Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. I'm sitting here watching all this crappy white global warming stuff pile up and just saw Tom C's post about a car hauler for the west coast guys. Tom you are the best!!! Hopefully it will provide an opportunity for some of the west coast guys to join us. The more the merrier! I just hope the snow melts by July.:jester: Tom
  2. If you plan to autox, or track the car, the plastic/nylon bolt replacement on the rear wings is a must. You can buy a bag of them at McMaster Carr on line pretty cheaply. https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/3236/=1bsv4cv They are 5mm and 25 mm long. item # 94175A435 As Croc says they break off and don't rip out the rivenuts and save your aluminum skin from damage. You also don't need to replace all the bolts. Five or six are plenty to hold the wing on securely. Brake fluid is a yearly maintenance item imo.
  3. This might help. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/827135/Caterham-Seven.html#manual
  4. General maintenance. Do a complete nut and bolt check. Things vibrate and loosen often on these cars. Check wheel bearing. Torque your wheel bolts correctly. Change the oil and filter. check your battery. Check the brake pads every 10-15 years.:jester: That's it. Simple. Tom
  5. Don't know what engine your car has, but changing hoses is probably the easiest thing you can do. Drain the coolant from the radiator, using the bolt at the bottom of one of the corners, Open the reservoir cap to let air in which helps it drain. Squeeze the hoses to help get the coolant out. Undo the clamps, remove the hoses and replace and reinstall the drain plug. When filling, it may be helpful to raise the end of the car where the reservoir is located. If in the front, raise the front, if up on the firewall, raise the rear or put it on a slight hill nose down. That will help the air move up and out while you fill it. Fill if from the reservoir first. Squeeze the hoses to help the air move out, and top up again as needed. If your car has a heater, you may have to undo one of the top hoses to it to fill. Installing a bleed Tee is a good idea as well. After the coolant is filled to the correct level in the reservoir, start up the car and run it until the thermostat opens and top up as necessary. Leave the cap off as you warm it up. Good luck. Tom
  6. :smilielol5: Actually a few of those are correct. I am faster in it. I do have a ton of spares, I have an emotional attachment to it since I built it, and the shoe explanation is Waay too close to home. :smash: What hair?
  7. Just remember that it may also necessitate a new gearbox, driveshaft, intakes, exhaust, ECU. Costs can easily exceed the cost of just selling it and buying another one. Why do you think I now have two caterhams. ;>)
  8. John, a simple solution for the mirrors is to use a piece of angle aluminum and use the existing screen bolts to attach it. Drill a hole in the horizontal side and attach a long stemmed motorcycle mirror that will allow you to see over the rear wing. I'll attach a photo if you need one. For the center mirror I used a Spa one, I also extended the base so that I could see past it to my right wing. Tom
  9. Steve, I have Jenvey direct to head Throttle boddies on my yellow Rover engined car. Not the same as the weber looking ones, but they have worked great for 18 years now. Holy crap, I can't believe I built that car that long ago.:svengo: Tom
  10. In PA. windshields at least 11 inches high are required for state inspection. I have my brookland screens mounted to the band that Caterham sells, and it attaches to the Scuttle with two bolts on each side where the normal screen attaches. I made a couple of brackets from some aluminum angle iron that attach with the same bolts and I've mounted some motorcycle mirrors to them. That allows me to quickly and easily switch between the two different screens. One for the track and the other for the road. Tom
  11. Updated potential attendee list. There are still several past attendees that I'm hoping will join us again. Matt? Todd? Dermot? and a couple more. We have a shot at 30 cars on track if things work out. Plus my yellow car and Croc's SV if it doesn't sell by then. Should be a hoot. We would love to see more of you guys if anyone just wants to come out and hang out instead of drive. Tom 1. Tom G 2. Croc 3. Norm 4. Len C 5. George H 6. Tom C 7. Paul 8. Mike M 9. Blake 10.John B 11. Dan F 12. Graham 13. Seb 14. Jeff H 15. Fred M 16. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham! 17. Jim A 18. Roman 19. Scott L 20. Dave H 21. Mike S 22. Jay 23. Simon W. 24. Chris S. 25. Shane, Maybe, possibly, Tenatively, Hopefully, If, Might, Etc. 26. Dave D. and Bev D. DRIVER!!!:driving::seeya:
