-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
Definitely Milford. The roads are much nicer there than in Jersey City.
-
Posted on Britishspeed: NJ Spirited Drive: Sunday November 6th\ As promised earlier this year, we will hold the second of our signature Spirited Drives through Northern NJ. This will be a two hour Drive in Northwestern NJ, through some of the most scenic and twisty two-lane roads in Hunterdon County and its environs. The Date is Sunday, November 6th. The Start will be at William Thomas Roadsters on Rt 513 in Frenchtown, NJ. (569 Everittstown Road 08825) The Start Time (gassed up & ready to go!) is 11:15 AM. Arrive at 10:30 AM to tour Bill Thomas's shop,and have coffee and snacks courtesy of WTR. Pics from last year: http://www.wtroadsters.com/lotus_pho...p?id_album=325 This has been a great event in past years. Last years event was notable for getting Bruce and Nancy down from CT and from Box's Miata giving me a cardio scare. I am planning to try and make assuming no early winter snow.
-
If you are trying to confirm build then use this chassis identification site to analyze what your car is. http://7faq.com/owbase/ow.asp?ChassisNumbers#h10 Of course the US/Canada cars are all kits and usually the engine and gearbox is "NS" but it will confirm year/short/long cockpit/etc. Won't help if you need an official letter though....
-
Some minor detail clarification - The website for Caterham USA is run by Caterham UK who do not always update it regularly despite messages from Jon Nelson. That is why my yellow seven remains for sale on the "instant gratification" page even though it was sold in April this year. - I think you will find the RMSCI website technical price lists had not been updated since the merger 2 (or was it 3?) years ago. I found this out late last year when trying to put my car together. I had to get the option and parts lists sent to me. - The RMSCI emails and phone numbers did route to Caterham USA earlier this year when I was getting my car together. Have not tried it since Ben left though.... On the other hand, 30 cars in a single year has to be their best sales season ever. This is encouraging when you consider the difficult economic environment that businesses are dealing with in the US and globally.
-
:rofl: Steve - you are worse than me! Bruce - Since none of those reasons seem to stick with me I think Bruce's idea just gain traction. That weekend looks suspiciously free for me so it just may work. Some of us wage slaves have to work so midweek is out of the question. A Friday/Sat/Sun is definitely there. Are you coming back from Bonaire early this year?
-
Not sure it was weather, the garage is the normal place for Tom's car. He was talking about going to some historic races so he may use that as a ready excuse. :jester:
-
Probably a good thing you moved from NJ - it is not a friendly state to our cars anymore. Welcome to USA7s - we can always help you spend money. Stops us spending our own for a brief moment!
-
My old car had the Omex shiftlight which I liked for its small size and unobtrusive looks - control box was mounted under the dash out of sight. I mounted it under the scuttle to the right of the wheel. The new car now has the ACES shiftlight which Caterham sell. Similarly mounted under the scuttle to the right of the wheel as seen in this pic: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/Colorado%20April%202011/DSC_5413_edited-1.jpg If I had my time again, I would go for the Omex on the new car. The ACES works fine, just too bulkly for what it does.
-
Something 8 or 9 coats if I recall correctly? I tried this on a test piece and gave up at 6 coats. Carbon is a thirst little devil when it comes to clear coating!
-
Karl - Carbon Bits has ceased trading and their website you linked has a virus. Timax - I imagine covering a nosecone in the sheet would be like applying the 3M clear shield protector? If so then I would have a 3M application pro do it because of the compound curves and the need to match the weave at points where you would need to cut the film to make it curve around and sit properly without bubbling up.
-
....and the carbon rear light blocks, carbon front indicator pods, carbon sills, carbon mirrors, carbon nose cone spoiler, carbon cam cover, carbon diffuser, carbon.... I have also bought carbon from http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/ Have not seen their cycle wings though. Another dangerous website! :drool:
-
Yes. My previous seven used the mount sold by Sevens & Elans http://www.sevenselans.com/partsforsale.htm This page shows the mirror for sale but you can buy the windscreen mount separately. You can get the mirrors cheaper by ordering through any of the seven parts sites in the UK or Europe. The other UK popular option is to check out Blatchat by searching for Nifty mirror mounts. Not sure if these are still for sale but they allow use of the perspex side screen. For my current car the mount looks similar to the Sevens & Elans one but it was sourced through Caterham USA. I suspect they bought it from Sevens & Elans.
-
I believe Karl already has spent a fortune there! :jester: Resistance is futile! :blush:
-
Hi Steve - us eastcoasters can band together to negotiate a shipping discount. If we get enough we may fill a truck. This is the scenery I remember well from my drive up the Icefields Parkway and I bet a local like Terry can combine it with some brilliant backroads (no pressure Terry! ). http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/2009%20Rockies%20and%20Alaska/DSC_0105.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/2009%20Rockies%20and%20Alaska/DSC_0098.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/2009%20Rockies%20and%20Alaska/DSC_0122.jpg
-
Count me in please Terry!
-
I saw on the Blatchat that Terry has set the dates for the Grizzly Bear Blat: 6th August 2013 Meet Calgary 20th August 2013 End Vancouver Plenty of time to start thinking on how to get the seven there!
-
Gee Skip, you really are having a bad run of luck. Good luck working things through with the doctors and keep your spirits up!
-
125mph is the max of a Birkin??? No way - I would give it far more than that. Even the R300 I had at Silverstone made it to 135mph (or 138mph if you believe Caterham) and that was 35hp down on yours. It is good to hear that you have got your new Birkin behaving enough to drive it on a track - pity about the rain. I share your view on the CR500 tires - I love mine on the CSR.
-
Okay...so we know it was scary but what I would like to know is: 1) Was the car stable or all squirrelly and unsettled? 2) Were you at redline in 6th? I am sure Kitcat and Tom would like to know since they have never been that fast before .....although with Kitcat's new wheels he will now have a great opportunity to! We won't be able to hold him back!
-
For my current car I got lazy and bought them from Caterham. Not sure if it is online but when I was spec'ing the car, it was on some materials I got from Caterham.
-
An idea - Why not put together a clutch stop so that you are not changing mid air? I always have one installed in my past sevens for both throttle and clutch and prefer it.
-
Yes I can make it. I am out to Asia on 11/16 to 11/26 so a track day before that that will work. I will be in top form - I took some time out to visit Nurburgring in a rental seven for 20 laps. Wow...made a huge difference compared to the old Alfa 75 I rented previous trip. No pics sorry as some doofus left his camera at the hotel....
-
It is a great question Karl. I explored this past earlier this year when trying to find open dates for a track day. SCCA has banned seven type vehicles for at least 2 decades from what I was told. I think I might bite the bullet and sign up with PCA and get qualified with them. They do have a fairly good schedule of events and they have not attacked you so I should be fairly safe.
-
Tom - Once I get on the airplane on Sunday and escape Europe, I want to coordinate with you about joining you for a member day or two this year while I still have a chance to use the car. Are ring-ins allowed?
-
Now I get it, that is why he is called Twobone! Watch out for the love handles though, I imagine they are like speed humps?
