-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
Dinner on Monday night at the Texas Roadhouse was a rowdy affair. Tom and Karl hatched a devious plan that it was my 21st birthday. So the staff all come out cheering and clapping for me with a saddle on a wooden frame on castors for me to sit on. I will post my embarrassment to limit the pain now. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/ridingasaddle.jpg However, vengeance is sweet next morning. Given Tom is a fervent Democrat MichaelD and I decided to advertize this fact: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00440.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00443.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00442.jpg
-
Ron again around the back of the Lightning circuit: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_2165.jpg Stewart pedalling fast: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC_2419.jpg Mike in the esses Turns 2-3-4 area: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_2179.jpg DaveD off this forum and his lovely wife drove out 3 hours to say hi to us. With Dave back to full health next year I am hoping he can join us on track.
-
Mike is the fastest driver on account of his impressively sized certain part of his anatomy. So he just killed every car on the circuit (although I never saw him which was a pity as he is fun to follow). http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_2136.jpg When he gets his Caterham race car to replace the Birkin he is going to be quicker again! Ron in his R500 http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_2150.jpg Me at Turn 1 with the car very light as you crest the hump. The cone in the picture does not mean Boxologist joined us (sadly - maybe next year?) but was caused by Ron having a spin at Turn 1 when he missed a gear downshift. Luckily, Steve caught it with video (Ron may not think it is lucky!) http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1993.jpg Steve again blinding us with a mirror finish http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_2164.jpg
-
Still at Lightning. Steve cresting turn 1 at Lightning: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1940.jpg Karl at Turn 1 http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1947.jpg Stewart at Turn 1 http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1949.jpg Tom at Turn 1 http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1957.jpg
-
Weather threatened storms until late in the day but they skirted us due to my extensive superstitious anti-rain god ceremony of continually putting the cover over my car. And so we tracked Lightning. Michael: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1571.jpg Stewart: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1576.jpg Steve http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1590.jpg For the record, Stewart and Steve have crossflows but thanks to Lightning being a nicely flowing momentum circuit they did not give much away to the bigger cars. Tom http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/20120625_SCDA_NJM_IN1_1597.jpg
-
Steve and his freshly polished crossflow: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00422.jpg Michael's be-winged zetec. Despite how....um...errr..."interesting" it looks it actually seemed to work quite well for grip on the rear. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00432.jpg Karl's baby. All credit to Karl for sweating out a rebuild over the last 6 weeks to get out on track with the group after redecorating the car around Lime Rock. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00434.jpg
-
To make it easier to see for those following this event I started a new thread. It was brilliant, full of fun, very social, and lots of laughter. I will let the photos speak for me and I am sure others will chime in. Tom and I kicked off the weekend on Saturday with a NJMP Members weekend. MichaelD joined us to run Sunday and Jack (Jvbtte) was my passenger for all Sunday sessions as he was able to drive his seven. By around 4pm on Sunday the group started to trickle in and the beers started flowing. Sunday night kicked off in the Track Pit Stop Bar and Restaurant: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00412.jpg Left to right - me, Mike (Kitcat), Spencer (a local NJMP member that drives a Porsche - but we forgave him), Michael (MichaelD), Jim (not on USA7s), Steve (bball), Karl (Blubarisax), Ron (Redgoose), Stewart (Sabbot), Jack (Jvbtte) and Tom (Yellowss). Steve, Mike and Jim had driven long distances to get to New Jersey Motorsport Park which is in Millville, southern NJ. Their presence was greatly enjoyed and Mike's driving is always spectacular to watch. First morning was at the Lightning Circuit: http://www.njmp.com/facility/track-maps.html So we lined up - 9 little sevens: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00416.jpg Jim settled in and ready to drive: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00417.jpg Mike belted down ready to cause havoc: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%2006252012/DSC00426.jpg
-
Grace had a visit from her younger sister
Croc replied to KiwiBirkin's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I agree Kiwi. I drove a 2009 Birkin with the widetrack and IRS and I thought it was a very accomplished car. The only thing I am disappointed to see on the 2010 car is those horrible Birkin seats - they really need a new supplier. -
Twas 4am at NJMP and all were asleep. Nothing was awake, not even a mouse.... Ok so I am awake for a phone call - might as well post an update. Sunday was another brilliant very hot day. MichaelD joined us for the member day. Jack (JVbtte) was my co-driver passenger all day. Best times were first session as the track and air temp were cooler. As the day went on the track was getting greasier and the car was sliding around a lot more. Highlights of the day: - me lapping Yellowss within a 25 min session. He said he slowed down...but just between us girls.... - MichaelD demonstrating how to sink a Ferrari 458. Driver was taking girlfriend out to show her how his studliness could drive. Unfortunately you could see before he went out he had an attitude problem. And out of track he was going nuts to pass everything in sight (sounded awesome past me!). So Michael kept on the power through turn 4 with no brakes - something a seven, Miata or open wheeler can do but not others. So as Michael gets to turn 5 his rear vision mirror is filled with rotating Ferrari and related dust cloud. Quite impressive seeing the dust cloud from the pits. No sex for him (the Ferrari driver) last night All the others came in last night so for today we have Steve, Jim, Tom, Mike, Mike, Michael, Ron, Stewart, and Karl driving with Jack in pit support role for today. Dinner last night was a rowdy event. Internet here is useless so no photos until I get home. Should be a good two days!
