Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. You beat me! I drove 40 miles in 15 deg F weather one January to get the car inspected for its registration renewal. The cold just ate into my face, my fingers, ears, eyes, torso, etc at 65+mph. Which of the Christchurch ski fields was this one? Apart from its really pretty what possessed you to make a drive this time of year?
  2. Perfect weather for you today and a good turn out. It looks like you went back to Tinicum Park (well Bruce went back there - you never made it last week).
  3. If they both dont show up give me a call and I can run your Sept track day! :rofl:
  4. This has to be a relief for you. I hope it is all in one piece and undamaged.
  5. Croc

    Guess the mystery car

    Looks to be Zagato bodied
  6. Correct - no passengers as SCDA's insurance does not allow it. However, bring him down Sunday. The Drivers Club member day that Tom and I are running on Sat and Sun does allow passengers. Jvbtte from this forum will be running as a passenger with me until he is sufficiently terrorized to not want to go out again. Tom will have a seat free once he takes his petty strut out.
  7. I am hoping I have my new automated driving aid installed too! Apparently it helps me go harder and faster. :cooldude: The track pub and restaurant is open on Sunday night and we get 20% discount for the entire table on food. Saturday night even has a wine tasting!
  8. +1 for a Bell M4 I got mine at Stable Energies as I wanted to try them on and be sure of a good fit. Some brands like Simpson and Arai just did not fit my head well (big head I guess? ) I recommend them if you visit their store in northern NJ not far off the Garden State Parkway. Driving Energies have a great reputation but you must call in advance as they often close despite the hours on their website. Their location at Dover, NJ is really out of the way but it is a good store when you get there. They also have a shop open at NJMP on June 23/24 weekend if you want to come down and see a few sevens and maybe join us for the Mon/Tues track day (go on...play hooky from work! ). Just give them a call first to see if they will have enough helmet stock for you to try on several.
  9. Croc

    Guess the mystery car

    Its looks like a 1928-30 Invicta 4.5L Sports. They resurrected this brand about 4 years ago in the UK but I still have not seen their new car?
  10. Yep drop the trailer off at the track. I think we are running Lightning on the Monday so maybe drive over there and park your trailer next to Karl's (Caterham signs make it easy to find) as he will be there with Track Daze on the Sunday. I think Karl will leave his trailer there overnight? If he is not leaving his car then come over to Thunderbolt. Tom and I will be at Thunderbolt somewhere around pit garage 114 on Sunday as that is what I have been assigned to end of Tuesday. My car stays over night in the garage. Tom will leave his trailer overnight there and then truck over to Lightning in the morning.
  11. Was this the car you were leaving drool marks on the body in the workshop last Saturday?
  12. Croc

    Start 2 Finish

    Congratulations you got the images to work. By adding in front of and in back of the email address of https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-T2nQAqb78Qg/T9UUo9lhU_I/AAAAAAAAAAs/9z7Bc15qqPg/s800/P5210058.JPG Then you also get the image showing as: She looks nice - what is the spec on this one?
  13. Croc

