...not - a brand new red Chevy Impala.
Good to see Wil has finally got the Maserati painted - I love his color choice. That is just one remarkable scratch build.
Tom's (Yellowss7) is using a Drift HD with an external mic run way way up under the dash. Video was set at 720HD 60fps.
Its amazing how long it has taken for a bunch of sevens to sort out decent sound and video on our cars in a track environment. It has been a real trial and error process.
Some still pics of the car in the pits:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Miscellaneous/bugattiA.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Miscellaneous/BugattiB.jpg
And in the pic below Tom is standing at left agape at another cute toy - a Formula Mazda or a Formula Ford Ranger as I called it and really badly upset the owner in the bar that night. He was even more outraged when I said I had a similar engine in my Caterham ....oops....not my most tactful moment!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Miscellaneous/BugattiC.jpg
Let me embed your video for you
Can I just say for the record that the Bugatti Veyron did not catch me
I could see him across the track as I was in Turn 10 he was coming out of Turn 6 and the distance stayed fairly constant. For all the 1000hp he was jaw droppingly quick in a straight line - he went past Tom in the above video at 160mph but then tippy-toed around corners.
The bit that just clinched it for me that the owner is a true and worthy car nut - he did not put any blue painters tape over the body to mask it ahead of the track session - :hurray:
I am definitely out for this weekend. I have a Saturday meeting in Orlando that I was committed to yesterday. Have a great time guys! Sorry I missed it.
You are on! Free non-driving guest pass coming up just for you. Keep the weekend of Nov 17/18 free - it will be a group I think you will enjoy. I cannot think of anyone more experienced that I want handling my drinks!
Agree completely with this one. This is why I am disappointed with the PCA thinking and I am concerned it is the start of a slippery slope for our cars.
From the dictionary a berk (plural berks)
(UK, slang, pejorative) A fool, prat, twit.
(UK, slang) An idiot, in an affectionate sense.
So a Berkin must be a car driven by a Berk? What does that make Birkin (or the rare Birkin SV) owners? :jester: