Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. Croc

    Pink Hummer

    Did it have a bumper sticker: "My other car is a Miata"
  2. Croc

    Hank Spotting...

    And here I was hoping for a couple of Hooters girls strategically draped across a Westfield
  3. and I may be mobile again this weekend.....just a little more work....:smash:
  4. No affiliation, etc.....asking $35000 http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/lotus/1268503610/1268503610ss.htm other photos http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/lotus/1268503610/1268503610pp.htm
  5. As probably the only Holden owner on this forum, I am a little surprised to see your family owned one. I did not think they were sold in the US?
  6. Thanks for the kind words on the gearbox. I will admit some apprehension to dealing with this - I last did an engine out in 1992 on a very simple V8 and in 1991 on my first Seven. A buddy tried to reassure me last night that its easy as it is just like sex - just get in there and f*** it up! Jim - You're a lucky man to come out of that mess safe. The highways are dangerous places for us Seven drivers because of all the muppets driving.
  7. My little car's drive yesterday led to a busted selector arm (or the pin holding it together or something similar) as something went crack then bang bang bang around inside the gearbox before the engine stalled. Ah....the joys of an engine out job just when the weather gets good Something to worry about on the weekend....
  8. wonderful - an old HK Holden from 1969 with a slightly more recent (and more powerful) engine. It looks to be the Summer Nationals held in Canberra Australia each year. Its a hot rod and street rod show. I bet that cost a lot in tyres See! Us Aussies can drive!!!
  9. This is soooo tempting - one of my wish list items is to tour the Scottish Highlands. Unfortunately the timing conflicts - it will have to be another year.
  10. Vote for the gauge being the problem. The standard gauge is pretty unreliable. Before I took it out it was acting like a windscreen wiper. The mechanical gauge has been great - nice stable readings - gives plenty of confidence. Plenty of choice out there to put in the standard sized hole. The closest I found to matching the original gauge style was Mocal or Racetech. Neither are a perfect match because of the missing Caterham logo.
  11. I love the magnesium wheels on the car - they set it off very nicely. Series 4 seem to respond well to having the right color scheme - I think Rob is right - this is one of the better S4s I have seen. Looks like the engine needs work - I think I spy some leak stains on the block?
  12. Jon - Another alternative for you is to give George Alderman a call. They have a skidplate kit which is what I used and modified slightly for my car. http://midatlanticcaterham.com/images/Caterham%20skid.jpg Oops...sorry....just realized I hijacked someone else's post
  13. John - Who or what was "RM" - I have never heard of them before?
  14. Croc

    1966 Lotus 7

    The YBM motor was the motorsport version of the Cosworth YB series that was fitted in Ford Sierra RS500 in the late 1980s. A fantastic engine with a monster Garrett turbocharger. And someone put one of those in a series 2 chassis???? This would be an interesting car to see...
  15. Bruce It is good to hear that you are also thinking of the Sat. I was planning on being there the Saturday too. Not sure which direction you will take from CT (probably along I-287) but we could get a little convoy to meet up on the way. I-78 goes past Al's place so maybe we could call in to check out his new toy if has arrived by then! Cheers
  16. Discovered this while day dreaming on Ebay...not related to me... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Eight-8-Seven-7-Lotus-Replica-Hot-Rod-Hotrod_W0QQitemZ270554917309QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3efe5469bd Not sure about the pedigree of this kit. Also not sure about the nose styling - little too droopy for my personal taste. Takes a V8 though....
  17. For what it is worth, Paul Petrun the owner posts on here under profile name Paulmpetrun. Whatever you want to call it, I like the look of the workmanship. From previous posts and the pics it looks like he has only just finished construction.
  18. That is one beautiful piece of automotive porn - all that carbon...wow Stunning effort Hank!
  19. Croc

    FDA help

    I am a supporter and signed up. Good luck!
  20. Very nice pictures Kiwi. I guess you had a camera rig mounted on the car for some of those pics? I liked the unusual angles. I can tell people were trying - witness the Lancia/Alfa locking a wheel ahead of you in one of the shots. Then again, maybe it was oil.... Google map the following address 107 Hasketts Rd Templeton Christchurch, New Zealand The circuit is north east of Templeton (suburb) Christchurch. Templeton is due west of Christchurch downtown on the rural fringes.
  21. Looks good although I think I puked from Captain Ebrahimi's flying lessons! :jester: Anyone used it on a car? Should be very easy to mount on a roll bar
  22. Yep worked now - the internet can be a strange place!
  23. Shamelessly stolen from Blatchat, reposted here for those who do not frequent that site. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150140028435043&ref=nf As someone who has had the red mist descend on a race track and then gone on once (ok...maybe twice :blush: ) to demonstrate monumental stupidity at racecraft, I can relate to some of these incidents. The impressive thing is how well the cars hold together in some of the really violent crashes - ok they have a full cage but even so I still find it impressive.
  24. Skip - great flyby video but the link is not working - something I am doing wrong?
  25. Thanks Brad - this is great feedback. I think I might give these a try for my next set. The CR500s were great but oh so quick to wear. The Sumitomos wore fine but not the best for roadholding when pushing along. Congratulations on the class win first time out on these tires - that is a powerful recommendation.
×
×
  • Create New...