Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. Bruce should not have touched my car - rear wheel studs have sheared today when they torqued up the wheel nuts. So it will be a scramble now to get the car fixed for Saturday. Hopefully I will see you there Ron.
  2. Looks like an Aston Martin green - very nice!
  3. Hi Michael - If you are looking for videos to refresh yourself on the layout here are my two early video efforts. First has both Thunderbolt and Lightning. The second shows just Thunderbolt. Both have slow @#$%*&^ cars holding me up and track data overlaid on the video. The second has 600 pounds of driver and passenger ballast - equivalent of Karl and myself going for a ride! and
  4. Did you put a set of fake eyelashes on my headlamps to give it that girly look? Or did you just remove 200hp so you can keep up? :rofl:
  5. Impressively quick work! Congratulations. Now show us the photos - we all like to see the cars!:hurray: If you are having issues with registration then there is a good community of seveners in the DC area not that far away from you with plenty in VA. If no one chimes in on this post, send a PM to Slngsht as he will know someone who can give you the scoop on VA registration fun.
  6. GoPro just launched the wifi unit starting today with immediate shipments as they have the units in stock. Powderbrake - Many thanks for the Corvette forum link. That is the best explanation I have had of why my sound is not as perfect as I have wanted it to be. I have a stereo mic in a mono plug on the camera - no wonder it is so quiet on the video.
  7. No cannibalism is not legal in Japan. I am sure it was just a balls up on the part of the chef.:ack:
  8. Nice photos. You had a gorgeous area to go touring in a seven. I had a hire car for my various vacations exploring with a car around that area - a seven would have made it even better. Are you living in Wales or did you bring the car back to the US?
  9. Bruce - I saw your seven and two other of your cars being worked on yesterday. Wil's mechanics were saying they were sufferring badly from just sitting in a garage and not being used. I can offer to fix that for you for a lot less than Wil - let me take them out for a good spirited drive?:jester: Looking forward seeing you on the 9th!
  10. Sorry to hear about your accident. Another option is Uhaul which rent airconfitioned pick ups with tow bars.
  11. This Fraser project is so absolutely bonkers it is brilliant! I love it - definitely want to see more photos of this:lurk:.
  12. Hmmm....interesting opportunity if I had a spare $6000 for the day. Sadly I am swinging mine in Europe this week.
  13. Congratulations Doug on your "new" seven. It is good to see another one in the local area. You are in a perfect location for driving.
  14. Does it make sense to drop a junk yard Duratec into the Birkin using a good alternative mechanic to get her going and let your "worthless" mechanic faff around longer with the extra herbs Duratec version?
  15. I have attended the past 3 years of this event and Robert Konick always organizes it well. Plus the Ship Inn knows what proper beer and ales should be. Sadly I am in Italy and will not make it this year.
  16. Nup...no one with that profile name. Just tried the other Scott's and they are not active for years. Calling MichaelD! :flag:
  17. Sabbot (Stewart) is trying to clear a work conflct and a BDA conversion. My money is on him having the best sounding car other than possibly Dermot's Hayabusa screamer. Message sent to Dermot (Ottocycle) and in a moment MichaelD. Dont have contact details for Scott L - is he on this forum?
  18. Hi Martin - To give you a comfort factor, do you want me to swing by your place and then we head up there in convoy. I have AAA platinum so can organize a flat top tow home 100 miles if needed? I am coming along I-78 but can deviate south down I-287 towards you.
  19. Is the left one called "King" and the right one called "Kong"? Or do I have it the wrong way around?
  20. The one on the right could be a 'little light in the loafers'? :jester:
  21. Croc

    New Member

    Welcome to USA7s! not sure where you are in NE but there are a bunch of guys here who will be only too willing to bore your silly about there cars, take you for a drive and generally show off. You came in at a good time - it is a buyers market. There are a few cars on here and on se7ens.net that look to be going for very fair prices. Before you get too eager and buy you may want to read up on registration for your state as that can get problematic depending on the car you end up with. If you want to meet a few of us come along to the Milford NJ drive on June 9 at 10am. Alternatively we have a few planning to be at a track day on June 24/25 (and possibly the 23rd for a smaller group) at NJMP.
  22. There is a 21 somewhere around Illinois. An earlier post on this forum talked about it being used as a race car with a V8 engine transplant. However, I figured it was the only one here. No registration or inspection tells me it is a garage queen sadly.
  23. I actually see Kermit the Frog. Thinking about it I guess that makes me Miss Piggy?
  24. I got messages from Boxologist and S1 Steve. Jon is in. Steve will join at the start then possibly disappear for the drive.
  25. Dave - Sounds like you will have a bad week next week! Wishing you luck for surgery next week - hope you recover in time to join us. Your question is very fair. What happened last year is that most people registered in June in the last 2-3 weeks. I sent out a reminder note yesterday to everyone in the range of NJMP. I expect there will be additional registrations as we get closer. That may not be ideal for you however, thats how it seems to work out. Not everyone can control the spouse, boss, kids, etc the same way you and I can! Edited to add - I just checked my PM and I had 2 messages in there saying they want to come along and are sorting out the work committment situation.
×
×
  • Create New...