    Images

    Hi Terry - A better idea than uploading the images on to the USA7s server which limits you to small pic sizes is to get a free Photobucket or other free photo hosting account (Picasa, etc). Then you upload all your photos onto that site. To show the image here select the image address (top left on internet browser) and insert it into the post by clicking on the "Insert Image" icon that shows when you click on "Reply to Thread" or you can just go "paste web address" Through the wonders of computing it will resize the images for you. Hope this helps
  14. I did "like" the Jag towards the end of the video that tried to demonstrate that while he had straightline power he only had dick between his legs when it came to stopping so he wiped out some poor innocent driver on his way to hitting the wall. :ack: When I drove touring cars in the late 80s/early 90s the trend was coming in then to really drive those car hard over curbs (or is kerbs?) as this was proven to be quicker. However, you had a lot more maintenance as it was brutal on the car. This Austin Healey curb jumping is just at another level of and he is using the tarmac run off area as part of the circuit racing surface which I always thought was an offence under FIA rules?
  15. Hi Roman - Sounds like you have bitten off more than you can chew? It was already a fire breathing monster when I last saw it 2 years ago. However, with those changes I would not mind seeing it again - you always had nice details and ideas on it.
  16. A brief rest stop at Van Sant Airport to check out the planes. Ron's R500 in the foreground, then Jeremy's S2, my CSR, Bruce's beast, John's S3 and way way away in the distance, Jon's SV. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00397_edited-1.jpg A photocall at Tinicum Park: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00407_edited-1.jpg At lunch, Tim joined us with his S1: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00409_edited-1.jpg And for those at the Ship Inn at lunch the Austin Healey Spa video is now posted in the road racing section of the USA7s forum. Great day - when are we doing this again?
  17. Roman - Sorry to hear that the saga of your seven continues. I dont think you need luck - more likely a drink or three! It was a good day although it threatened rain at times. Somehow I still made it home without getting wet or putting the hood up. Some pics: Steve turned up at the beginning and the first part of the drive before having to head off with chores. John's green S3 sits behind: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00392_edited-1.jpg The annual tall stories contest is just underway with Bruce, Bob and Steve. Dave's red Triumph sits in the background - his current wheels while his Birkin is fixed. He played passenger with John today: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00393_edited-1.jpg Jeremy from PA turned up with his nicely patinaed 1965 S2 seven: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00394_edited-1.jpg Jon demonstrates yet again how you flatten your battery in 5 minutes in a seven: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/2012%20Bowker%20NJ%20Run/DSC00395_edited-1.jpg
  18. As discussed at lunch today with the NJ/PA sevens group lunch at the Ship Inn in Milford NJ, here is the video of the Austin Healey at Spa driven by Marc Campfield. Spectacular to watch, not sure his car would last too long in an endurance race....
  19. Hi George - Welcome to the forum. Where are you based out of? As it is, I would not be worried about having an underpowered car - your skill as a driver probably exceeds all of us 'track day hackers' that have more power. After all Yellowss with 50hp more is driving Miss Daisy. Blubarisax has a fetish for rubber and likes getting close to it. Kitcat is usually mowing grass and I just go spinning round and round in circles getting dusty. :jester: Hope to see you out there some time.
  20. Jim - I actually asked your Q1 when I ordered the wifi and got a different answer - mono! Are you surprised - I am not. It just amazes me that a company can be so stupid and ignorant about their own product. Morgan - The Wifi backpack can only work to the exclusion of the battery backpack and the LCD screen backpack.
  21. Hi Martin - Are you not joining us for the drive piece? If not and you are waiting there wondering what happened to us just give my cell a call - I think I gave it to you some time back - if not I can PM it again.
  22. I got a message from a sevener in Austria I know, looking to buy a donor engine in the US as the donor engine market does not exist in Europe. His question: Ever since the 2.5l I-4 engine (89x100) appeared on the market I wanted one for rebuilding. Donor engines in Europe are very rare. In the US there are numerous portals for replacement engines and the prices are reasonable starting at USDL 1000 - 2000 depending on milage. Now my question can anyone of you recommend a reliable source for buying such a used engine in the US??. Where do people on this forum source their donor engines? Ebay generally will only deliver USA addresses. Any other sources that people have found reputable? Thanks in advance
  23. Oh the shame! :svengo: My wheel studs are from a mustang. :jester: Now that the hub is apart I am not surprised the splines have worn smooth - it is a piece of bad engineering by Caterham. The car will be repaired for Saturday - picking it up Saturday morning at 9am just so I can join you all. Plans for a longer term more durable fix are in the works involing custom wheel studs and slight modification to the hub/flange unit piece. Thank you to: - Karl for the offer of his spare wheel studs - Jon for a passenger seat - Steve for cooling my temper off Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
  24. Well the part that I did not believe and I was there watching this as the guy replaced the wheels, 3 of them broke on one rear wheel with finger tight torque - no impact wrench involved. The part that has sheared is the spline/knurl end that stops the stud from rotating in the hub. Once this happens you cannot torque up a wheel nut. This was the first time the wheels were taken off and put back on since last October. Many thanks for the offer Karl but I think after being on the phone to Caterham at 4am this morning that the CSR uses a different hub and stud to an SV. First attempt is to raid the VW parts bin since a lot of the suspension pieces off the shelf are VW - not sure if the studs are. Second attempt is that we weld the little effers to the hub. Third attempt involves alcohol. :cheers:
  25. I like the idea of kitty flying with the birds :smilielol5:
×
×
  • Create New...