  12. Great Dave, I bet Bev will really enjoy getting that beast out on track. I'll add you guys to the list. Tom
  13. Welcome! You should fit in a Caterham SV and I think Birkin have a similar sized variant. Tom
  14. You put this list together, aren't you the Mike at #14???
  15. Just updating the potential attendee list. I'm thinking we may get our Storker to round out the marque collection, but I'll withhold adding him until he says he most likely, probably, could swing it. :toetap05:But we will add two more to the list. I'm still hopeful for a new record turnout. Getting close. 1. Tom G 2. Croc 3. Norm 4. Len C 5. George H 6. Tom C 7. Paul 8. Mike M 9. Blake 10.John B 11. Dan F 12. Graham 13. Seb 14. Jeff H 15. Fred M 16. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham! 17. Jim A 18. Roman 19. Scott L 20. Dave H 21. Mike S 22. Jay 23. Simon W. 24. Chris S. 25. Shane, Maybe, possibly, Tenatively, Hopefully, If, Might, Etc.
  16. Mike, Wives and girlfriends are welcome. There is a pool, with bar service, a tennis court, and for the most part we all behave. Plus there are a lot of other things to do within 40 miles if she doesn't want to be at the track. The Jersey shore is only 33 miles away, Atlantic city just slightly further if she wants to hit the casinos. There is a local Glass factory that has a great museum and a craft village. Plus a few wineries that do tastings, etc. We usually have a good number of spouses attend. If she can check tire pressures, that's just a bonus. :jester:
  17. Come on out Mike. You can caravan with Tom Carlin. We promise you won't stop smiling and laughing. It's great to play with other seven's on track. You won't find a better group of guys to hang out with. No big egos, Just a few jokesters. :jester::party::driving: Tom
  18. The guy is good. Nuts but very good. Skiing thru the trees in a jungle is just insane. one root, rut or rock and you are hitting tree at speed. Good night, you are toast. Great camera work too. thx Skip. Tom
  19. And the updates continue... 1. Tom G 2. Norm 3. Len C 4. George H 5. Tom C 6. Paul 7. Mike M 8. Blake 9. John B 10. Dan F 11. Graham 12. Seb 13. Jeff H 14. Mike 15. Fred M 16. Steve M 17. Jim A 18.Roman 19.Scott L 20.Dave H There are still quite a few past participants that haven't popped online yet that I fully expect will opt in. I also know there are several potential more that expressed interest after last year's event concluded. Hopefully they will make it this year. Where else can you find this many sevens together at one time. Even if you don't want to put your car on track, you should consider coming out and join in on the fun. The banter in the paddock is half the fun. This really is a fun group of people. And just to reassure you, if you've never been on track before, you can run in the Novice group, which has no passing, lots of classroom instruction and I'm sure we can get you some in car instruction as well. Tom
  20. I had met Taber and Joan at the Birmingham LOG so we were old friends by Gettysburg :flag: Joan was all for taking the car on track, but I couldn't quite convince Taber that he let her do it. I'm still hoping they will take a ride up to NJMP and join in on the fun. :seeya::seeya::party:Tom
  21. And they keep rolling in. 1. Tom G 2. Norm 3. Len C 4. George H 5. Tom C 6. Paul 7. Mike M 8. Blake 9. John B 10. Dan F 11. Graham 12. Seb 13. Jeff H 14. Mike 15. Fred M Mike and I have made our guesses of the final numbers. I think I'm going to win, I'm Half way there already.:driving: Tom
  22. Nice Shane, but you need to get that motor to rev a little. All Done by 6000rpm? Heck our fun barely starts at 6K. Watching my dyno pulls to over 8600 rpm made my heart race and my butt pucker. Yours was so quiet I thought it was Idling. :jester: Hope to see and hear it at NJMP this summer. Make it happen. Tom
  23. Mike, I honestly can't remember. I know that 2010 we met at Log 30 in Gettysburg and did Summit point. I Think there was a small, 6 or so of us that got together in 2010. The next had 9 cars and was definitely 2011. So I think this will be either the 8th or 9th gathering. Croc may know as he has framed all the pictures. Tom
  24. Now that's an oldie!!! Carson was great.
  25. Happy New Year Mike! Just like all politics are local, well, I'm freezing my butt of here in Philly. As for my Beach Property, all I can say is I still have tenant in it this week. Rentals for the Spring, Summer and Fall are sold out. If the water rises, the walk to the surf will be just a little shorter. Property values aren't declining. I don't think the rich boys in Malibu are dumping their beach homes either. But then again I'm not a snowflake like some. :jester: You are the best in my book. We've always had great discussions. Can't wait to see you again on track. Stay warm. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...