Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. I've got a lovely special Rock for the Debris award should someone kick some out on to track like last year. Just one month to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Tom
  2. Todd, after looking at the picture, it sure looks like the standard Caterham diff in my 2000 cat. However, I noticed that the lug on the top is still there. When I built my car that lug needs to be trimmed so that it doesn't interfere with the DeDion Tube. The exact measurement of the amount that needs to be sawed off is in the Caterham build guide. I can look it up if you need it.
  3. New Tires, a another 10 hp and HUGE BALLS!!! That's the ticket. As you know, Seb is very motivated to excel. Just make sure you are looking in your mirrors and have your arm ready to point him by. :driving: Tom
  4. Al, if you want to see Lots of Sevens, you didn't have to go to Birmingham, Al. You just need to come over to Millville NJ. in a few weeks. :seeya::driving: Tom
  5. Congrats Dermot, Hopefully it will make it to you in time for the 7s gathering at NJMP. It should be a blast to drive. Welcome to the Fat Bastard club. Tom
  6. Give me B give me a D give me a ... :jester:
  7. What? Simon, aren't you going to tell him about the new supercharger? :leaving:
  8. Nice job Seb, Looks like you've thrown down the gauntlet for Simon. We'll see what upgrades he's going to need to keep up with you. Tom
  9. Thanks Croc. I got up early this morning (probably not as early as you) but I was up early enough to call the UK and place an order for the MFRU and the guys on Blatchat provided me with a link to a UK source for a complete plug kit, which includes the housing, inner, front plate and the correct econoseal teminals. Hopefully those will all ship on Monday and make their way across the pond in record time. :deadhorse: As a back up, Simon has agreed to have his son make a UK Ebay purchase of a used MFRU complete with the plugs and then have it shipped here as the UK EBayer would not ship to the US. So I'm covered I think, Might be seeing Yellow out on track again if the shipments don't arrive in time for our next track day.
  10. Mike, I doubt it. This car's clutch is so touchy that to get it moving without stalling is a major effort. I've ordered a new unit from England this morning. And I'm trying to see if the plug can be rewired. I found a source for them in the US but they come in 100 unit packs. :svengo: I'm going to keep trying but if anyone else can help source it here in the states that would be great. here is the part number I'm looking for. AMP 344079-1 (Econoseal III 250 Series 8 Way Receptacle Housing)
  11. Hi Paul, I just ordered a new MFRU from the UK, but as suspected the plug is part of a wiring harness and they need the car type, Caterham doesn't help much. I think it's actually from an MGF, but I don't really want to pay for the full harness. I asked if he can rewire the plug, I'll follow up today. Thanks for the help. Tom
  12. Orange is in the shop trying to find out why it won't start after running fine on track two weeks ago. Today I got the answer. It looks Like the MFRU seems to have gone tits up. I've found one in the UK that looks like a direct replacement, but I'm also in need of the large square Female plug with the wire pigtail as the existing plug seems to have some scorch marks on it. Anyone have any idea of a part number for the large female plug? The MFRU is a pretty standard Caterham part and appears to be a Mini or RoverK based part. I'm assuming it was part of the original equipment on the 2009 Orange car which had a 2.0L Duratec as it's original motor. Part number for the MFRU is YWB100970 Curiously, my RoverK series engined yellow car does not have a MFRU but instead has a couple of stand alone relays. http://www.alcester-racing-sevens.com/MFRU_plug_1.JPG Tom