-
I would be interested to know why the red car slowed suddenly. Front suspension on that car appears to compress when you play the video frame by frame but that does not make any sense when he has clear room in front of him. How frustrating - brand new car and then splat. Doug was lucky he did not scrape his head on the armco.
-
Its ok Mike - SCDA were relaxed with my 3 offs in 1 day last year! - Turn 1 Lightning all 4 wheels off, my magnificent dust cloud at Turn 4 and the goof on the exit of Turn 5 :blush: I really do not think they were counting and I was suitably contrite. SCDA's wording reads as a fresh start rule each day. My recommendation is take it easy, use proper racing lines and if you do go off just don't do it that frequently. I also recommend not mentioning it loudly like you did to the organizers at the November 2011 NJMP event
-
Let me guess what is for dinner tonight? :spam: Lucky escape for your grandson - a turkey in the face does not sound particularly fun.
-
When you arrive at NJMP on Sunday, head over to the Thunderbolt circuit and look for Tom and I somewhere around garage 119 under the 2 story Pit Straight building.
-
Great news - a seven that actually goes fast and stays on the track - got to be a first for our group! :jester:
-
Yes if you read the SCDA confirmation email it is in big bold letters. Have you read the other parts of the email? The bit about spinning for example?
-
Oh good - he has been replaced by an accountant. Accountants rule! :hurray:
-
Horrific video - just happens so quickly (duh! it is 140mph some will say). What I am surprised at, given Summit Point is deep in red neck land, why are there any deer still alive? I would have thought they would have been hunted down by the Hyperfest Beers Breasts and Speed Festival where this event took place?
-
I would think the spray on rubber in an aerosol can you see advertised on TV by some guy in a little boat with a screen door in the floor saying "no leaks!" would be what you need. Should last all of 3 laps (at your speed) before flaking off. :dupe: Seriously, it is a good lesson on checking your car thoroughly before and during track sessions. Who would have thought Tom could wear out a set of tires trying in vain to keep up with me? Thats more shocking than the tire damage!:willy_nilly:
-
Hmmm....so for Sat and Sun you are running on the rims?:toetap05:
-
Sadly, one of my more energetic practical jokes for the track days sprung a leak during a road test on Sunday when Miss Daisy, "my" (in the loosest possible terms) inflatable sexy French maid took a stone kicked up by the tire and went down on me. :ack: Sadly, she is now a little deflated on the whole concept of sevening and will be unable to participate by being my passenger on this event. I was hoping to be able to claim, I have truly driven Miss Daisy. It will have to be another time. Assuming it had worked, I was planning to gift her to Karl as an airbag should he want to cuddle a tire wall again. As for carbon...think along the lines of headlights....differently to your ideas
-
I checked and I am Intermediate Run 1 Group.
-
No idea? Yeah that was bad so I will leave now....
-
I agree on Aussie steaks being better. :iagree: However, NZ is renowned globally for its lamb. After all they have such a close and personal relationship with the sheep. New Zealand...The land where men are men and sheep are scared! :jester:
-
Oh no you dont! Last you used a ramp you got that Miata airborne. :jester:
