Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. Awwww.....come on Mondo.....where is your sense of humor? I love a good cat fight on a forum! :jester: Was it related to a rabidly left wing Californian political view that would really upset the mid-west 'head-in-the-sand' religiously loony right? :spam:
  2. Dont you dare change your car Steve - it is a lovely example of a crossflow and one that was doing fine against the bigger cars. I just think you needed more time on the circuit. Thunderbolt is a difficult circuit first time around. You were fine on Lightning towards the end of the day as you got more comfortable with it. I included examples of you passing other cars so you were definitely not slow.
  3. I have a demo model of the QStarz Lt-Q6000 that you linked to. We tested it on Tom's (Yellowss) seven at the NJMP Sevens Track Days in June. Took a few sessions to get it to work reliably. Good data but not easy to use or analyze. There is a much better alternative... I use the Racechrono Touchscreen Pro: http://mh-motorsports.com/lap_timers.shtml I can mount the GPS and separate touchscreen anywhere. It is easy to set up a brand new track for the first time and it works each time. I find I can use the touchscreen with my driving gloves on. Battery life is excellent although I do not use the LiveTimer feature which I bet uses up the batteries quicker. Easy to export to a CSV spreadsheet file and then overlay the data onto video with RaceRender. Much easier to set up and use than than the QStarz and the larger screen makes viewing data much easier. QStarz wrote the software for the Racechrono so it feels the same to use as their own LT-Q6000 unit and does pretty much the same thing. The difference is the Racechrono having a large touchscreen makes it far easier to use and analyze. The difference to the Vbox is really size. The Vbox is large and bulky. I tested one last year in the UK. It does all the same stuff as the QStarz and Racechrono. The Racehrono is two pieces - a GPS sized screen unit and a separate small GPS logger that bluetooths to the screen unit. The screen unit can be hidden discreetly anywhere leaving only the GPS logger exposed. You can see your data easily at the track on a Racechrono and do not need to plot it in a computer like the Vbox. Vbox is easier to use than the QStarz but not as easy as the Racechrono. I can email (offline) CSV export sample data files if you want to get a sense of the data being recorded by both the QStarz and the Racechrono.
  4. Hi Steve - Jeff's (Jeffs on here I think) blue zetec was running around with Tom, Michael and myself on the Sunday when you arrived. I included some of that footage along with the Atom that I passed and the Ferarri 458 that blitzed past me on the straight (sounded good though!:bigear:). Jeff was pretty bummed he could not stay and had to go back to work on the Monday unlike us lucky ones who could goof off work I was pretty happy to find video of your Crossflow monstering a Corvette!
  5. I am not too sure about MA rules as I do not live there but I have not heard of many good stories from forum members trying to register a seven there. Aidanparte was (I think) the last forum member to get through a MA registration on this forum. Other members who are in MA and went through this process in the past and may be worth contacting via PM to see if they can help are Beam, CaterhamSVT, and Warren _W. You may also want to read the following post to see if it provides any pointers: http://www.usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5137&highlight=registering I also find SEMA a useful source of information: http://www.semaactionnetwork.com/page.asp?content=resources&g=semaga
  6. In case anyone thinks we were not social then here is the proof: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00412.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00437_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00436_edited-1.jpg It was a very fun time! I will be back. :cheers: The wishbone camera was the little MD80 spy cam for $20 off amazon (or was it ebay?).
  7. Yes - i remember that night they shut down one of the tubes for the Lincoln Tunnel. I think quite a few drivers who were stuck in the hours long jam up would have happily run over the top of the Red Bull car. Likewise, the American anthem photo session shut down my walking track in Liberty State Park next to my home. Luckily I pay taxes to keep it open.... I can make the same noise in the tunnel with my seven far cheaper!!! :hat:
  8. Video finished off this weekend - refer to this thread in the video section: http://www.usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7900
  9. A little long perhaps - in 2 parts - but I wanted to make sure all participants were shown. Held June 24, 25, and 26 at New Jersey Motorsports Park on both the Lightning and Thunderbolt circuits. This is turning into an annual event with several new guys committing for June 2013. With 15 or so cars we should be able to get our own run group with SCDA - no more slow Corvettes or Mustangs. Hope to see you there in 2013! Videos can be seen in HD - just select the option. Part 1 and Part 2
  10. No afiliation or links to me - just found it while shopping this morning in CA... A very interestingly detailed Rotus in CA. A really nice period look. Only thing I am not sure about is the exposed dash workings/wiring concept. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Lotus-7-Seven-Tribute-Car-Rotus-Very-High-Quality-36-Hrs-Street-Legal-/130746008439?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e7111c377
  11. ....or get an SV/CSR!
  12. I was surprised to see Boston skyline in the video but it made sense once I saw the S&E name roll up in the credits at the end.
  13. I have driven an S3 with size 12.5 but can only do it in socks. Race booties are too large. No chance of heel or toeing (struggle to do that now in my CSR!). As for the sidescreens and headrests I suggest you look at Caterham UK online store: http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/ Sidescreens are at GBP160 (excl VAT) USD250 Optional armrests for the sidescreens at GBP 80 (excl VAT) USD125 Cloth headrest is GBP 70 Leather is GBP 85 (VAT excl). USD110 Divide by 0.64 to get to USD None of these include delivery direct from the UK. Give them a call direct to order and price out delivery. Chesire CT is within 10 miles of Bruce (11budlite) - he may have better information of Special Vehicles Development and Bill Mitchcell. PM him if he does not chime in on this post. He may even know the car locally.
  14. Croc

    NJ PA Drive

    I think it is Roman's well deserved brand of heart burn relief. I hope it finally gets rid of his problems.
  15. It was in for service when my car was at Exoticars once. Its not concours showroom condition like Bruce's garage queen collection. The lady definitely knows how to get out and drive to enjoy it. I quite like the white leather interior look but I would hate to keep it clean. I don't think it is up for sale? NY Times just feature an unusual car and its owner each week with an article. My old yellow seven was featured once. This may just save your checkbook 7veloce!
  16. Croc

    NJ PA Drive

    I have been avoiding responding until my calendar confusion clears. However, it is getting rude to not respond to Bruce. So I will say I am a tentative but i am trying.
  17. You are on the right track. Over 25 years old home built can be imported. Under 25 years old cannot. Here is my personal example - I have a 24 year old race car (Holden) that was originally converted from a street car never originally sold in the US. US Customs guys want an official Manufacturers Certificate of Origin to say it was manufactured exclusively as a track/race car 24 years ago. Putting aside that the manufacturer does not issue those certificates, my car was originally derived from a road car so any certificate would not help me even though the car is so modified and set up as a track car that it could never be driven on a street. I have to wait until it in its 26th year to import it. If you want to import then have it pre-cleared in a review by the US Customs because the documentation they want is a real problem. Anyway...back to our scheduled program. Nice car. I always have huge respect for any Locost builder as they built their cars the hard way! No idiot-proof lego kit caterham for them!
  18. Magnificent photo of the car and track. I had no idea Texas had hills - the topography of the new circuit should be spectacular. Let me know if you ever do this for the NJ F1 GP - I would unselfishly volunteer my seven in an instant! http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/422216_507745165918495_1830943068_n.jpg
  19. If there are any identifying marks/ID on the existing alternator you could try and replace it by ringing the guys at Dave Bean Engineering or Moss Motors as they supply all manner of British car parts. If no marks then send a photo to them and see if they can identify it.
  20. Errrrr....about 8 days and a 1000 miles out of a brand new set of CR500s for me! :D
  21. Congratulations Paul! I think you will enjoy the car as it will monster most things on the road or track day. There is nothing more intoxicating than taking it over 4000rpm. Hopefully you are located somewhere on the East Coast so I finally have someone who can keep up with me There are some quirks with maintenance - oil levels, tires and diffs are the most critical. Sign yourself up at the CSR Forum to keep in touch with things like this. http://csr.informe.com/forum/ or PM me as I had to go through the same learning exercise.
  22. Croc

    New Hope Car Show

    Well today is your lucky day Mondo! It is for sale at $102k. Surely you California types have all that spare cash to spend just a little on a new toy? I wish I did! :iamwithstupid:
  23. Croc

    New Hope Car Show

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00596_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00583_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00582_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00578_edited-1.jpg
  24. Croc

    New Hope Car Show

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00579_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00601_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00584_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00586_edited-1.jpg
  25. Croc

    New Hope Car Show

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00574_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00575_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00573_edited-1.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/Miscellaneous/DSC00580_edited-1.jpg
×
×
  • Create New...