  13. Time marches on and now we are just two months away from our 7th annual Seven's Gathering at NJMP. Croc has been on a globe trotting spree and still has been finalizing the details of our event. Last major detail is customizing the signup option sheet on Motorsportreog.com. Once he gets that finalized you will be able to sign up and register. Hopefully Mike waits until the jet lag is gone before he attempts to jump threw that hoop. I'm still optimistic that we can get to or above our last year's total of 20 sevens. Where else can you get a couple days of sevens only on track time, and socialize with a great bunch of seven owners? If you ever wanted to take your seven on track for the first time, this event is a great one to do it at. There is a dedicated novice group, with no passing that will allow you to learn your car and the track with no pressure. If you are an experienced driver, then what could be better than being on track with only seven's? No slow corvettes or porsches to slow you down in the turns. Just the fact that Tom C, (TBox)is towing in from 3/4 way across the country for the Third straight year should give you some idea of the level of the event. That or he's just plain hardcore. :seeya: Here is the current list of attendees. Hopefully we will drag a few more of you out for some fun. Two months and counting. Tom Drivers 1) Croc 2)Yellowss7 +1 3)Kitcat 4)SK400 5)Black Hole 6)JBH 7)Simon450 8)Spc_CwBy 9)Ottocycle 10)Wemtd 11)FMorser 12)BirkinDave H 13)TBox56 14)Dave D and Bev 15)Dan3030 +1 16)FastG 17)BBall7754 Spectating: 1)Blake J
  14. Mike, you are almost correct. It wasn't Caterham who did the remote tuning, it was SBD an engine turner in the UK. My ECU is the MBE unit like Seb's but mine is not locked so it can be accessed and the map can be modified without having to send it back to Caterham. Tom
  15. Save me a spot for yellow please. I'll put the slicks on it and make sure it gets some exercise. Orange will sleep in the trailer overnight.
  16. Seb, right now we have 16 drivers who have said they are planning on coming. I heard from a couple of regulars today who have family conflicts so they are out this year. Still haven't heard from all the regulars yet and there are a few others in driving distance that might still throw their hats in the ring. I still think we can get to 20+ this year with a little luck. Tom Drivers 1) Croc 2)Yellowss7 +1 3)Kitcat 4)SK400 5)Black Hole 6)JBH 7)Simon450 8)Spc_CwBy 9)Ottocycle 10)Wemtd 11)FMorser 12)BirkinDave H 13)TBox56 14)Dave D and Bev 15)Dan3030 +1 16)FastG 50/50 Spectating: 1)Blake J
  17. Hi Tabor, On my yellow 2000 S3 when the signals stopped working the Blatchat guys in the UK said that the fix was to toggle the flasher switch a bunch of times. Believe it or not it actually worked. Don't know if will on your car based on what Skip said, but it doesn't cost anything or time to give it a try. Just toggle the flasher switch off and on quickly for a minute or so. Hope it works for you as it did for me. Tom
  18. Mike, is that Ron (RedGoose's) old R500? Did you buy it? That was the best sounding 7 I ever heard. Tom And no need to polish it.:rofl:
  19. Get R Done!!! Don't forget to do the clear wrap on the nosecone if he's going to follow behind Kitcat. :smilielol5:
  20. Great Dave, Say hello to Bev for me. Any upgrades this year?
  21. Tom, you are Hard Core!:flag::flag::flag: Looking forward to seeing you and your Birkin again. Anyone Near the East coast interested in a Birkin should come out and talk to Tom, He's a really good guy. See you at NJMP. Tom
  22. Nice looking car. I love that pearl white and I'd add a set of bright green stripes to the nose and the caterham logoed stripes to the side. If I ever get around to doing a wrap on my orange car that would be the ticket. Once you're ready to get on track with it, think about joining us at NJMP. Just don't follow too closely to Kitcat. :jester: Tom
  23. Hi Shane, I forgot about that shot. Your storker tires made my 10 inch slicks look puny. Cool pic with my yellow car and not yet mine, Orange in the background. How's your rebuild going? Any chance you'll be able to join us at NJMP this year??? We miss Suave. Tom
  24. You are way under tired. No wonder you aren't competitive. Get some 10 inch slicks. Seriously. Good luck. Tom
  25. Better budget for a big set of sticky slicks if you are going to run in EMod. When I autoxed, Dmod was 2.0 L and under and Emod was over 2.0L . But that was ages ago. Your region might have different classes now. But that was the old SCCA rule when I ran. Good luck. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...